Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[LFP][5e][Homebrew Setting][Long-Term]Looking for 1 Player, 10:00 AM Central (15:00/16:00 GMT), Sundays Weekly

Sunlight shines through the thick choking clouds of ash from mighty Iðil, vicious Magi, and placid Bragm, the churning hearts of the Emberholt. Over nineteen hills they loom, their slopes of black obsidian deep, their veins the color of molten fire. And in the shadow of the raging Blackcrown rule the cunning kings in red. The streets below are choked with soot and smoke, weaving their way between the hills like a web of well-trod stone. The people who walk the roads are touched by fire. Their ashen skin shows through blackened cloth. Their eyes gleam like burning embers. One goes there to the fields of hard shrubs and prickly hedges, where the people find their sustenance while another goes there to the bellowing foundries, that belch their endless sparks to the sky. For all its seeming chaos, the Emberholt is a thriving center of commerce. The molten iron that its foundries produce is the glowing white-hot lifeblood of its economy. Ruled by the iron fist of the Carmine Kings, it is a place of law and order. Here in the shade of the Blackcrown, no crime goes unpunished, and all wrongs are made right. Though the environ is harsh, and the wilds beyond unforgiving, to the brave adventurer, the Emberholt presents a place of great opportunity. === Having just finished a campaign that I’ve been running for well over a year (unfortunately to pretty much a TPK), I’ve decided that bright and early next week, my group and I will start playing a new campaign. In the Shadow of the Blackcrown is that campaign. We’d like to get more people involved, so if you’re up for playing a game on Sundays, at 10:00 AM Central/3:00 PM GMT for around 4 hours every session, we’d like to invite you to join us. Here’s a little information about the campaign that I’m running, and what you can expect of the game: Mindfuckery : Medium — With a cognitive realm like the Shardscape in place, where the limit of what is possible is literally the imagination, there is no telling what will face the party. Hatred given form? Fear incarnate? A twisted labyrinth of psychological torment? A contorted image of yourself, who is the embodiment of all that you fear you are? All of it is fair game. Roleplay: High — I like to run games that involve a lot of roleplay, and whenever possible, I like to encourage interactions among player characters and between the players and NPC’s. It might occur that in some sessions, there won’t be any combat encounters at all, but rather quite a few social encounters. Exploration: Medium — The Emberholt is just one of the many realms of the Shardscape, and it has doors leading to a number of other ones. Your adventures will take you not just to the lands that lie beyond the tall obsidian walls of the Molten City, but also to the myriad lands that comprise the Shardscape. Gravity: Medium — Like most groups, me and my current players like to have some fun every now and again, but the overall tone of the game is pretty serious. The characters are facing a genuine crisis and have a lot to lose should they fail, but occasionally, levity is necessary in the face of what seems like insurmountable odds. Player Buy-In: At the beginning, this campaign will be more or less have your traditional adventuring fare: going on quests, getting gold, and making a name for yourselves. But as your legend grows, of course, you will naturally find yourselves fighting stronger enemies, and different factions will begin to vie for your attentions and fealty. In the end, you might even get roped into a conflict that spans the entirety of the multiverse — but let’s not think about that just yet. === If you find that you’re still interested in the game after that spiel, then we should probably go over a few things about character creation: Starting Level: 3rd Character Sheet: 5e Shaped Sheet Pre-Built Characters: Because this is an entire setting of my creation, the only pre-built characters that will be accepted are ones without pre-existing backstories unless said backstories are generic enough (i.e. do not contain specific historical events, prominent figures, and/or prominent locations) to be reworked to fit my world, subject to my discretion. Races: A word of forewarning: the races in this setting developed in a very different way than what you might have learned to expect in High Fantasy. For instance, due to a plague that nearly wiped out the entirety of their population, Dwarven society has become particularly fastidious and zealous. You can find more information about the races in this article: The Races of Sekhar There are no extant equivalents of the Triton, Firbolg, Kenku, Aarakocra, Shifter and Warforged races in my setting, and as such they will not be playable. Halflings are extinct as a result of the same plague that wiped out the dwarves and as such will also not be playable. Genasi, Tieflings, and Aasimar while normally not races I like to let new players start out with, are up for grabs in this campaign. However, do understand that their lore in this setting is very different from the lore that they are typically associated with in the traditional Forgotten Realms. Alignment: I choose not to allow characters that start out evil-aligned. Classes: Anything published is fair game. UA classes are not unwelcome (except for the mystic), but you should talk to me before you decide to use something from UA. If a UA class/subclass has a published equivalent, the published option takes precedent, of course. I allow Matthew Mercer’s Gunslinger homebrew class, but not any of his other class options. Current Party Composition: There isn’t currently a party composition as we’re still working the details of that out amongst ourselves but be informed that players are looking at the Sorcerer/Wizard, Rogue, Bard, and Paladin classes to play at the moment. And that’s about it, I think? In-world lore will be discussed further with individuals when they join. Don’t hesitate to ask me questions about the world, though, as I’m very much open to answering them!
Hmmm...Well, this does seem promising and timezone wise it seems to work for me as well. So, my question lies if something like say a Dragonborn is allowed to this world.

Edited 1528063135
The dragonborn do exist in this world, but on the material plane rather than the Shardscape. They are known as the A'Drekh, in this setting. If you plan to play an A'Drekh you'll have to come up with some justification for why and how the character has made its way to the Shardscape.

Edited 1528063362
Alright, I think I can actually try and come up with some ideas since I've read their history in this world on how or why she'd make her way to Shardscape. Oh yeah, is this gonna be via Discord with mics or how exactly?
This campaign is played over Discord with mics, yes.
Alright then, I think I can work with this rather nicely as everything seems to work. Even timezone wise since it'll be like 8-7PM EEST for me.
Taking a look over the description and introduction, this looks to be a well-thought out game and I would be interested in joining. With your time given you can be assured I will show up to sessions 100% of the time assuming your group and I mesh well. A few things about me to see if you guys think I would be a good fit: I like playing D&D because it is a creative outlet for me and allows me to write stories with other characters, which to me is a much better experience than writing my own novel or story I prefer RP/story over combat in general. But when it comes to combat I typically want challenging encounters that makes the players think and work together to win. I do not like being babied (Here's some 3 weak goblins with low HP/AC for your first encounter) and I completely understand a party can lose and players may die with these kinds of expectations. I am not really a fan of trigger warnings and safe spaces when it comes to writing fiction, as I believe in limits the scope of what we can write and themes we explore no matter how dark/adult they are. I however understand not everyone agrees and will comply to any safe space rules. The perfect DM for me is one who takes great care in building his/her world and creating a cast of NPCs that aren't faceless, generic mooks. The DM also has a vested interest in the personal goals/stories of the characters and works to give each character a satisfying arc. The DM makes good use of art and music to portray the feelings and immersion of the game. The perfect player/party for me would be one that is committed to showing up for most sessions. Each player is respectful of one another and shares the spotlight as this is a team game and not one person is the MC. If characters ever squabble or fight, the players understand everything is in-character and do not take things personally.  While I have listed what makes the perfect DM and party for me, I understand perfect typically does not exist. I do not expect everyone to meet 100% of my expectations but I do have standards if I am going to be playing a long campaign Sorry if the points were too long, but feel free to message me or contact me at ryanxwonbin;7613 on Discord if you are interested in having me. Regardless of whether you have me or not, good luck with your game.
Oh, man. I'd love to play with you in one of my games, but unfortunately, we've already filled the slot that was up for grabs here. :/