Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

OGL Macro NPC Ability not working

Edited 1523483989
I've tried Silvyre's code from ( <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2834893/d-and-d5" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2834893/d-and-d5</a>... : /w gm &{template:5eDefault} {{outputall=1}} {{title=Actions}} {{ [@{selected|npc_action_name1} ](~selected|NPCAction1) }} {{ [@{selected|npc_action_name2} ](~selected|NPCAction2) }} {{ [@{selected|npc_action_name3} ](~selected|NPCAction3) }} {{ [@{selected|npc_action_name4} ](~selected|NPCAction4) }} {{ [@{selected|npc_action_name5} ](~selected|NPCAction5) }} {{ [@{selected|npc_action_name6} ](~selected|NPCAction6) }} and i've tried Sky's code from ( <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4921944/slug%7D" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4921944/slug%7D</a>) : ?{Public Roll|Yes, |No,/w GM} %{Selected|repeating_npcaction_$0_npc_action} which works but another which would be better to use doesn't: ?{Public Roll|Yes, |No,/w GM} %{Selected|repeating_npcaction_$?{Which action|1,2,3,4,5}_npc_action}} Neither seem to work.&nbsp; Am i missing something?&nbsp; Has the code base changed too much since then (Silvyre 2 years ago, Sky 1 year ago)?
For Silvyre's i get the following error which goes on for each action: No attribute was found for @{selected|npc_action_name1}&nbsp; For the Sky look-a-like i get: No ability was found for %{Selected|1,2,3,4,5} Oh and i'm using the current SRD5 sheet.
ok, found this post from another guy that looks like a modification of Silvyre's /w gm &{template:npcatk} {{name=@{selected|npc_name}}} {{rname=Actions}} {{r1=[[4]] }} {{normal=1}} {{description=1:[@{selected|repeating_npcaction_$0_name}](~selected|repeating_npcaction_$0_npc_action) 2:[@{selected|repeating_npcaction_$1_name}](~selected|repeating_npcaction_$1_npc_action) 3:[@{selected|repeating_npcaction_$2_name}](~selected|repeating_npcaction_$2_npc_action) 4:[@{selected|repeating_npcaction_$3_name}](~selected|repeating_npcaction_$3_npc_action) }} but i get the following error
has there been a change that keep it from looking like this?
So those are two different roll templates that you are seeing. These are completely dependent on which character sheet you are using, which is why you get a "working" menu when using the &{template:npcatk} and are unable to use &{template:5eDefault}. For a list of the 5e OGL roll templates see the&nbsp; wiki . The errors that you are seeing above are because the selected NPC only has two actions specified on the character sheet, Greataxe and Javelin. There is currently no way to prevent these errors from displaying short of removing those actions from your macro. This is why many people will create this macro as an individual Ability on the character sheet in the Attributes & Abilities tab.
Excellent.&nbsp; Thank you for the help.&nbsp; I may just set up a massive one with 10 actions in "My Settings" to use as a template and just pair it down for however many the npc has.&nbsp;
ok to follow up here is what i've done.&nbsp; i have it set up to show both actions and legendary actions and then i'll cull out the ones not needed when pasting into NPC's&nbsp; thank you to all for the help.