Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes Bug Reporting Thread

Edited 1526673979
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Thank you for purchasing Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes! Please report any bug or game issues below. Issues with the Pro addon Rrakkma can also be posted in this thread. Here is a quick FAQ based on past releases: I bought the compendium expansion. Now what? You can now see all Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes creatures in the Compendium, both&nbsp; in-app and&nbsp; on the site . What Character Sheet should I use? All Wizards of the Coast licensed content on Roll20 uses the Roll20 5th Edition OGL Sheet. When creating a new Roll20 game that you intend to use with Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes, be sure to select the 5th Edition OGL as your Character Sheet in the Game Setup page for full compatibility. Why does (Monster name) have a text token? If there is no licensed art available for a named NPC or monster, we must make a text token as a placeholder. Users are absolutely free to upload a replacement token if they like to their games, of course! Our licensing agreement only covers what's available in the module itself, along with other WOTC 5E products. How do I access the Rrakkma Introductory Adventure (Free for Pro Subscribers)? Rrakkma is a game addon! Start a new game and add it in to access it. For info on how to access addon content, please see here: <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/How_to_Access_Marketplace_Content#Game_Addons" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/How_to_Access_Marketplace_Content#Game_Addons</a>
I've purchased purchased Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes and I'm unable to access it at all, can you help.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Have you tried again? It looks like you posted this exactly at the unlock :)
It would've been nice to see some line breaks in the monster stat blocks in Mordenkainen's Tome (and elsewhere): especially in the spell listings. Whenever I click the spellcasting ability for one of the new archmages, for instance, I see this horrible, useless mess linked in chat: The archmage is an 18th-level spellcaster. Its spellcasting ability is Intelligence (spell save DC 17, +9 to hit with spell attacks). The archmage can cast disguise self and invisibility at will and has the following wizard spells prepared: Cantrips (at will): fire bolt, light, mage hand, prestidigitation, shocking grasp1st level (4 slots): detect magic, identify, mage armor, magic missile, burning hands*2nd level (3 slots): detect thoughts, mirror image, misty step, flaming sphere**3rd level (3 slots): counterspell, fly, lightning bolt, fireball**4th level (3 slots): banishment, fire shield, stoneskin*5th level (3 slots): cone of cold, scrying, wall of force6th level (1 slot): globe of invulnerability7th level (1 slot): teleport8th level (1 slot): mind blank*9th level (1 slot): time stop* The archmage casts these spells on itself before combat.** Cult signature spells It will take dozens of work hours for me to go across all the monsters in the various games I'm running and clean all of this up when I feel I should have usable, drag-and-drop monsters straight from the compendium. This very much also highlights the need for an editable compendium, so those of us that have bought the content can go in and format it the way we like. Thanks! Chris S.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Hi Chris: We have been making many changes to the CSS layouts of the statblocks, and we hear you about the text! If you take a look at the Compendium book -&nbsp; <a href="https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Drow%20Arachno" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Drow%20Arachno</a>... The Spellcasting trait is split up by level as before.&nbsp; Thank you for the feedback, the usability of creatures in-app is something we are always looking at improving :)
Where do I find the Rrakkma adventure?
Dean
Roll20 Team
David said: Where do I find the Rrakkma adventure? This is available for Pro subscribers. It functions as an addon, so you can start a new game and add it in to access it. For info on how to access addon content, please see here:&nbsp;<a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/How_to_Access_Marketplace_Content#Game_Addons" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/How_to_Access_Marketplace_Content#Game_Addons</a>

Edited 1526675595
So I have noticed quite a few things not working or plain dissapointing.&nbsp;&nbsp; The SRD seems to not have any large categories for Monsters. If there is one you cant get to it by typing anything you could with volos. Such as sort monsters by type, environment etc. Hell there is no option to just SEE all the monsters. You have to go through the trouble of Entering Monsters than filter it all, which seems counter productive to how volos worked. Searching for anything In the SRD seems to be really finnicky when it contains MtoF content, like i look up monsters, but MtoF options arent listed under that search.&nbsp; Also, there doesnt appear to be any way to quickly make a game with all the monsters and their tokens nicely placed together as to view them all. Sure volos came with its own maps, but being able to see all the tokens would have been great. Right now looking through things is not intuitive. I cant speak to if such is made on the Adventure for Pro subscribers as i am not one currently.&nbsp; Another to add to the list: Monsters dont have their attacks added to statblocks on some sheets. Might be an issue with formatting between OGL and other monster sheets though

Edited 1526676355
Spells are not available in the OGL sheet. Is this intended or it is a bug?

