Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[5e Shaped]

keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
By the way, links for both the documentation and the error tracker can be found at the bottom of every sheet.

Edited 1526311868
keithcurtis said: The tick box for dice modifiers allows you to place the roll modifiers into the individual abilities that need them. For instance, you could edit your gun offense item and place the roll modifier in there. When the tick box is not checked, abilities do not display the needed field. So I would it in here? (and where?) keithcurtis said: By the way, links for both the documentation and the error tracker can be found at the bottom of every sheet. Yep, clicked the link to <a href="https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/wiki/Home" rel="nofollow">https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/wiki/Home</a> but could not see anything on dice modifiers And with a question like this is it better to start a new thread in Character Sheets & Compendium section then clutter up this thrad?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The box after d6 is the modifiers box. Add them there. This thread is the best place.

Edited 1526312493
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
You will notice with the option checked, that there is now a little bit of extra space behind the damage die (d6, in this case). That field is editable. Here is an example from a character in my own campaign. As for where to post, I'm not sure; that's a Kryx call, since it's his thread. I know he wants all bug reports or feature requests in the Issue Tracker, but I'm not sure about How To questions. EDIT: What Kryx said. :)

Edited 1526324008
And just to check before&nbsp;submitting a bug report when its probably&nbsp;user error, the syntax should be: cf&lt;2 As that does not seem to be working, getting this as the output, with cf: @{Bob|output_option} &{template:5e-shaped} {{character_name=@{Bob|character_name}}} @{Bob|show_character_name} {{title=Pistol}} {{offense=1}}&nbsp; @{Bob|attacher_offense} @{Bob|hide_gm_info} {{@{Bob|shaped_d20}=1}} {{attack_type_macro=[Ranged Weapon Attack:](~-LCNrO1oxNL8PzgzJrbq|repeating_offense_-LCR6KGpnpn9UGeJvNBP_attack)}} {{has_attack_damage=1}} {{attack_damage=[[4[dex]]]}} {{attack_damage_type=Pirsing}} {{has_attack_damage=1}} {{attack_damage_macro=[Hit:](~-LCNrO1oxNL8PzgzJrbq|repeating_offense_-LCR6KGpnpn9UGeJvNBP_attack_damage)}} {{attack_damage_crit_macro=[Crit:](~-LCNrO1oxNL8PzgzJrbq|repeating_offense_-LCR6KGpnpn9UGeJvNBP_attack_damage_crit)}} {{attack1=[[@{Bob|shaped_d20}@{Bob|d20_mod}cs&gt;20 + 4[proficient] + 4[dex]]]}} {{range=100}} {{ammo=[[@{Bob|repeating_ammo_-lcr6ds7adnnl7hg7hcl_uses}-1]]}} {{ammo_name=Bullets}}&nbsp; Set it to cf&lt;10 in this example just to get a cf faster while testing.
Make sure you put in a number before the d6.

Edited 1526329351
Jerry F. said: Make sure you put in a number before the d6. Well spotted, thought&nbsp;that 1 was a real value! :D&nbsp; Sor is working, but giving crit fail on the damage roll, kind of make sense as its next to the damage dice! But can I do this on the initial D20&nbsp; Attack roll instead? (I totally did not make that clear in the OP and feel a little stupid now!)