&nbsp;&nbsp; /w gm &{template:npcatk} {{name=@{selected|npc_name}}} {{rname=Actions}} {{r1=[[1]]}} {{normal=1}} {{description=1:[@{selected|repeating_npcaction_$0_name}](~selected|repeating_npcaction_$0_npc_action) 2:[@{selected|repeating_npcaction_$1_name}](~selected|repeating_npcaction_$1_npc_action) 3:[@{selected|repeating_npcaction_$2_name}](~selected|repeating_npcaction_$2_npc_action) 4:[@{selected|repeating_npcaction_$3_name}](~selected|repeating_npcaction_$3_npc_action) 5:[@{selected|repeating_npcaction_$4_name}](~selected|repeating_npcaction_$4_npc_action) 6:[@{selected|repeating_npcaction_$5_name}](~selected|repeating_npcaction_$5_npc_action) 7:[@{selected|repeating_npcaction_$6_name}](~selected|repeating_npcaction_$6_npc_action) 8:[@{selected|repeating_npcaction_$7_name}](~selected|repeating_npcaction_$7_npc_action) 9:[@{selected|repeating_npcaction_$8_name}](~selected|repeating_npcaction_$8_npc_action) 10:[@{selected|repeating_npcaction_$9_name}](~selected|repeating_npcaction_$9_npc_action) }} /w gm &{template:npcatk} {{name=@{selected|npc_name}}} {{rname=Legendary Actions}} {{r1=[[1]]}} {{normal=1}} {{description=LG1:[@{selected|repeating_npcaction-l_$0_name}](~selected|repeating_npcaction-l_$0_npc_action) LG2:[@{selected|repeating_npcaction-l_$1_name}](~selected|repeating_npcaction-l_$1_npc_action) LG3:[@{selected|repeating_npcaction-l_$2_name}](~selected|repeating_npcaction-l_$2_npc_action) LG4:[@{selected|repeating_npcaction-l_$3_name}](~selected|repeating_npcaction-l_$3_npc_action) LG5:[@{selected|repeating_npcaction-l_$4_name}](~selected|repeating_npcaction-l_$4_npc_action) LG6:[@{selected|repeating_npcaction-l_$5_name}](~selected|repeating_npcaction-l_$5_npc_action) LG7:[@{selected|repeating_npcaction-l_$6_name}](~selected|repeating_npcaction-l_$6_npc_action) LG8:[@{selected|repeating_npcaction-l_$7_name}](~selected|repeating_npcaction-l_$7_npc_action) LG9:[@{selected|repeating_npcaction-l_$8_name}](~selected|repeating_npcaction-l_$8_npc_action) LG10:[@{selected|repeating_npcaction-l_$9_name}](~selected|repeating_npcaction-l_$9_npc_action) }}
a follow up to the followup this creates an even more simplified version that limits chat space.&nbsp; As this is just for me it doesn't have to be too fancy. Just to clarify the LG is for legendary actions. /w gm &{template:npcatk} {{name=@{selected|npc_name}}} {{rname=Actions}} {{normal=1}} {{description=1:[@{selected|repeating_npcaction_$0_name}](~selected|repeating_npcaction_$0_npc_action) 2:[@{selected|repeating_npcaction_$1_name}](~selected|repeating_npcaction_$1_npc_action) 3:[@{selected|repeating_npcaction_$2_name}](~selected|repeating_npcaction_$2_npc_action) 4:[@{selected|repeating_npcaction_$3_name}](~selected|repeating_npcaction_$3_npc_action) 5:[@{selected|repeating_npcaction_$4_name}](~selected|repeating_npcaction_$4_npc_action) 6:[@{selected|repeating_npcaction_$5_name}](~selected|repeating_npcaction_$5_npc_action) 7:[@{selected|repeating_npcaction_$6_name}](~selected|repeating_npcaction_$6_npc_action) 8:[@{selected|repeating_npcaction_$7_name}](~selected|repeating_npcaction_$7_npc_action) 9:[@{selected|repeating_npcaction_$8_name}](~selected|repeating_npcaction_$8_npc_action) 10:[@{selected|repeating_npcaction_$9_name}](~selected|repeating_npcaction_$9_npc_action) LG1:[@{selected|repeating_npcaction-l_$0_name}](~selected|repeating_npcaction-l_$0_npc_action) LG2:[@{selected|repeating_npcaction-l_$1_name}](~selected|repeating_npcaction-l_$1_npc_action) LG3:[@{selected|repeating_npcaction-l_$2_name}](~selected|repeating_npcaction-l_$2_npc_action) LG4:[@{selected|repeating_npcaction-l_$3_name}](~selected|repeating_npcaction-l_$3_npc_action) LG5:[@{selected|repeating_npcaction-l_$4_name}](~selected|repeating_npcaction-l_$4_npc_action) LG6:[@{selected|repeating_npcaction-l_$5_name}](~selected|repeating_npcaction-l_$5_npc_action) LG7:[@{selected|repeating_npcaction-l_$6_name}](~selected|repeating_npcaction-l_$6_npc_action) LG8:[@{selected|repeating_npcaction-l_$7_name}](~selected|repeating_npcaction-l_$7_npc_action) LG9:[@{selected|repeating_npcaction-l_$8_name}](~selected|repeating_npcaction-l_$8_npc_action) LG10:[@{selected|repeating_npcaction-l_$9_name}](~selected|repeating_npcaction-l_$9_npc_action) }}
Now that you know how to do this, you can also use this approach for spellcasters.
awesome