Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[LFP][D&D 5e] Tomb of Annihilation Campaign - Sundays 2 PM EDT / 18:00 UTC

Edited 1523349655
Lex
Pro
Date: Sundays starting April 15, 2018 Time: 2 PM EDT / 1 PM CDT / 18:00 UTC <a href="http://everytimezone.com/#2018-4-15,360,b8jj" rel="nofollow">http://everytimezone.com/#2018-4-15,360,b8jj</a> <a href="https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.h" rel="nofollow">https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.h</a>... I am a GM looking to start a group for a Tomb of Annihilation campaign. I have played and GMed hundreds of hours of tabletop RPGs in person, online, and at convention. I recently ran a successful Lost Mine of Phandelver campaign for 5th Edition on Roll20 and a few of the players wish to head to the green shores of Chult with new characters but are in need of reinforcements. We are a group in it for the long haul and are looking for players that are as well. The campaign will begin with a one shot followed by a mini-adventure and on to the hardcover. I am currently running Tomb of Annihilation for another group at my local store, so this Roll20 campaign will benefit from me having worked out some of the kinks already. The campaign will be run on Roll20, but players will be invited to join D&D Beyond where I have a Master Tier subscription that grants access to digital versions of the PHB, DMG, MM, SCAG, XGE, VGM, and Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes (pre-ordered). It also includes their Character Builder and searchable databases of the spells, items, and monsters. This game will require payment to the Game Master at a rate of $5 via PayPal per session. Roll20 is not responsible for any payment transactions and cannot enforce any private arrangements. Campaign Evils stir from deep within the tropical jungles of Chult. The Death Curse is ravaging the Sword Coast. Resurrection magic no longer has any effect, and those who have been magically resurrected are withering away and dying. When once death was but a setback for some, it now marks the final end for all humanoids of Faerûn. It is a dark time for adventurers. Who is behind this terrifying plague, and most importantly how can it be stopped? Riches, danger, and death await all those brave or foolish enough to find out! Campaign Features The adventure is predominantly a jungle exploration hex crawl and dungeon crawl but contains large portions of role-playing, and some city exploration and intrigue. The campaign will be deadly and I'd like players to be ready to roll up a new character if need be. I'd estimate the campaign to last 6-10 months. My estimate could be off by a lot, but I want to give players some idea. It will definitely be quite a few months but not years. For a refresher on D&D 5e, checkout this video series: <a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoW2CDgztKY&list=" rel="nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoW2CDgztKY&list=</a>... The Basic Rules for D&D 5e contain all the rules you need to get started for free: <a href="http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/basicrul" rel="nofollow">http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/basicrul</a>... Read the Introduction and Chapters 7-10 (29 pages in total). Application (5-6 seats total) Please post applications and questions here. 18+ only. Voice with Discord is mandatory. 1) Describe yourself and a bit about your roleplaying experience 2) What do you enjoy most about tabletop RPGs? 3) What made you pick my LFG post? 4) Can you commit to a campaign for 6, 8, or even 10 months? 5) Do you accept the payment requirements for this campaign? If you have any questions, comment here or send me a PM. Character Creation The adventure begins with 1st level characters. Pre-generated character sheets are available at <a href="http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/characte" rel="nofollow">http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/characte</a>... Characters should be created based on the AL rules: point buy, no rolled starting wealth, PHB+1. All official AL options are available. If you want to use UA or third-party options you must run it by me first and it may be subject to modification. If you are making a custom character, I have all the player options on D&D Beyond and can share them with the players. This includes use of the D&D Beyond character builder and the full text of the books. Alternatively, I recommend CharForge (has everything), ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator (has everything), or OrcPub2 (SRD only). The campaign will begin near Murann, a port city just south of the Sword Coast. A ship's captain by the name of Jenny Harken has contracted your party. Many of her crew were kidnapped by a band of brazen pirates, and to make matters worse, her first mate and lover was among them. She asks that you recover her shipmates and return her lover to her. Why paid GMing? 1. Defray the content costs. I'm hoping to use the money to buy some Marketplace content on Roll20. 2. Prevent flakes. Players (and GMs) are far more likely to show up and be on time if there's payment involved. 3. It takes a lot of extra time to GM. I spend about 1-2 hours per game-hour prepping. Reading the adventure, taking notes, cross-referencing rules, finding and making tokens, finding and making maps, setting them up in Roll20, adding NPCs to Roll20, going over character sheets, and organizing the session all takes a lot of time outside the game. It's part of the hobby, but as I'm having to put in prep time I'd rather not have to spend so much on the content costs too. LFG Listing

Edited 1523149654
Hi there. I would love to join. 1) Describe yourself and a bit about your roleplaying experience I'm 27, from London and work as a Journalist. I've played a whole load of different systems including DND 5E, Stars Without Number and Shadowrun being my personal favourites. I've played hundreds of hours of various kinds, but haven't recently due to work commitments being varied. I'm now in a place where I get my weekends back, so here I am. :) 2) What do you enjoy most about tabletop RPGs? I love the shared story telling, bouncing off each other for ideas and narratives, the bond and general good atmosphere that is shared. The epic moments and laughs that are had are hard to get in other places, I tend to find. I also love it when a campaign is punishing. I want to be punished for missing something, or rushing into a situation too fast. Knowing that my characters are very mortal makes it so much more interesting to me. 3) What made you pick my LFG post? The GM so often makes or breaks the campaign, and considering the effort that you've already put into the post and your history of running other campaigns - if only half of that effort made it into the campaign, then it would be a fantastic time. :) Playing with an experienced DM that is dedicated to his craft is a real pleasure, and honestly the only kind I'd like to play with. I'm very well versed in 5E, and would probably like to play a Rogue - although I am more than happy to adapt and play anything, honestly. The people I play with are so much more important than what class I'm playing.

