Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Fix tokens on map

I want to show unpassable things on a map in a way that they lay above the grid. Because i dont see a possibility on the map layer to do this, i would have to add these objects on the token layer. is there a possibility to make these objects even as a dm unmovable, or even better unselectable? or is there a totally different solution for the problem?
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
There are a couple API scripts that would probably do what you want but the API requires a pro subscription for the game creator.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
You could upload or use a map that has a pre-printed grid, and change the grid to full transparency. You'd need to match the printed grid to the built-in grid, but it's not a big deal if you're off by a few pixels. Any item you laid on top of that in the map layer would obscure the grid, but tokens will still snap to it.
thx both of you @keithcurtis this is a very interesting idea, i will try it out.