Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[LFP] Starfinder - ever other Friday 7pm (CDT)

Looking to start a Starfinder homebrewed adventure centered around a "city ship" that will me a kind of moving sandbox style game which will focus more on role-playing than combat (something like 50% role-play, 30% skill challenges, 20% combat is what I'm shooting for). Characters will be newly appointed members of the city's defense fleet, a small fleet of combat scout ships and transports that support the city ship. The Tal-Kirya's Captain and governor of those living inside the city ship has recently announced that after a tour of the Pact Worlds the Tal-Kirya will be setting out to find new worlds and systems and bring the light of civilization to them and joy of discovery and adventure to all those who join in this endeavor. The Tal-Kirya is currently setting in stationary orbit around Absalom Station awaiting the last of the it supplies and new citizens to arrive before departure, so welcome aboard. Please PM me if you are interested in this game and I will get back to you to let you know I have received your message. Once I have enough interest in this game and have settled on player I will let everyone know and will create a roll20 game page. Note this is a Voice Chat game using Discord and Roll20 for character sheets, maps and such. Game Expectations * Fleshed out character identities in the form of where they come from, who is there family, where did they get their training, what were they doing before joining up and so forth, don't need a three page background but give me a good idea on where this character came from, who they are, who they care for and who cares for them and just what have they seen. * Each character need to have at least one npc of the player's creation that they are strongly emotional and historical connected with, at least one, but not limited to one. I want things like: my whole family, my old sergeant from the merc unit I ran with, my on again off again hot redheaded lover, and so forth (be creative). I do not want orphan character with no npc connections and therefore no reason to stay around other than the job. * Character creation to be done as a group (so character creations rules will be posted at a different date, but you are free to ask me questions about stuff before hands, mainly so I know you're interested in said thing and may decided to add it), with each player coming up with their own connections between the characters and their character or using a random connections template I have to roll up said connections. This will make sure we have a well balanced group and that no one creates something that is not going to fly with the rest of the party or me. * Do not expect Experience Points from killing things, XP (Experience Points) will be given out for achieving milestones in the story, which may have involved combat but then gain may not have had any combat at all. I do want your characters level and grow but since this game will be more role-playing focused than combat I have decided to use this system so that your characters still gain the needed XP for leveling up. My Expectations * Don't be a Ass, I am a friendly guy who loves to tell stories with other players in a group experience that lets everyone join in on the creation of a great story, that is what role-playing is to me. I am open minded and my games are generally LGBT+ friendly, and beginner friendly as a rule, and I like it that way so please be respectful and encouraging to you fellow players if you join this game. *Game Rating, normally I run PG-13 style games with anything to R rated being handled off screen and fade to black, but I have ran darker games and lighter ones with different ratings. As a group, during character creation we will decided on which rating to use for the game and all players need to respect that. * Discord will be used not only for Voice Chat, but I would like all side comments, jokes, and ect to be posted on the text chat in Discord. I personally love side conversations at the gaming table, but in online play it can be really distracting so we will keep it off the Voice Chat and just move it over to text chat. * GM rulings stand until the end of game, then I am willing to hear any questions on rules or ruling you wish to bring to me. That is not to say I don't mind if someone who has the rule right in front of them to just post it to or a page number the rule is found on, but don't bring it up in Voice Chat, just use text chat. Note there will be times I will take liberties with some rules if it fits the story at the time, I will not do this often.
Still looking for one or two more players and then we will get under way....
Never played the system but have played pathfinder. If that’s ok with you I’d like to give your game a shot
With that we only have one more slot left open, with Character Creation starting on the 30th of March 

Edited 1521934998
All Slots filled at this time thanks everyone for your interest in my game