Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[LFP][5e][Homebrew Setting][Long-Term]Looking for ~2 Players, 07:00 PM Central (00:00/01:00 GMT), Fridays Weekly

The Shardscape — a vast, endless realm of possibility. Here, the memory of a people turns not to myth but instead to physical form, and gods that had once been simply the whimsical ponderings of peoples looking for answers, in a universe that offered few, are born. But it is also a place of nightmare, where the twisted, nihilistic darkness — that insidious creeping evil — which underlies all conscious thought becomes manifest. Thousands of years ago, in their excess, the dwarves beneath the mountains brought a grim reaper upon themselves. As a wildfire scorches the earth following a summer drought, a plague brought down their empire. In a last-ditch attempt, the dwarves closer to the surface sealed the dwarvenholds below, leaving their brethren to die of either disease or starvation. The dwarvenholds have remained sealed since then. At least, until, in a bid to diminish the influence of the church, the secular government of the city of Kassar threw the gates open to adventurers, leaving to them the task of finding and reclaiming for the dwarves the riches once held by within. But millennia of contorted perceptions, of speculation as to what dwells behind the sealed gates, has drawn the Shardscape dangerously close to the mortal realm in the dwarvenholds. And in attempting to warn the people of the potential of danger in the holds, the church has created a swell of negative thought, giving birth to monstrosities that flood from the Shardscape into the sealed cities. As the people’s fear, paranoia, and distrust grows, the Shardscape will feed on the negative energy of their thoughts. It will birth darker and more dangerous aberrations. Where once only creatures of myth and legend spilled from the Shardscape into the dwarvenholds, soon, creatures of pure nightmare, chaos and agony incarnate, will follow. Kassar has created a danger which it refuses to acknowledge, much less fix. The Shardscape rifts within the dwarvenholds are wounds that will fester and grow until they consume Kassar and infects all that they touch. Having seen the danger firsthand, a group of adventurers has departed the city to seek the aid of the Dominion. Knowing the true peril that they face, they hope that they will not arrive too late to defend the city from those who are unknowingly paving the path for its destruction. === A Preponderance of Frauds is an established campaign. We’ve been playing since around December, but unfortunately due to personal and RL reasons, we’ve lost a few of our original group. We’d like to get more people involved, so if you’re up for playing a game on Fridays, at 07:00 PM Central/12:00 AM GMT for around 4 hours every session, we’d like to invite you to join us. Here’s a little information about the campaign that I’m running, and what you can expect of the game: Mind-fuckery : High — With a cognitive realm like the Shardscape in place, where the limit of what is possible is literally the imagination, there is no telling what will face the party. Hatred given form? Fear incarnate? A twisted labyrinth of psychological torment? A contorted image of yourself, who is the embodiment of all that you fear you are? All of it is fair game. Roleplay: High — I like to run games that involve a lot of roleplay, and whenever possible, I like to encourage interactions among player characters and between the players and NPC’s. It might occur that in some sessions, there won’t be any combat encounters at all, but rather quite a few social encounters. Magic: Medium — The Dominion, which controls the majority of the known world, takes a very wary approach to the arcane arts. As a result, magical items that are available are either used for practical purposes, or defensive purposes. Magical weapons come at a premium, and require a license to wield. Gravity: Medium — Like most groups, me and my current players like to have some fun every now and again, but the overall tone of the game is pretty serious. The party isn’t facing a world-ending crisis, but I tend to darker themes in my game. Levity can sometimes be a welcome break, but expect your characters to be put through some difficult stuff. Player Buy-In: Right now, the party is on a mission, a desperate bid to prevent the destruction of the city of Kassar as a result of its own obstinance. In so doing, they have found something of a calling, and, should they survive, they wish to establish for themselves an Adventurer’s Guild to aid in protecting the land and in giving other adventurers the tools that they need to do so alongside them. If you’re up to play as a “defender of the land” type, moving about from crisis to crisis, fulfilling contracts to destroy creatures and seal rifts and clear corruption, then this game might just be for you! === If you find that you’re still interested in the game after that spiel, then we should probably go over a few things about character creation: Starting Level: 9th Character Sheet: 5e Shaped Pre-Built Characters: Because this is an entire setting of my creation, the only pre-built characters that will be accepted are ones without pre-existing backstories unless said backstories are generic enough (i.e. do not contain specific historical events, prominent figures, and/or prominent locations) to be reworked to fit my world, subject to my discretion. Races: A word of forewarning: the races in this setting developed in a very different way than what you might have learned to expect in High Fantasy. For instance, due to a plague that nearly wiped out the entirety of their population, Dwarven society has become particularly fastidious and zealous. You can find more information about the races in this article: The Races of Sekhar There are no extant equivalents of the Triton, Firbolg, Kenku, Aarakocra, Shifter and Warforged races in my setting, and as such they will not be playable. Halflings are extinct as a result of the same plague that wiped out the dwarves. Genasi, Tieflings, and Aasimar are a special case due to in-universe lore. These races will be unavailable to choose from for your first character, but if you’re able to prove that you have the roleplay chops to play these races (because of aforementioned lore reasons), then I’ll let you use them for your next character if your first character dies. Alignment: I choose not to allow characters that start out evil-aligned. Classes: Anything published is fair game. UA classes are not unwelcome (except for the mystic), but you should talk to me before you decide to use something from UA. If a UA class/subclass has a published equivalent, the published option takes precedent, of course. I allow Matthew Mercer’s Gunslinger homebrew class, but not any of his other class options. Current Party Composition: A’Drekh (Dragonborn) Hexblade Warlock IstErián (Human) Storm Herald Barbarian Arventiri (Human) Assassin Rogue IstEristur (Orc) Samurai Fighter And that’s about it, I think? In-world lore will be discussed further with individuals when they join. Don’t hesitate to ask me questions about the world, though, as I’m very much open to answering them!

Edited 1522431269
Hey! Im very interested in joining, have been looking for a campaign to join from the beginning but your world seems so interesting I want in! A little bit about me: Im a newer player, looking for a dedicated group to be able to play and RP with. Love strategic combat and puzzles. Would love to join yall in this adventure, and hopefully on others! If you would like me to provide any more info let me know!  
I am interested in joining, also somewhat new. Looking for a long term group with role play. I've been kicking around the idea for a ninja like character, which could work well in this lower magic setting.  It's Wood Elf Rogue/Monk. Stealth, information gathering, some illusions and misdirection, highly mobile.  Very much the spy type. I know it's weebish, but it looks like a lot of fun. Let me know if your interested.
Hi! Sorry, but we've filled the two spots we have already
Np, have a good one mate.