Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Getting sound effects to play when certain actions are done!

Looking to see if there is a script or macro out there that will allow sound effects to play on spells or actions, for instance a fireball would trigger the fireball sound effect.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Roll20 Audio Master is the script you are looking for. You can include the API call for any track within a macro. It might be a little tricky to attach to particular actions, depending on the sheet you are using, but it should do the trick. It is available through One Click.
Pat
Pro
API Scripter
Actually linked this with sound and special effects - when it works right, it's an interesting combo!  Put it into a macro with the attack - the last few lines are the fx and the sound playing...  /fx Illithidcone @{selected|token_id} @{target|Foe|token_id} !roll20AM --play|Psionics

Edited 1527098705
I was thinking of an API that would look for a certain tag in the Attributes sheet like Sound_on_Spell or Sound_on_hurt or Sound_on_attack that we could like a Sound command too, anyone ever seen a script like that?
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Well, there's my Customizable Roll Listener script. You can set up chat messages (everything from just a "you rolled something" to complicated api commands) to be sent when certain text, rolls, and templates are detected in a chat message. I believe that health Tint (? may have the script name wrong, but that's what I've got it under in my scripts) can send commands or sounds based on health status.