Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Campaign Settings

I was curious if there were any plans to release published campaign settings in the future. Tal'Dorei and Midgard spring to mind, but also an official Sword Coast would be great too. I find myself frustrated with having to purchase a setting, and then physically type up all the info into Roll20 and find maps and so on. I know there would have to be agreements with the third party settings, but overall I just was curious if that was something that was on the Dev team's radar.
I think with roll20, you can use ANY setting you want. The only difference of the settings would be 1) Mechanics and rule-sets (5e,pathfinder,etc)  2) Mooks/Monster manuals. The first is handled by the character sheets that are built for you to include in your games ( 5e OGL, pathfinder, etc..) and the second is handled by the roll20 compendium add-ons ( D&D 5e MM, Volo's, and Midgard's Tomb of Beasts).  Outside of that, you can fit any setting in your games already.

Edited 1522444796
Andrew C
Marketplace Creator
Russ, I do have my  Six Duchies stuff setup as an Add-On , but haven't worked on putting more out because of relatively low sales. I might add more to that stuff, but it's low on my list of things to publish.

Edited 1522426089
Mike
Plus
Marketplace Creator
The  six Mists of Akuma  adventure modules on the Marketplace are in my eastern fantasy noir steampunk setting. :D
Andrew (Halfling Gypsy) said: Russ, I do have my  Six Duchies stuff setup as an Add-On , but haven't worked on putting more out because of relatively low sales. I might add more to that stuff, but it's low on my list of things to publish. Hmm, yeah, its bit of nasty cycle ._. Like, I'm as customer worried about buying "Part 1 of this many parts" 3rd party modules from Roll20 because lot of them in marketplace don't have all parts out and quite lot of them only have had part one out for long time, so as customer I worry if I buy them, I buy unfinished product that never gets finished which in turn doesn't really encourage creator to create all parts.
Andrew C
Marketplace Creator
JJL said: Andrew (Halfling Gypsy) said: Russ, I do have my  Six Duchies stuff setup as an Add-On , but haven't worked on putting more out because of relatively low sales. I might add more to that stuff, but it's low on my list of things to publish. Hmm, yeah, its bit of nasty cycle ._. Like, I'm as customer worried about buying "Part 1 of this many parts" 3rd party modules from Roll20 because lot of them in marketplace don't have all parts out and quite lot of them only have had part one out for long time, so as customer I worry if I buy them, I buy unfinished product that never gets finished which in turn doesn't really encourage creator to create all parts. Campaigns I'll work to finish, but to give you an idea... the Neoseilthir Setting has sold a lot less in total, than the volumes of the Campaign have sold in a month. I've got Volume 4 of The Chosen One in Dev on Roll20, and I'm off-server writing the final Volume as well. PLUS there are other things planned. But expanding into Campaign Settings just doesn't always get great results as the long-form. So when it comes to more setting material, it's a maybe, but the campaigns are a definite.