Edited 1526330922
I don't think you can because there is no Crit Fail Range. You are going to have to open a new ticket as an enhancement for the sheet. You could always place always do it manually and put it in the Freeform. All you have to do is click the atttack and then copy it to notepad. After that modify the attack1 line. Like so: @{GMTools|output_option} &{template:5e-shaped} {{character_name=@{GMTools|character_name}}} @{GMTools|show_character_name} {{title=Pistol}} {{offense=1}} @{GMTools|attacher_offense} @{GMTools|hide_gm_info} {{@{GMTools|shaped_d20}=1}} {{attack_type_macro=[Ranged Weapon Attack:](~-KimtvS_lymbcrb1CcQm|repeating_offense_-LCVN4iRHeNjydyisv6b_attack)}} {{has_attack_damage=1}} {{attack_damage_crit=[[1d6]]}} {{attack_damage=[[1d6[damage]]]}} {{attack_damage_type=piercing}} {{has_attack_damage=1}} {{attack_damage_macro=[Hit:](~-KimtvS_lymbcrb1CcQm|repeating_offense_-LCVN4iRHeNjydyisv6b_attack_damage)}} {{attack_damage_crit_macro=[Crit:](~-KimtvS_lymbcrb1CcQm|repeating_offense_-LCVN4iRHeNjydyisv6b_attack_damage_crit)}} {{attack1=[[@{GMTools|shaped_d20}@{GMTools|d20_mod}cs&gt;20cf&lt;2 + 2[proficient]]]}} {{reach=5 ft.}} {{ammo=[[@{GMTools|repeating_ammo_-lcvn5025v79bccmehzc_uses}-1]]}} {{ammo_name=bullets}} Then it should do exactly what you want. I already tested it works great. Only real draw back is as you level you will have to adjust things but once you get the hang of it. Quite simple. Like you can easily add Bless to this and Hex damage. In fact I prefer to do it this way.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It has been opened before:&nbsp;<a href="https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/issues/613/add-critical-fail-support-to-crit-range" rel="nofollow">https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/issues/613/add-critical-fail-support-to-crit-range</a>
Hello, What is the best way to implement the added 2d6 critical damage of a vicious weapon?
Other damage?
Or rewrite it like I showed 3 posts before.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Albert R. After the damage statistics for a weapon, there is a final field. Selceting that gives you a "plus" option. You can use this to add the flame damage for a flametongue, for instance. In the case if a visious weapon, give it "Plus" 1d6 of the appropriate type. It will double to 2d6 on a crit, but in any other case, just ignore the extra damage. Settings: Normal Hit (ignore extra) Critical Hit (include extra)

Edited 1526334391
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Critical damage is a field you can use. Add "2d6" and it'll roll 2d6 on a crit. Look for "extra on a crit" on the settings tab.

Edited 1526334543
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Jerry F. said: Other damage? Ah, that will work as well as "plus". Kryx said: Critical damage is a field you can use. Add "2d6" and it'll roll 2d6 on a crit. Look for "extra on a crit" on the settings tab. And that's the best, of course...
Thanks guys that did the trick.
This is absolutely far afield, and I know that "learning how to chop at character sheet code" is really beyond the scope here, but... In a game I run, we're using this sheet, and appreciating it enormously. We have a few houserules for 5E that I'm trying to implement onto the sheet - they're not exactly common things, so I don't expect them to be ever added. I've figured out how to patch in a new field and all that fun stuff, including both a "current value" and "max" (max hidden outside of edit mode).&nbsp; Using the recoverHitPoints function as a guide, I was hoping to hook into the long rest function and set the current value back to max on long rests, but I've had no luck. Doing some debugging with the scriptOutput, I've determined that's because the new attributes I've linked to the fields (ingenuity and ingenuity_max), while functional and callable in roll20 as character attributes with the @{name|attribute} syntax, don't return anything when referenced via "data.ingenuity". So the data array is getting defined somewhere, and I can't manage to track it down to add new attributes to it. I'm not much of a coder - just a hobbyist - but if someone could give me some direction on where to look, I'd greatly appreciate it.&nbsp; It's fun to play with as a puzzle, but I'm about two evenings into it, and thanks to search engines ignoring most non-alphanumeric characters, searching for specific syntax isn't really getting me anywhere.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I wouldn't recommend going down that path. I don't have the time to provide hands on assistance for such changes It may cause bugs It will fall out of sync with the latest version
Not sure if this is the spot to ask, but how would I add a global save check modifier. For example one of my players is using a cloak of protection.&nbsp; - I hope I figured out correctly how to add the cloak with regards to armour class, but might need some clarification. - It also gives a global +1 to saving throws, but I'm not sure how to add that, any help on this would be great.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
To add global modifiers use the "Modifiers" section. Cloak of protection can be added as a modifier with a +1 ac bonus and a +1 saving throw bonus.
@Kryx - Well, I'll keep plugging at it. It definitely may cause some bugs, and the syncing is a pain. I've been maintaining a tweak splitting the dice system (1d20/2d10/3d6) into two choices, one for attacks/saves/other-combat-stuff and one for ability checks/skills since right after you made that available in the 15s.&nbsp; I only actually update the sheet for my game every few months, and it's always an hour or so making the change again (though I've been documenting my tweaks enough that it's gotten a little easier every time.) In any case, thank you for everything you've done with this wonderful sheet. I understand you not wanting to go down the rabbit hole of walking anyone through this level of tweaking, but hopefully you can wish me luck at least. :) Ta!
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
If it were myself I'd probably pursue the same path that you are so I don't blame you at all! But as you say I can't really dedicate the time to support individual cases. If you're good enough at coding to handle what you're describing above perhaps you'd like to contribute to the sheet/script? If you're interested in helping me maintain it and improve it let me know and then you could make some of these as options built in to the sheet.

