Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

initiative macro quick bar

Hi, I am trying to setup the macro for initative in the quick bar. I am using Shaped character sheet. What I want is: 1) select a token monster 2) press initiative button 3) send the value to the initiative tracker. This is the macro I wrote and the result: What did I do wrong?

Edited 1528372563
Pantoufle
Pro
Sheet Author
Translator
Hello, I dont know shaped but what I would do is press the initiative button from character sheet then in chat press up arrow to get the formula and copy paste this in macro
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Pantoufle has the right of it.  If you don't want the Roll Template from Shaped in the chat, I think the roll is: /roll @{selected|initiative_formula} &{tracker} or [[@{selected|initiative_formula} &{tracker}]]
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
The Chat--press up formula would give you a sheet-specific macro. For a macro that allows you to select any monster token on the board, use this for the Shaped sheet. @{selected|initiative_output_option} &{template:5e-shaped} {{ability=1}} {{character_name=@{selected|character_name}}} @{selected|show_character_name} {{title=^{INITIATIVE}}} {{@{selected|initiative_roll}=1}} {{roll1=[[@{selected|initiative_formula}]]}} @{selected|attacher_initiative} That will account for all the things like attachers to initiative and format it nicely for the chat.
keithcurtis said: The Chat--press up formula would give you a sheet-specific macro. For a macro that allows you to select any monster token on the board, use this for the Shaped sheet. @{selected|initiative_output_option} &{template:5e-shaped} {{ability=1}} {{character_name=@{selected|character_name}}} @{selected|show_character_name} {{title=^{INITIATIVE}}} {{@{selected|initiative_roll}=1}} {{roll1=[[@{selected|initiative_formula}]]}} @{selected|attacher_initiative} That will account for all the things like attachers to initiative and format it nicely for the chat. Yes, that is perfect, thank you!