Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Dynamic Lighting - "Darkvision" not out to full distance

Good morning all! I'm having an issue with my token's darkvision. My settings are as shown (ignore the "NaN" in Multiplier. I fixed that). Darkvision is 60', and it's supposed to be dim light as bright, and dark as dim. however when I CTRL-L on a token to see their view, I notice that even though I have no Dim value, the overall light does in fact show out to 60 feet, but there is a dim light set for the last 15 feet or so (45 bright/15 dim). I tried putting 60/60 and then only the last 5 feet or so was dimly lit (55 bright/5 dim), so it was getting closer to exact. I tried to put the Dim value at 0, and the whole thing is as if dimly lit, no bright at all. Is there a way to specifically have it go totally 60 feet of bright, with zero dim area, or do I just deal with that 5 feet of dim space and tell the players to include it as bright, as if the area itself is dimly lit? Thanks! :D
Light dims after a while in roll20. You likely won't get things very precise, but 70/-5 seems to work pretty well for darkvision 60 in 5e. Lights are cumulative. So if you have another dim light plus darkvision, it'll be "less dim", and two dim light plus darkvision, it'll be "bright" or close enough. It doesn't replicate 5e rules exactly that way, but it's been good enough for use for us so far.