Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Macro] Displaying and Using a roll result as part of another inline roll's ?{query}

Here's the rundown. I'm creating a macro to perform weapon attacks using the default template, but have run into an issue. As part of the game we're running (Only War), the number of "Degrees of Success" is used as a measurement of how successful you are. I need to generate these Degrees of Success in the first roll, then use them in the second. The macro I've made (Neatened) is displayed below [[((@{Valkan Haslinger|BallisticSkill} + ?{Aiming|No (+0),0|Half Action (+20), 20|Full Action (+30),30} + ?{Range|Point Blank (+30),30|Close Range (+10),10|Standard (+0),0|Long Range (-10),-10|Extreme Range (-30),-30} + ?{Shot Type|Standard (+10),10|Called Shot (-10),-10} + ?{Modifiers|1} - 1d100cs1cf100) /10)]] Degrees of Success Damage:= [[?{Degrees of Success}d10]] The first block generates the Degrees of Success as it's final, overall value. I want to them use that value in the second half where you see ?{Degrees of Success} I'm not sure on how I would do this, but I imagine it would be some kind of query. Any help would be appreciated, thank you!
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You can't do this natively without having it as two macros with manual input for the second one. As a pro subscriber however you would be able to do this with a script like  Powercards .
I'd thought that might be the case. Ah well, good to know. Scripts are sadly not an option as it's not my game, but thank you very much for making me aware.

Edited 1526305615
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I take it you need to see the number of degrees of success as well? There is actually a way to do it as one macro but you'd have to hover over your damage result to see the number of successes :/ Also, do you round degrees of success at all? If so, which way? You'd need to replace the bold text below to suit the rounding rule for the system. As it stands: /em Valkan takes a shot causing: [[ [[ floor ((@{Valkan Haslinger|BallisticSkill} + ?{Aiming|No (+0),0|Half Action (+20), 20|Full Action (+30),30} + ?{Range|Point Blank (+30),30|Close Range (+10),10|Standard (+0),0|Long Range (-10),-10|Extreme Range (-30),-30} + ?{Shot Type|Standard (+10),10|Called Shot (-10),-10} + ?{Modifiers|1} - 1d100cs1cf100)/10) ]]d10 ]] damage! would result in: By hovering over the roll you can see that there were 5 degrees of success in that roll?