Edited 1526641825
I don't know how to use bitbucket but I just wanted to pop in and say was there a specific reason for making the skills and saving throws hidden on NPC sheets when the NPC/creature in question has no proficiencies? (I get around it by toggling edit mode, but I thought I'd ask anyway) Also, I'm sure it's been mentioned that sheet entries tend to disappear as you mouse over them now (mostly in PC mode).
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
<a href="https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/issues/669/" rel="nofollow">https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/issues/669/</a>... is the issue opened about that. If you browse the old thread around march 3rd 2018 you can see the discussions that took place then. Chris P. said: Also, I'm sure it's been mentioned that sheet entries tend to disappear as you mouse over them now (mostly in PC mode). Nope, no idea about this or what you're describing. Please open an issue on bitbucket (just create an account and then you can open an issue).

Edited 1526649890
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Chris P.: Give the statblock macro a try. It will list those rolls in chat. There are also dedicate chat macros for saves.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
keithcurtis said: Chris P.: Give the statblock macro a try. It will list those rolls in chat. There are also dedicate chat macros for saves. It's only due to laziness that those are still in there. Don't expect them to stay there mid term. :P
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Noooooooooooooo! Oh well, I'll come up with a workaround. Is there a performance issue or something?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Read the issue above for why they aren't included. There was a discussion around march about this.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Sorry, I thought the issue you posted was about the other thing Chris P. was talking about (but in retrospect that was silly, since you afterward say you don't know what the other issue was talking about.) I do remember the discussion now, but it required a jog to my creaky old memory. I even commented at the time in favor of keeping them on display, but it's not a big issue, especially for NPCs. I'll just have to remember which skills go with which ability.&nbsp; Thanks for your continued development efforts. :)
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
18.1.3 Bug fixes #714: Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes, seems like monster imports fail to get actions
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
18.1.4 Bug fixes #711: Modifiers section not changing attack bonus on display Improved the method to only show NPC skills and saving throws. They show on the sheet and chat macros if they are proficient or if there are modifiers for that specific skill/saving throw.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
18.1.5 Bug fixes Fixed all the new cases raised in #714: Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes, seems like monster imports fail to get actions . This should fix the vast majority of Mordenkainen.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
18.1.6 Bug fixes Fixed error when modifying anything with a melee weapon caused by refactoring from yesterday.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
18.1.7 Bug fixes Fixed all the new cases raised in #714: Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes, seems like monster imports fail to get actions . With Vanakoji's testing this should handle every case it seems (besides some formatting issues that roll20 needs to fix).
Kryx said: 17.1.1 is out. 18.X.X probably not for another week or more, depending on reports that I receive. I haven't heard much from the currency change. Any update on 18.x.x pushed to live?

