Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

making a roll check critical success/failure bast on the total result and not just the dice

I'm working on a macro for D&D tomb of annihilation, for way finding that lets me set the pace, the leaders survival and if they have bless or guidance then show green if they would pass the high way finding dc, normal if the only passed the lower dc, and red if they failed, i can build the roll but i don't know how to have to total result checked

Edited 1522963846
AquaAlex
Sheet Author
Translator
API Scripter
Do you know how to use rolltemplates and css? So easiest if you want to build complex actions is to build it into the character sheet using a CSS file for formatting and rolltemplates to determine various success levels. At the bottom of this post  CoC7e there is an exanple of how various rolles show different text and colours.
i know how to use existing templates but not how to add new ones, more over the current campaign need the ogl sheet and from what i've read creating a new template requires creating a custom sheet. plus that seems like it would be a lot of work to make one macro slightly easier it use at a glance

Edited 1522964183
AquaAlex
Sheet Author
Translator
API Scripter
in beginning it is not easy but the more you do it the easier it gets :) Plus as a pro member you can customize the existing sheet for your game without changing it for anyone else. If you only want to do it for the one skill I agree no need to change the sheet. Let me think about it a bit and see what I can do. The trick is always coming up with something that will work even if you do not have pro membership :) I am just in the middel of exams so may be a bit before i can help you, otherwise ask the ScriptMaster ( THE AARON )
I was able to fine a method of doing this by setting the cs threshold to be the dc - the modifiers then adding the modifiers to the roll (adding the modifiers back isn't actually necessary but i like to see the overall result aswell), this also let  me make the base dc selectable