Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[5e Shaped Sheet] Debugging missing character and Infinite Loop issue

Edited 1528027343
Getting the following in my API screen: Possible infinite loop detected, shutting down. Restarted Shaped Companion API Restarting sandbox due to script changes... Previous shutdown complete, starting up... Spinning up new sandbox... "Starting webworker script..." "Loading 1017 translation strings to worker..." "5eShapedScript 1528025940699 INFO : -=> ShapedScript v13.1.0 <=-" "-=> Torch v0.8.11 <=- [Thu Mar 30 2017 10:50:46 GMT+0000 (UTC)]" "-=> GroupInitiative v0.9.28 <=- [Thu Jan 11 2018 14:49:14 GMT+0000 (UTC)]" "-=> TokenMod v0.8.38 <=- [Thu Dec 07 2017 20:49:40 GMT+0000 (UTC)]" "5eShapedScript 1528025942288 INFO : Detected sheet version as : 18.1.8" "Sheet Worker ERROR: Unable to find valid character with ID -LE4RNAJIHrnjoCbtoAg" Aaaaaaaaand another restart....... Restarting sandbox due to script changes... Previous shutdown complete, starting up... Spinning up new sandbox... "Starting webworker script..." "Loading 1017 translation strings to worker..." "5eShapedScript 1528027127028 INFO : -=> ShapedScript v13.1.0 <=-" "-=> Torch v0.8.11 <=- [Thu Mar 30 2017 10:50:46 GMT+0000 (UTC)]" "-=> GroupInitiative v0.9.28 <=- [Thu Jan 11 2018 14:49:14 GMT+0000 (UTC)]" "-=> TokenMod v0.8.38 <=- [Thu Dec 07 2017 20:49:40 GMT+0000 (UTC)]" "5eShapedScript 1528027128860 INFO : Detected sheet version as : 18.1.8" "Sheet Worker ERROR: Unable to find valid character with ID -LE4VtniSQrEtxyByOzt" "Sheet Worker ERROR: Unable to find valid character with ID -LE4VtniSQrEtxyByOzt" Only disabling The Shaped Companion API script allows that to stop, which is not what I want.   The ID's keep changing every time the script is enabled/ restarted.   Not sure if the infinite loop is coming from this or not, but 2nd restart gave me 2 identical errors ... Any ideas where to find the issue? I can't understand what the matter is/ what to do about it. I am a Pro user, and I installed all items per instruction as a custom script in the manner indicated. I just don't know how to debug the issue, recreate the issue to isolate it, etc.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I would try reinstalling all the scripts from their source code. The sheet worker error has no impact on the script from what I've seen.
It doesn't but things don't work either.  I think it causes the loop at some point, which shuts the sandbox down and has to be restarted.  I haven't gotten Ammo and spell depletion to work for whatever reason.  That's how I found the problem.  I also had to restart the whole game one day as the drag and drop spell/ item to character sheet wasn't working. I'll try what you're saying though
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Have you tried installing script and sheet into a fresh campaign to see if the error occurs there?
no but going to.  I'm thinking a static object in the game is causing the issue.  I reinstalled all API code from source and issue is still happening.  My problem is figuring out what it's looking for, since it is changing the ID every time
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Wolf Thunderspirit said: no but going to.  I'm thinking a static object in the game is causing the issue.  I reinstalled all API code from source and issue is still happening.  My problem is figuring out what it's looking for, since it is changing the ID every time I think that error message comes from the character the script creates in order to check the sheet version. You should be able to ignore that error message.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Jakob said: I think that error message comes from the character the script creates in order to check the sheet version. You should be able to ignore that error message. Whaaaa? If that is so, thanks for solving one of life's deepest mysteries. I have several times gone looking for this "missing character".
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Kryx said: The sheet worker error has no impact on the script from what I've seen. I said the same thing above and many times before. :P
IDK what a simple person like me has to say about the things you guys are doing with complex coding, But I'd add a note for Sheet Worker to print something like the following when that line of code is run, to make it's effect seem less ambiguous: ... " Sheet Worker Test: Checking for stray cats... " "Sheet Worker ERROR: Unable to find valid character with ID -LE4VtniSQrEtxyByOzt" " Sheet Worker Test: Found one!  But we planted it, recaptured it, and returned it to the No-Kill Shelter.  You're Safe Now.  Your welcome.  Continue on, nothing to see here ... " ...