Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Art assets storing their default size

It would be fantastic if we could store default sizing for our art assets. I upload my own images with X * Y dimensions in the naming to remind myself the correct aspect ratio for the image. I also see from my marketplace purchases of art from Gabriel Pickard he's named the assets with the dimensions. Would it not be possible to extend the meta data stored for each art asset to include a width and height value so they can be dragged to the VTT how they are meant to look, instead of then needing to got to the context menu and set dimensions, it's a whole load of extra actions when building every map. I think this single change would save me loads of time when building maps.  
This! I would be happy already if roll20 would just parse the filename and look for dimensions like X * Y there.
This seems like it would be a huge user experience benefit. I bought some dungeon tiles assuming they'd have the necessary meta-data to size, but it sounds like there's no way to do that right now. If it's based on the image resolution and the map's pixel/unit scale it should be possible without adding any additional data or ui to the asset library. Just a size calculation when dropping the tile onto the map
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .