Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Paizo] War for the Crown Official Bug Thread

Edited 1523638311
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Thank you for purchasing the War for the Crown Adventure Path! Please report any bug or game issues below. Here is a quick FAQ based on past releases: I bought Crownfall. Now what? You can now create a new game and choose "War for the Crown: Crownfall" from the modules on the right hand side of your game creation screen. I bought a later chapter of the Adventure Path. Now what? Create a game and choose the desired Adventure Path from the "Game Addons" dropdown on the game front page. What Character Sheet should I use? All Pathfinder licensed content on Roll20 uses the Roll20 Pathfinder Official Character Sheet. When creating a new Roll20 game that you intend to use with War for the Crown, be sure to select the Pathfinder Official Sheet as your Character Sheet in the Game Setup page for full compatibility. Why does (Monster name) have a text token? If there is no licensed art available for a named NPC or monster, we must make a text token as a placeholder. Users are absolutely free to upload a replacement token if they like to their games, of course! Our licensing agreement only covers what's available in the module itself, along with other Pathfinder products if we have the assets. How do I use Dynamic Lighting and/or Advanced Fog of War? These features are already built into the module, however they do require a Plus or Pro subscription to utilize. Free users do have access to the basic Roll20 Fog of War.

Edited 1521741722
On the page "Lost in History" in area C2a there are supposed to be three nobles: Lord Wilfen Botoles, Sir Gryphus Plastion, and Lady Gael Urbaen. Their tokens are not on the map. They can be found on the Token Page, though.
Yay! :D Bought this already even though I'm not gonna run this until all parts are out. Roll20 version is looking great and shiny! Sorry if this sounds nitpick-y, but I'm bit confused though why doesn't  Lady Gloriana Morilla have a token picture since she does have a picture, or is it just matter of that Paizo didn't give Roll20 team access to NPC pics that weren't shown in the AP? Another small nitpick I have is that supplemental rules handouts have the rule info written in GM notes meaning you can't just show it to players so they can read as well, you'd have to copy paste text or just read it aloud to them. Some of them, like Research rules, would be really handy to show to players.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Thanks Fabian - I'll check that out! JJL - We are given access to the files for the AP, and as many other rulebooks as we are able. Lady Gloriana's portrait was not provided in the AP, so we did not know she had a portrait. There is so much supplemental text for Pathfinder that we'll keep finding and updating as we are able, thanks! For Supplemental handouts, formatting will be saved if you edit and copy and paste up into the higher field. We keep things in the GM text as a general rule so GM's can't accidentally show players important information, while keeping an easy C&P format if they want to :)
Oh, oki, yeah, that makes sense :D Realized another thing I started wondering about, I don't think if I turn off global illumination that maps take account light sources on maps? Such as B5 staircase having lantern with continual flame cast on it. I guess that might be by design though since I'm not entirely sure what everything is included in dynamic lightning and advanced fog of war support ^_^; (I don't want to sound too nitpicky because I'm grateful that I don't need to do dynamic lightning by myself D:)
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Global Illumination keeps walls and doors in tact for the purpose of lighting. Turning that off does mean that the party or map will need light sources in order to see.  If a map is assumed to have light on all the time, we default to Global Illumination. It's very easy to go to another map with a light ping (Dynamic Lighting layer, the white or yellow circles) and copy that onto another map to keep a consistent light radius :) Let me know if you have any other questions! We know that this Adventure Path will be the first time many users are interacting with Roll20 conversions of modules, so we're here to help!

Edited 1521744793
JJL
Pro
Hmm, yeah three out of four maps are where you can assume players have full visibility, though the Library/Escape Room map is stated to be shrouded in darkness and that one also had global illumination by default on. I'm bit confused about what do you mean with white or yellow circles though ^^; Edit: Remembered just now that Baron Oltar Vinmark also has a pic, its in Taldor, The First Empire campaign setting book where one of random encounter monsters is also from, though I don't think it matters that much since he doesn't make appearance outside of mention in oppara gazetteer Anyway, thank you for quick and friendly responses :D Looking forward for next War for the Crown module conversions!
Looking mostly good so far, but I had a question about the Macros that came built-in here... they seem incomplete or else very broken. I was hoping that the Taldor-Senate-Thresholds macro in particular would be a good way of somehow displaying or keeping track of influence gained in each area, but it seems like its meant to assist another macro somewhere else... what gives? Also, the Oppara-Rumors macro should whisper to the GM, since it includes a big TRUE or FALSE in each of them.
Yay Player's Guide has finally been released!
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Keenan - Can you expound more on what feels incomplete or broken? Additionally, have you created the macros from text provided or used the rollable table version under Collections? JJL - We'll work on getting that in for next week :) (I am assuming we'll be recieving the files Monday!)
how long does Roll20 take to update and acknowledge my purchase. i dont see the adventure in the premium assets
The module does not show in Premium Assets. Per the purchase page for the module: "you can create a new game based off of the module by clicking on the Start New Game option from the site menu. The column on the right hand side of the page is titled Optional: Choose a Module . Underneath this are thumbnail tiles for all the various Roll20 modules that are available. For the ones you have purchased, mousing over the thumbnail will make a check mark icon appear over the thumbnail tile. Clicking on the Crownfall module will select this module to be used as the base for this new game. Make sure to choose the Official Pathfinder Character Sheet in the Character Sheet options on the left."
The macro in the NPC Initiative handout isn't working for me. Can you verify that it does? %{selected|npc_init}
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Leigh M. - The macro text should read %{selected|npc_initiative} This handout will be updated in the next patch :)
Works. Thank you.
Hmm, curious about two things: 1) Is it possible in future to include discounts for people who already have campaign pdfs from Paizo's site? 2) Is roll20 ever again going to include jukebox list in modules? In days before soundcloud left(stupid soundcloud, still annoyed because of them my The Strange Dark Spiral jukebox list doesn't work anymore even though its incompetech's music) I remember modules including those and I'm sad that isn't a thing anymore since making playlist is actually hardest thing for me :'D

Edited 1522679930
Honestly I think it's an incredible value already.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
1) As we've discussed with other licensed products, Roll20 does not offer discounts if a user has purchased a product in a different format.  2) As we only convert what is included with a product, we are unable to construct Jukebox playlists for modules. 
Dame Malphene Trant should have a mwk longsword +4 (1d8+2/19-20). Instead she has an improvised club +1 (1d6+1).
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Songbird, Scion, Saboteur (War for the Crown 2) is now available on the  Marketplace!
Has player's guide been added yet to roll20 version? Not really sure if we get message when module get updated or if there is other way to find out, I don't think store page has been updated so I assume no?
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
JJL - Checking it out now as we received files some time ago, and it should be in. I will update as soon as I can confirm it's been added.
I took look over second module, noticed that unlike first module's maps, the map grid is set to count diagonals with D&D 4e rules instead of 3.5/Pathfinder rules. Also noticed Winter Wolf has generic token even though that one does have bestiary picture. Final thing I notices was that "Queen without Face's" token isn't put on pump map. But yeah, still loving these, second book especially has a lot of npc statblock from rpg line of books so its really great help to have them already ready :D
I noticed when I got further into the adventure a NPC I knew didn't have 10 AC was listed as having 10 AC. I looked into my PDF and sure enough (Daigo) had 10 AC even though I knew his AC had to be higher than that. I thought maybe it was because I had switched the Pathfinder Official sheet to the fan made sheet (because I prefer that one) in my game, and made a new fresh game with Module #1 and Module #2 having only selected the official character sheet. Character still have listed AC of 10 in the sheet. This needs to be fixed please, or tell me what I did wrong so I can deal with the issue. 

Edited 1524327197
JJL
Pro
? Bit confused about that post since as far as I know, attributes from official sheets don't transfer over to community sheet(they do remain on attribute tab though). They shouldn't have stats, babs, hd, attacks or skills from official sheet either, so I'm surprised if other npcs besides Dagio retained their stats
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I would not mix sheets.  The Official Roll20/Paizo releases are written for the Official Sheet only.  Some of the attribute names may be common between the Official and Community sheets, but how each sheet interacts and/or derives those values can be completely different.  Not sure what kind of problems you may experience after starting with Official and then changing to Community or vice/versa.  I am curious to hear how the Community sheet works with Offical Roll20/Paizo AP's though...

Edited 1524329618
JJL
Pro
I did test it once and it retained attributes on the attribute staff, but otherwise sheets mostly reverted to completely default except the description part.
I'm observing that same issue with AC reported by Roy K. - seems like all NPCs or monsters are listed at 10 AC (@{ac}=10, @{ac-touch}=10, @{ac-flatfooted}=10, etc.), though the {ac-notes} are populated with the correct values.  Not sure if this is a sheet issue or a failure to populate?  I tested by loading a brand new game with the module and official sheet, and the AC values appear to still be at 10 for everything.  Have done no swapping between sheet types in my games. Not a huge inconvenience, of course, but would love to be able to reference the AC at a glance.

Edited 1524589403
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Eric said: I'm observing that same issue with AC reported by Roy K. - seems like all NPCs or monsters are listed at 10 AC (@{ac}=10, @{ac-touch}=10, @{ac-flatfooted}=10, etc.), though the {ac-notes} are populated with the correct values.  Not sure if this is a sheet issue or a failure to populate?  I tested by loading a brand new game with the module and official sheet, and the AC values appear to still be at 10 for everything.  Have done no swapping between sheet types in my games. Not a huge inconvenience, of course, but would love to be able to reference the AC at a glance. Found the problem. It's a bug on the Official sheet when updating from v1.07 to v1.08. On opening the character sheet (PC or NPC), if the character is in version 1.07 or less (attribute "version"), the sheet was supposed to recalculate AC (once) for PCs. The bug is that it failed to detect an NPC (and to NOT recalculate / update the AC), so it reset AC to 10 (default value). v1.10 is coming (merged today and should be available tomorrow I guess)  will not reset NPC AC. EDIT : v1.10 of the sheet is up and running. Otherwise, in the meantime, I would recommend to : - not open new NPC sheet - wait for 1.10 to be alailable (you can check version on any PC character, at the right bottom end of the configuration tab on the sheet, without risks) Then you can open NPC sheet (with previously unmodified AC). For NPCs that have been already wrongly altered, you'll have to use the AC notes to fix it manually, or you may create a new game with the module, and use the Transmogrifier if available). I'll get in touch with the Powers that Be to see if something else can be done to existing games. Very (very) sorry for the inconvenience.
Great to hear that the issue was found, and a fix put in so quick!  Definitely much appreciated.  Shouldn't be too big an issue for us to migrate to a new instance of the campaign if needed, we're not too far in.  I'll keep an eye on the thread in case anything else is found that could fix our existing game. Thanks for the help!
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Hi folks! I just wanted to give an official statement as to steps to take if your games have been affected by this bug: A complete recreation of the game plus addons is your best bet for ensuring the stats will be correct. Always copy the original game first if any changes have been made to make sure that any of that work is not lost.  To piecemeal adjust any games, please see the following: For the module Crownfall -   Copy the current game if any tokens have been moved or edits have been made in the module. Create a new instance of the module and check the copied game for any edits. For the War for the Crown addons (Songbird, Scion, Saboteur) - Copy the current game if any tokens have been moved or edits have been made in the game. Remove the addon, re-add the addon and check the copied game for any edits. Please let me know if there are any additional issues and we apologize for the inconvenience with this sheet update. 
I am not sure if I missed it.. Do we have any fixes for Dame Malphene Trant and other possible NPCs with similar issues? It's not a big issue regardless, I just didn't want to keep referencing the book when I am re-balancing NPCs.
I purchased the module on another account a few days ago, but ran into a lot of problems that had me refunding it. I'm still interested in the product though and I'd like to know if there're any intentions to fix the broken NPCs in a future patch, and if there's an ETA on it. Additionally, I ran into an issue where the initiative tracker wouldn't update at all unless I refreshed the game. This issue doesn't exist in a naked game made with the Pathfinder Official sheet, so I think it was an issue with the AP, but I haven't seen anybody else comment on what should be a pretty glaring flaw so I'm curious if it's been reported to you at all. I'd really like to save myself the prep time with a little bit of a cash so it'd be great if there were plans to work out these issues.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Hi folks, apologies on the wait with this first patch! Patch 1.1 Updated NPC Initiative Macro to work with Official Pathfinder Character Sheet Added in War for the Crown Player's Guide Lost in History, Dignified Repository and Martella's Safehouse have had their Global Illumination setting turned off. Lord Wilfen Botoles, Sir Gryphus Plastion, and Lady Gael Urbaen have been added to area C2a on the Lost in History map The next patch will include updates to incorrect weapons for Dame Malphene Trant.

Edited 1527703900
JJL
Pro
So since I've been saving money, I don't have fourth one yet but I did finally get the third one  :) Also, have to say its nice that player's guide is enabled for players to view by default. Yay! Third module has crapton of content. I'm surprised you guys included even bestiary entries for creatures only mentioned in adventure hooks for bonus article adventure ideas, that is cool. Anyway, despite the huge amount of content(or perhaps because of it, it is hard to notice everything), only obvious bugs I noticed were Lammasu monster having typo regarding its CR reading "CR CR 8" and writer for vorvorak's bio pressing enter in wrong spot. So yeah, great job with the third module :D
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Thanks so much JJL! We're happy y'all are enjoying it :)
Me and my group are looking into purchasing this campaign and using it in a rotational gm style (Having a new GM for each part). Is it possible to buy  and use the addons WITHOUT the purchase of Part 1?
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Joshua - We make sure every creature is available standalone, however there are a few places that mention other resources in the other books. For example, there are many magic items that are only described in one of the AP's. I believe that keeping it all in the same game group will work just fine, as you would be able to share those specific details :) Please let me know if you have any further questions!
There is also that in every AP part so far there appears a npc that is more important in the next book. And in general, this is intrigue AP, so its bit of problem if players know specific spoilers about the AP's overall plot 