Edited 1526850664
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Gediablo said: Any update on 18.x.x pushed to live? Depends on how many people test and report back. If I have 10 people test 18.X.X for a session and report no issues then I'd release it right away. Otherwise I generally wait a few weeks until it's stable. In this case I may release 18.X.X sooner for Mordenkainen support for all, but I really want to avoid releasing a broken sheet and having people complain and me rushed to fix it. So to help it release faster it'd be best for people to test it. If you don't have access to a pro account I can give dedicated testers admin access to the development campaign.
Hello, I am having an issue with what appears to be the CSS styling. now I have tried using the standard shaped sheet on roll20 the sheet works but the styling is definitely broken. Then I tried the custom sheet by using the 18.1.4 HTML, CSS and 18.1.0 EN translation. this left me with the same issues. So I looked for an older CSS version and found 17.0.3 this was almost the same as the roll20 and 18.1.4 versions, functional but kinda broken. I only know a little bit of HTML and CSS but this is a bit much for me so il state what I see. It seems to be an issue with the CSS code which to me, looks like 1 massive line of code. But when pasted into notepad++ a massive raw text file. I used to use 5e OGL but really wanted to try the shaped sheet because of it's fantastic look and usability with the companion script. Jeroid(Raymond) Preview mode CSS code - github Shaped Sheet Ingame

Edited 1526899458
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Only 2 versions of the sheet are supported: The most recent version (18.1.7) The version available for all users via Roll20 (17.X.X) Please use one of the supported versions and then open an issue on the issue tracker if you are still experiencing issues. Always use the same version of html, css, and translations. They are never meant to mix and will cause issues. Preview is totally broken - it hasn't worked for years now. It looks like your browser is blocking images.
Thank you Kryx, It seemed to be the browser causing the issues (firefox) I had tried Chrome as well but it did not work on that one either. So I started up ugh Edge. And it actually works now. not sure how to fix the firefox/chrome issues but just for roll20 I don't mind using Edge. Again thank you
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Edge isn't supported as a roll20 browser so I wouldn't recommend that. Perhaps one of your extensions is blocking images. They're just from imgur and another image upload so it shouldn't be problematic.
OMG it was Ghostery blocking it. i didn't even think about that.... well i wasted like 5 hours trying to fix it lol.
Hello again Kryx Loving 17.1.1, can't wait for 18.X. I'd test for you if I had more time! Anyway, recently we upgraded from 15.X to 17.1.1, and we're using Script v13.1.0. Everything seems to be going smoothly, except automatic spell slot usage.&nbsp; I can create a new character, make him a lvl 8 Cleric, then add a third level spell to him, say Beacon of Hope. Then Cleric uses that spell, the Slot Police tells me he doesn't have enough spell slots. No matter if all the white circles are white or filled red, I'm getting the same output consistently.&nbsp; I noticed this bug had already been reported on 13.0, but was fixed? What am I doing wrong?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
If you're using the script then always use the latest version of the sheet. Choosing to use an earlier version of the sheet and the latest script will cause things to break.
So either I have to manually upgrade to 18.X or just wait until you release it for Roll20 to push?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
For script usage only 1 version of the sheet is supported: the very latest (18.1.7).
Is there a way to use custom hit dice on shaped? Like I'm playing a homebrew class that uses 2d6 per level instead of the 1dwhatever that most use.
What field do I use in the token to represent ammo? The only one I find is the auto_ammo_use but that just gives a 1 when I have 20 arrows. BTW I'm trying to get the automatic ammo working but I think I have an issue with script compatibility. The API page says "5eShapedScript 1527124657210 WARN : Configuration requires updating" with 13.1.0 and the current version of the sheet (17.1.1).
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Ben L. The script and sheet absolutely need to be in sync with the latest versions of each. Sheet: HTML CSS Translation JSON Script