Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Sheet Default Settings] Checked-by-default checkboxes do no function as expected

Edited 1526632241
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I have the following checkbox in my sheet default settings: { "attribute": "setting_individual_hidden", "checked": "checked", "displayname": "Fine-grained NPC whispers", "displaytranslationkey": "FINE_NPC_WHISPERING", "type": "checkbox", "value": "1", "description": "Show checkboxes to control public rolls vs whispering for all NPC rolls individually.", "descriptiontranslationkey": "FINE_NPC_WHISPERING_DESC" } This corresponds to this checkbox on the sheet: input(type="checkbox", name="attr_setting_individual_hidden", value="1", checked) Turning off the checkbox in the default settings does not work! Expected behaviour: If the checkbox is unticked, the default value for the "setting_individual_hidden" attribute is "0", corresponding to a disabled checkbox. Actual behaviour:  If the checkbox is unticked, the default value for the "setting_individual_hidden" attribute is "", which just makes the sheet behave as if the attribute is equal to its default, i.e. a checked   checkbox. Having a checkbox in the sheet default settings which is checked by default seems to be impossible to accomplish with this setup (or rather, it can never be turned off via default settings). I could circumvent this by using a select, but it would be great if this could be fixed instead.
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Any update on this?
Hi Jakob, I did submit this as a ticket to the devs a while back, sorry for not posting then! Unfortunately, I do not have any updates to provide as to its status at the moment with the Charactermancer rush going on. Sorry!