Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Including Add-Ons to a game...

If I included addons ( from Tales of the Yawning Portal ) to my game, then made modifications to the maps and creatures from that addon, will any updates put out for the addons potentially over-write the changes that I have made?  Should I remove the addons from the game to prevent this, or is it unnecessary?  Thanks in advance!
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
The update will overwrite changes you made IF the update is specifically updating that thing.  For example, if you change the Bio of an NPC by adding a bunch of text it will: 1) If the Addon Update corrects something in that original text, it will overwrite your changes with the new updated version. 2) If the Addon Update does not change that original text, it will NOT overwrite your changes. You can look at the update release notes for details on what it is changing, but to be safe, you might want to apply it to a copy of the Game in order to make sure things don't get overwritten first before applying the update.
Thanks!
I think you can test the patch on a copy of your game.