Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Stars Without Numbers Revised Edition: Space Battles Macrotized

Edited 1524852693
I wrote some cool macros to make spaceship battles in SWN: Revised Edition a lot easier.  Everything is pretty much one click with the use of API buttons.  If set up correctly, the macros will even track and announce the PC's "Command Points".  I've included a link to a PDF with all of my code and set-up instructions.  I've also included a link to a tutorial video I made showing how to set it up!  I hope some folks can get some good use out of it! Macros and Instructions Tutorial Video
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
This is really cool! I'm working on a much-needed overhaul of the SWN-revised sheet right now, and the parr of this that relies on roll templates will need some tweaking after the update hits. Just to give you a warning... .
Jakob said: This is really cool! I'm working on a much-needed overhaul of the SWN-revised sheet right now, and the parr of this that relies on roll templates will need some tweaking after the update hits. Just to give you a warning... . Thanks Jakob!  I love the sheet.  Hopefully I won't have to tweak too much!  I would love to see a "drone" tab on the sheet one day.  I run a lot of drones in SWN combat.  I appreciate the warning :)
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The changes would have to be done to all the macros, but they're simple individually. Essentially you will have to change all the template names and template keys eventually (though I'll keep the old templates in place for a transition period).
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Charlie Chopshop said: I wrote some cool macros to make spaceship battles in SWN: Revised Edition a lot easier.  Everything is pretty much one click with the use of API buttons.  If set up correctly, the macros will even track and announce the PC's "Command Points".  I've included a link to a PDF with all of my code and set-up instructions.  I've also included a link to a tutorial video I made showing how to set it up!  I hope some folks can get some good use out of it! Cool stuff, thanks for sharing!

Edited 1525251542
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Jakob said: I'm working on a much-needed overhaul of the SWN-revised sheet right now, and the parr of this that relies on roll templates will need some tweaking after the update hits.  Good news. Do you plan to add i18n/mulitlingual support? (I was thinking about it)

Edited 1525251603
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Natha said: Jakob said: I'm working on a much-needed overhaul of the SWN-revised sheet right now, and the parr of this that relies on roll templates will need some tweaking after the update hits.  Good news. Do you plan to add i18n/mulitlingual support? (I was thinking about it) I've been putting it off so far because adding in i18n is so annoying, but I guess I'll do it eventually...
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Jakob said: I've been putting it off so far because putting in i18n is so annoying, but I guess I'll do it eventually... If you don't/can't/won't (and I agree, it's annoying :( ), and if I got some free time in my hands at one point, I'll do it after you finish your update.