Edited 1526678283
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Austin - I'm getting a page updated for the Monsters by Name and Monsters by Type as we speak. I will update when that is live.&nbsp; If you look up monsters using SRD as the source, you will not see Mordenkainen's monsters, as Mordenkainen's is its own source. If I'm misunderstanding what you mean here, please let me know.&nbsp; EDIT: Check my next post! It's already really easy to use in-app :) Miodziek - Spells are not currently autopopulated on monster character sheets. It is a known issue.&nbsp;
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Austin - Apologies, while looking into the pages, you can actually search for them in app, making the pages no longer necessary! While in the Compendium Search, click "Filter Results" and you can search by type, and source! I have also linked the Monsters by Name and Monsters by Type on the Mordenkainen's front page for more ease of use.&nbsp; Happy Gaming!

Edited 1526684317
Were the demon lords really nerfed so hard without changing their CR, compared to their Out of the Abyss versions? Graz'zt mentions his sword drips acid in his lore, but it does no acid damage, nor is there any spell or action that would cause it to do acid damage - and I know for a fact it does acid damage in Out of the Abyss. Are these nerfs in the print version of Mordenkainen's, or mis-entries on Roll20's side?
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Chrono - That's a bug! I'll get to squashing it. His attack should be reading as follows, but is currently missing the acid damage -&nbsp; Wave⁠ of Sorrow (Greatsword).&nbsp; Melee Weapon Attack: +13 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target. Hit: 20 (4d6 + 6) slashing damage plus 10 (3d6) acid damage.
small note, the Stat block for The Leviathan does not include its Acid damage on attacks.
As far as I can tell, most if not all of the Demon Lords have damage on most or all of their attacks cut compared to Out of the Abyss, including losing secondary damage types, and have much less health.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
I'll go through and check all the secondary damage types for the Demon Lords and Leviathan. The HP does match the files we were given: 346 (33d10 + 165)
The monster import fails to import abilities, spells and attacks to the shaped character sheet.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes was designed for the 5E OGL sheet. For any Community Sheet issues, please let the sheet creator know in their appropriate bug thread :)
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Chrono + Austin - Their abilities should be working just fine in-app when dragging them out. The statblock template was not showing the data correctly and is in the process of being fixed now. Thank you for your reports!

Edited 1526687179
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Lee R. said: The monster import fails to import abilities, spells and attacks to the shaped character sheet. That would be best reported to the&nbsp; issue tracker for the Shaped Sheet, not the thread. This is something that often happens when a new sourcebook is released. I have a feeling that there are subtle differences in the data structure that need to be accounted for. Give a detailed step-by-step repro path when you open the issue.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Keith - I believe we gave the sheet creator a little bit of a headsup on what was changed (which was a lot, behind the scenes!) So hopefully it's not an issue for too long :)

Edited 1526736834
Baphomet is not proficient in perception, when the passive perception given means that he must be. Additionally: The Monsters List has a filter by CR function, but doesn't list every possible CR, with 26 (the CR of Zariel, Orcus, Demogorgon) and 25 (CR of a Marut) being notable gaps.&nbsp; The statblock for the Sibriex is missing its 'Warp Creature' action, which is still detailed on its full compendium page, but not in the statblock.
Found an issue with the Gith race in the compendium. It only shows the subrace stats, there is no +1 int, Age, Speed, or Languages.
Please Ms Trivia, I cannot access the Compendium for Mordkainians&nbsp;tome of foes, I really wanna add them to my game D:
Hey there. I'm trying to use some monsters from Murty Kurty Tomb of Foes but when I drag the monsters in there stats and skills are there but none of there actions or abilities. I'm using 5 edition (shaped) sheets. Are these not yet compatible with the Tomb of Foes? If so when will they be? Thanks
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Disco - Thanks, I'll give that a look Adam - Mx, and have you followed the instructions on the linked Wiki page? -&nbsp;both in-app and on the site . Matthew - As stated above, the Compendium is set up to be compatible with the Offical 5E OGL sheet. Any community sheet issues will need to be reported to sheet creators.&nbsp;
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Disco - This is because the Githyanki and Githzerai are subraces of Gith. So you'd pick gith first, then -yanki or -zerai, adding the additional race traits :) All of the monster pages mentioned here have been updated. Thank you very much for the bug reporting!&nbsp;

Edited 1526931368
As far as I can tell there isnt a place to see the main Gith race page... just the subraces. This doesnt matter for the elves in the book (b/c the main race info is in another book / not in MToF) but the Gith appear (so far) exclusively in MToF. EDIT: I just checked and I can view [Gith Characters] under Rules in the compendium in game. but there is no page with that info in the out of game compendium.

