Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Copy Char attributes/abilities tab to another sheet

TLDR: Using the 5e OGL sheet, is it possible to create a macro/script to copy the abilities from one NPC character sheet to another NPC sheet? I have a pile of monsters with advanced macros on their attributes/ability tab, and I have a larger pile of older monsters I want to update to my newer methods, but the process is tedious. I can either make a "master" monster and copy that page repeatedly, then drag monsters to it from the SRD or create them by hand. I still need to tweak each of the generic macros by hand then. Of course, I could create the macros on the old monsters one by one and copy/paste from the newer ones, but I'm looking for some sort of automation.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Since you’re a pro subscriber, the API could do what you want...there may even be a script already. If not, many of the scriptonancers are usually willing to help.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
The script ChatSetAttr can write to a character sheet. In principle, it should be possible to do.
keithcurtis said: The script ChatSetAttr can write to a character sheet. In principle, it should be possible to do. You know I've stolen a lot of your tips & tricks this weekend, so thanks! But as I'm sitting here noodling the problem, it occurs to me that I can add a 4 or 5 of these token macros to my master macro character for easy copying from game to game. Then copy those into the game's macro section and allow them to show on tokens only. This would save me from having the "saving throw" macro on every monster's ability page, for example.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Good approach.

Edited 1526366703
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
TheAaron has a script for this .