Edited 1529237927
JJL
Pro
So I haven't had time to check through 4th module completely, but couple of things I did notice or wonder about: Bit surprised Sayona monster doesn't have selectable token for appearance in living form and that Estella doesn't have selectable hag token. Also surprised that Baron's token is large sized because of his pre battle preps, but his soldiers in his room don't have large token since he casts mass enlarge person.  Besides that, started to notice that amulet of nat armor doesn't have its ultimate equipment picture in handouts. Wouldn't have noticed it, but realized that all of the belts and headbands do so took notice of it. And finally, surprised that some spoilery foes and npcs in some locations aren't on gm layer. Not a big deal though since gm can just activate fog of war and hide them Anyhoo, still fan of having sheets for monsters even in bonus articles :D And yeah, in retrospect its awesome that this is the first adventure path on roll20 because as intrigue heavy ap this is has huge amount of npc statblocks x-x;
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
JJL - I'll go back and check to see if we have an image for Amulet of Natural Armor. Sometimes the books don't have images either, but we do add in what we are able to find.  Which creatures would you consider spoilers that we did not have on the GM layer? We do our best to make sure encounters are surprises, so that means we missed something! Thank you!
Well, everything in Waterhill Manor that are behind secret door, but I think all gms would put secret rooms behind fog of war anyway so not a big deal. Bigger example is Shadowlass on Estella's shop, that one is clearly something you don't usually see in a shop :D I'm on fence on prisoner on third floor on keep since players don't see token names by default, but I think some players might actually recognize the character from picture alone. Otherwise the constructs in the keep as well, especially Clockwork Assassin as it attacks with surprise round if intruders are in the room for 1 round.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Thanks JJL! I'll take a look :)
Keenan J. said: Looking mostly good so far, but I had a question about the Macros that came built-in here... they seem incomplete or else very broken. I was hoping that the Taldor-Senate-Thresholds macro in particular would be a good way of somehow displaying or keeping track of influence gained in each area, but it seems like its meant to assist another macro somewhere else... what gives? Also, the Oppara-Rumors macro should whisper to the GM, since it includes a big TRUE or FALSE in each of them. Can anyone give me a clue what the Taldor-Senate-Thresholds macro does / how we actually use it?
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Hi Jeff - Thank you so much for this report. A test Macro was mistakenly not removed (it ended up not doing what it needed to), so please ignore that Macro. We will be removing it (and one or two others that made it in) in an upcoming patch. 
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
War for the Crown 5 is now available on the Marketplace! Some users may experience a performance slowdown as more addon content is added to a game. We have a few steps that may help improve performance: Remove some earlier addons completely before adding in WFTC5 - We make sure all necessary characters for each chapter exist in each addon. You don't need WFTC2 Martella Lotheed, she's still here in your future addons. Remove some high impact maps and pages that the players will not revisit - Landing pages for other addons, the Succession maps, Orvestikar Manor/Savories/Tea Shop, and so on.  Remove some high impact NPC's that the players defeated or otherwise will not encounter again . It's easy to re-install previous addons if necessary, or start a new game with the WFTC5 addon and bring the players over for the exiting climax of the War for the Crown series!
So yay, finally got part 5 for myself. Still no time to read it through every npc sheet but hey, at least I have no questions about maps themselves :D Only thing I'm kinda sad about is that Stabbing Beast's scorpion form picture uses generic one rather than one from Inner Sea Gods, but that is understandable since his tactics don't involve using it(and adventure as written doesn't even include his scorpion form's statistics in special abilities) so there is no real need to switch to it. I do kinda wonder when the War for the Crown pawns are released if roll20 modules will update missing pictures for certain npcs? I'd assume not since they aren't really essential 
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
We only get the files they send us, and then we hunt down any images from the book the creature itself is from. So if it says Bestiary 5, that's the book we look in :)
in the 2nd module, part 2, Merratt events, event 2 "Judging Crimes"- the text mentions that cases are presented below for the PCs to investigate and rule on. I do not see those cases anywhere in the module. Am I missing them or are were the ommitted? Any help would  be appreciated 
The  Antagonists and Allies  seems to be missing as well in Module 2.