Edited 1526955607
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Disco-&nbsp; <a href="https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Gith#content" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Gith#content</a> I'll see about having the subrace pages added into this page as well, if you are having this issue, so are other folks :) EDIT - Updated the link. I'm waiting on the Compendium to rebuild to fix the page.&nbsp;
That link leads me to a 'Page not found'.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Gith race page has been updated!
In the entry for the Boneclaw, it shows the following: Damage Resistance Cold, necrotic; bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing from nonmagical attacks Damage Immunities Charmed, exhaustion, frightened, paralyzed, poisoned It says 'damage immunities', but those are condition immunities.&nbsp; Does the creature have any damage immunities?
Hey Trivia, I am not like most people and when I take a book like&nbsp;Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes I open it straight to the INDEX. The roll 20 version does not have a list of monsters by CR and I find this to be extremely dissatisfying. Any thoughts to include this in a future update?
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
You can filter by CR using the Monster List! Instead of making a completely different page for this list, we have made it part of the search feature. If you go into Advanced Search, you can narrow your choices by several other factors -&nbsp;<a href="https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Monsters%20List#content" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Monsters%20List#content</a>
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Masaioh - Thank you for the report! This brought up an issue with the compendium, we are currently only showing "Damage" in front of resistances and immunities. I'm looking into how to get another category in for Conditions.&nbsp; Until then, there are no damage immunities on the Boneclaw :)
Zuggtmoy probably shouldn't have 115 dexterity.
The pictures on the attribute page is bugged.

Edited 1527203013
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Ausos - can you link me to the bugged page please? EDIT: Ah I see
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Zuggtmoy can no longer matrix dodge bullets, and I'm looking into why the statblock image is showing up as broken, thank you for your reports
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
The statblock image should be fixed now! You may need to CTRL-F5 once or twice to re-cache (I know I did!)
Trivia said: You can filter by CR using the Monster List! Instead of making a completely different page for this list, we have made it part of the search feature. If you go into Advanced Search, you can narrow your choices by several other factors -&nbsp; <a href="https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Monsters%20List#content" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Monsters%20List#content</a> Already aware of this function but I want the table in the book. If you buy the book here on roll 20 we should get all the tables that are in the book. This is one of those tables. Also the monster list can be filtered by source BUT IT CAN NOT BE SORTED BY CR. I will refund over this.

Edited 1527209578
Arcanavore said: Trivia said: You can filter by CR using the Monster List! Instead of making a completely different page for this list, we have made it part of the search feature. If you go into Advanced Search, you can narrow your choices by several other factors -&nbsp; <a href="https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Monsters%20List#content" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Monsters%20List#content</a> Already aware of this function but I want the table in the book. If you buy the book here on roll 20 we should get all the tables that are in the book. This is one of those tables. Also the monster list can be filtered by source BUT IT CAN NOT BE SORTED BY CR. I will refund over this. You can sort by CR, name, HP, AC, size, or type on this page: <a href="https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Monsters%20Lis" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Monsters%20Lis</a>... Use the "Challenge Rating" button below the filters and the large "Monsters List" text -- the various 'Sort By' buttons -- to sort either ascending or descending. You can also include any other sources, including the SRD.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Arcanavore, you can do this on the website or in-app easily:
Searching for Mordenkainen's npcs is just bringing back "No results found." They are listed if I click into Monsters which loads the complete list, but the moment I enter anything into the search bar they're not showing. This used to work, is it a temporary server thing?

Edited 1528893634
Exact same issue has occurred in both the Monster Manual and even the Player's Handbook in recent weeks. I'm not aware of any announcements they've made for these issues in the past but I haven't noticed more than two days of downtime. Of course it happens on the day I decide to update my player's boss fight to include MTOF NPCs :/
while in game if i use the compendium to search for monsters by name or filter it down to just show Mordenkainen's tomb of foes it says no results found but if i just look under monsters it shows them all as normal. EDIT: the filter is now working but if i search for monsters by name none of the Mordenkainen entries are showing
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Thanks for the reports, folks! The search issue should be resolved as of this morning. Can you check to see if you can search for monsters in Mordenkainen's and report back if you're still having the issue?
The fix worked a charm, the search works again :)
Arcanavore said: Hey Trivia, I am not like most people and when I take a book like&nbsp;Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes I open it straight to the INDEX. The roll 20 version does not have a list of monsters by CR and I find this to be extremely dissatisfying. Any thoughts to include this in a future update? I was very surprised there wasn't a CR list of monsters too.&nbsp; Will this be added?