Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

LF Players for Sandbox Style pathfinder Campaign (2-3 spots) READ CAREFULLY

Need a few more players for my pathfinder campaign. Custom character creation rules: players will roll for race, wealth, and ability scores. ( just like in real life you dont choose what race you are, how rich of a family you were born into, or what your strengths and weaknesses are. This campaign will be very player driven, and RP reliant. new pathfinder players are welcome, but it will be a steep learning curve, as players will NOT be optimized(in most cases) and EVERYTHING will be out to kill you. in most cases, just facing encounters head on will not work and most likely get you and your party killed. a fair amount of (in character) strategy will be needed. What i am looking for: -Players who want to develop a dynamic character that is not necessarily optimized -Players who can RP in character, and are comfortable interacting with other players and NPCs -Players who can/wants to play a class out of there comfort zone (as its likely, due to random ability rolls, you will play one) -Friendly, mature players, looking to enjoy a game of pathfinder What im NOT looking for: -Players who are looking to make Optimized (Streamlined) characters -Rule lawyers (i use a fair amount of house rules, and being corrected every 5 minutes get old, and you will be replaced) -Disruptive players, you dont have to agree with everything your party members do, in fact its no fun if everyone doesn't have there own opinion about things, but if it gets to the point of disrupting game play it wont be tolerated, and you will be replaced. -Passive players, who contribute little, to nothing outside of rolling an attack on there turn. The setting is home brew with bits and pieces taken from adventure paths(just random things iv enjoyed from them) its very open ended, and players will be able to pick and choose witch quests they want to do, and how to go about them. Because of this, higher level quests will not be separated from lower level quests, and its up to players to decide when and how to accomplish them. please message me if you have questions or want to join Current day to play is Tuesdays at 4 Pm PST but is subject to change if necessary
Haha.. had to chuckle.. sounds like an online dating checklist. "wants and don't wants". I feel for u bro, as a GM it's hard to get the right crew at times. Tuesday is my only free day currently, I'll give yours a try if you'll have me.
Why would anyone want to roleplay a character they can't even determine the background of? Sorry, but that wasn't even something we considered in the '80s.
Well this game is not for everyone. The randomly determined race/stats/wealth is just something new i wanna try to get players out of there comfort zone, and try something new they might not have before. Besides nothing is keeping a player from role playing said character how ever they want, after all your characters personality as little to do with the base stats it has. Just like in real life you do what you can with the cards life gives you.
I would like to play, but 4pm tuesday is not going to work.
would like to play am new to dnd and am willing to learn
I'd like to join if you still have room.
I'm interested if you still need players.
Interesting concept and willing to join your campaign if you still have spots
If you have the room I can join you! Sounds really interesting
Throwing my hat into the ring. I've done similar in the past, and wouldn't be against going at it again. Personally, we had to roll ability scores, and judge how that character would have approached life and come to a "career" decision. Wealth was open to DM choice, based on how well the character was developed; granted, most of the additional gear a character had were of poor quality, old, used, but it did give you something more. If you'll have me, I'd be interested in joining your foray into storytelling.
I'd be interested in playing if you still need players
This sounds like a fascinating experiment! I'd love to take part, but I'm not always free at that time. Would you welcome players who are only sometimes available, as fall-back characters?