Edited 1523330400
Geoff
Plus
1) Describe yourself and a bit about your roleplaying experience Hey there,&nbsp; I'm 28 and from Denver.&nbsp; Started Tabletop RPGs with Pathfinder a couple years ago, GM'ed Lost Mine of Phandelver with some friends recently, and am now GMing a homebrew Starfinder campaign with the same group. Due to schedules we can only get together every couple weeks and I'm looking for a more consistent roleplaying group, as well as to play some more 5E! 2) What do you enjoy most about tabletop RPGs? There's something really special about coming together with a group of people to figure out a puzzle or take down a hard encounter. The teamwork and story telling aspect in Tabletop RPGs is something I haven't been able to find anywhere else.&nbsp; I also love creating characters and playing around with different creation options. Character death is always sad, but then you realize you get to pull out that new idea you've been playing with for a few weeks! 3) What made you pick my LFG post? After perusing a variety of LFG posts, yours is the one with the time that works the best for me. Also the Tomb of Annihilation setting seems pretty interesting, the whole death curse thing turns a lot of the typical high fantasy tropes on their head. Sounds fun.&nbsp; 4) Can you commit to a campaign for 6, 8, or even 10 months? Yes 5) Do you accept the payment requirements for this campaign? Yes

Edited 1523314195
1) Describe yourself and a bit about your roleplaying experience Hi Lex! &nbsp;Josh here. &nbsp;I'm 42 and live in Connecticut. &nbsp;I started playing DnD in mid 80's with 1st edition and played through 2nd edition through early high school. &nbsp;I dabbled a little bit in my mid 20's when hometown friends returned back home briefly. &nbsp;I picked up 5th edition this past December and I'm currently playing a home-brew here on Roll 20 for past few months. &nbsp; &nbsp; 2) What do you enjoy most about tabletop RPGs? Some of the most fondest memories growing up was roleplaying DnD with friends for days at a time. &nbsp;Game time inspired creativity, imagination and there was nothing more satisfying than overcoming those obstacles and claiming the rewards. &nbsp;Tabletop RPG's are very dynamic in that the content is always changing, usually never the same and the players bring different perspectives together. 3) What made you pick my LFG post? I have been looking for a serious campaign such as Tomb of Annihilation that was starting from scratch on a Sunday. &nbsp;I was impressed with the information you provided regarding this campaign and how you run campaigns. &nbsp;You put a lot of effort into the introduction which made it much more appealing than the others. &nbsp;This time frame works great for me too. 4) Can you commit to a campaign for 6, 8, or even 10 months? Yes, this is what I'm looking for. 5) Do you accept the payment requirements for this campaign? Yes
Thank you for the replies! Applications are still open if anyone else is interested.
1) Describe yourself and a bit about your roleplaying experience Hello, my&nbsp;name is Alex,&nbsp;32. Currently in Nashville. About 2 to 3 sessions total DnD experience. Played a few SW Edge of the Empire games here on roll20 but the game fell through, unfortunately. Other than that no real RP experience. 2) What do you enjoy most about tabletop RPGs? &nbsp;The ability to improvise a solution to a problem and open nature of tabletop games. 3) What made you pick my LFG post? The date the game would occur. I work an odd shift and the only day I can jump on is Sundays. 4) Can you commit to a campaign for 6, 8, or even 10 months? Yes 5) Do you accept the payment requirements for this campaign? Yes
Quick question -- if someone cannot make it, do you still pay for the session? How many sessions are "okay" to miss? Do you pay upfront per session, or several sessions upfront? Just curious about attendance "policy."&nbsp;
bearcatte said: Quick question -- if someone cannot make it, do you still pay for the session? How many sessions are "okay" to miss? Do you pay upfront per session, or several sessions upfront? Just curious about attendance "policy."&nbsp; No payment would be asked for missed sessions. It would be okay to miss less than once a month. You can pay for one or several sessions at a time. As this is a weekly game, I'm primarily looking for players that aren't going to miss many sessions. If you're unable to regularly attend a weekly group, you might consider ones which meet bi-weekly, or ones which run west marches style where there's an overarching campaign but regular attendance isn't as important, or look into Adventurers League where most sessions are one shots and if you miss some it's not a problem.

Edited 1523401854
11 1) Describe yourself and a bit about your roleplaying experience I am 21 and I live in the scorching heat of Arizona. I am not super experienced like some of you veterans, but have I played about 10 sessions of 5e and a couple sessions of Pathfinder a couple years ago, but it did not continue due to scheduling conflicts. Now that I have a set schedule I would love to get back into DnD and continue on new adventures!&nbsp; I am eager to jump in and contribute in any way I can. 2) What do you enjoy most about tabletop RPGs? I love the freedom and creativity. There are no other games that allow you to make any decision you want to and see how it turns out. The interactions between both PCs and NPCs could go any way based on how the players are feeling or how devious the DM wants to be, so it’s always a surprise. Also, I love rolling dice in combat and thinking of tactics, as I was an avid 40k player. 3) What made you pick my LFG post? I picked your post because you have a lot of experience, the schedule works perfectly, the ToA campaign looks really interesting, and you have DnD Beyond access! And of course, your price is more than reasonable. 4) Can you commit to a campaign for 6, 8, or even 10 months? Yes! 5) Do you accept the payment requirements for this campaign? Absolutely
I have sent out invites to those accepted. @Manticore: Thank you for the application. For such a long campaign I am looking more for someone with a bit more experience. Sorry, but thank you for applying.