Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Checking interest for pathfinder sandbox style campaign.

Edited 1391977674
Like the title says, im just checking to see if anyone would be interested in this campaign i want to try somthing a little different for character creation. Players will roll for race, stats, and wealth. Just like in real life you don't choose what race you are, or how wealthy, or what your strengths and weaknesses are. And from there the players can decide where they want there characters to go from there, from finding a mentor in the class they want to peruse, to choosing the quests that Interest them. because the nature of character creation, this campaign won't be for everyone. If you want character optimization, and to play out a preconceived idea for a character this game might not be for you. if you would like to play a game where your character is built dynamically and in all likelyhood will not be perfectly built but that's what makes him/her unique. this could be it! players will need to be able/willing to play any kind of character (because of the random stats) new players are welcomed but it will be relatively fast paced, and most encounters will be life or death for your character. players will need to be equally able/willing to rollplay and roleplay. As it will be equal parts both with npcs and other players. disruption, or passive players (players who dont contribute and just roll on there turn then checkout) will be kicked and replaced. the setting is homebrew with bits and pieces that I enjoy taken from adventure paths. It will be pretty open for players to explore or go on quests, or collect bountys, whatever it is you enjoy doing. If there are others out there who are tired of easy hack&slash fights over and over and are maybe interested in a challenge or somthing different let me know and ill run it!
I do something like this myself sometimes. Although I let them pick race its the first thing they pick not second and then they roll stats straight down the line which means you won't always get stats that match up to the strengths of race. But yeah this sounds interesting it would all depend on when the game would be played though.

Edited 1391980001
My schedule is very hectic right now so I couldn't say for sure what day and time but im thinking maybe a Monday or tuesday, around 4pm Pst. But like I said that's not set in stone
bump
As interesting as it sounds that is way to late for me. I have an obscenely early morning work schedule and I'm 3hrs ahead of you so I'm usually in bed about an hour after a 4pm pst start time.
I'd be interested on that however i am fairly new to roleplaying
Sure that would be fine with me. Personally I have an affinity for steam punk as a genre, however I play many RPG games personally I have only played a little pathfinder, but I have a fair grasp on how most things work
BustnChopz, this sounds like it could be a fun game. I am available pretty much every evening 9pm+ CST (GMT -6) [7pm PST]. That is the only time I have available due to work and family. Hopefully that can work for you.
I would be interested in joining, I like the idea of stumbling into your character as you go. I'm EST so 4pm would be 7pm for me which works out.
id be interested in giving it a try, if its monday i am free close to 5:40 CST, tuesday im not home till at least 7PM id like to play a rogue if all possible
My brother and i would be interested in joining. We are EST time as well. Weekends would be best for us.
Another newbie interested. Like the poster above, weekends are ideal. If it is weekdays, I'm afraid I can't start until at least 9pm EST (6 PST).
"Admits a never-ending sea of trees, on the steps of the skyreach mountains, in a land dangerous and harsh, the town of winterhaven has thrived. Over the many years Winterhaven has been the only foothole in the northern front, providing invaluable tradegoods to the kingdom. The town has survived the harsh winters and drivin back the dangers of the wild, but not without help. Many hero's have stepped up when it was needed and saved the town from near destruction. But the hero's have all but gone from the land, and left Winterhaven vulnerable Who will step forward and protect winterhaven from the next great threat?" Glad to see people interested. I will get to work right away, and I will post in this forum first when I am going to start. days and times will really depend on what I, and the players workout. So as of now its pretty open to change. like I said new players are welcome but it'll be a steep learning curve, and you will have to play smart or you will die, but after all its no fun if your not being maimed, stabbed, eaten, or set on fire around every corner right?
Looks like if the game started 7pm PST you would have four available players. Poster Stated Availability PST SImon M. - ? matt p. - ? Drace Burne - ? Spazz451 9pm+ CST (GMT -6) 7pm Kasey C. 4pm PST 4pm Omians 5:40 CST, tuesday at least 7PM 4pm, 5pm on Tuesday Michael P. & brother EST weekends Max L. 9pm EST (6 PST) or weekends 6pm Personally I would vote for Monday or Thursday as those are currently my best days. Tuesday and Wednesday I am over at my church in the evening then home putting the kids to bed. So if some of that ends up taking too long I could be a bit delayed. Sunday would be the next runner up for me as if I was out of town for the weekend I would be back by then.
I could do 7PM PST on weekends but not weekdays since i'm in EST.
Maybe room for one more person we are getting together tonight at 7 pm Pst for character creation. And as of now play Tuesdays at 4 pm pst (starting time, and date subject to change) let me know if any one is inter
I'd be interested in playing
matt p. said: I'd be interested in playing are you available tonight for character creation? more spots just opened up. please message me if your interested.
petty sure i pmed you if not im available

Edited 1392176752
Bustn, can you send me a link to your game? Or are you not wanting me? And I am interested in joining but I am not free until 7pm your time as mention.
if the earliest you can do is 7pm PST it wont work for me
I didn't know there was a session today or I would have tried to come. Apparently you already have this game set up, and unfortunately I can't make that day and time.
it was only character creation tonight, still one spot open. we might be able to change the day, but the time would probably have top stay the same. but i think thursday might work, or sunday. i need to check with the other players.