Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[5e Shaped]

Ben L. said: What field do I use in the token to represent ammo? The only one I find is the auto_ammo_use but that just gives a 1 when I have 20 arrows. BTW I'm trying to get the automatic ammo working but I think I have an issue with script compatibility. The API page says "5eShapedScript 1527124657210 WARN : Configuration requires updating" with 13.1.0 and the current version of the sheet (17.1.1). You can't do that. Ammo is a repeating section, and you can't get those into the bubbles on tokens.

Edited 1527141949
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
fantom said: Is there a way to use custom hit dice on shaped? Like I'm playing a homebrew class that uses 2d6 per level instead of the 1dwhatever that most use. You can change your class's hd in the class area. 2d6 isn't supported, but you can toggle to NPC and add 1d6 hd for each of level and then toggle back to PC.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
18.1.8 Bug fixes #717: Custom Coin Text Alignment

Edited 1527215498
keithcurtis said: Hi Ben L. The script and sheet absolutely need to be in sync with the latest versions of each. Sheet: HTML CSS Translation JSON Script I had a bad link before, so thanks for those. I updated my sheet (it says v18.1.8 now) but the ammo is still not being expended automatically even though I have the check box checked in the sheet settings. I have recreated this character just to eliminate any problems with the previous one, and I had dragged the Longbow directly from the compendium. It still doesn't work. My arrow count doesn't change. I tested the new character a bit, and it does look like it's trying to decrement the arrow count, but it's not working. As you can see, each time it displays taking one off the current amount but doesn't actually do it. P.S. the sandbox still says "5eShapedScript 1527215351622 WARN : Configuration requires updating"
By the way is&nbsp; <a href="https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/wiki/browse/" rel="nofollow">https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/wiki/browse/</a> (the link from the first page of this thread) the documentation for v18.1.8? Because there is an inconsistency with the Ammo section. It show's this Which is obviously incorrect.

Edited 1527218694
This may be a stupid question, but have you changed the Ammo setting in the Settings tab (the gear symbol) to "Automatically use ammo"? Because it's working fine here on v18.1.8 with Script v13.1.0 Also, with the "Configuration requires updating" warning, run !shaped-config and it should prompt you to do the upgrade process (the script might not be working in the meantime because of that). It is supposed to prompt automatically when the script loads, but I've found sometimes I miss the message.
techiecarer said: This may be a stupid question, but have you changed the Ammo setting in the Settings tab (the gear symbol) to "Automatically use ammo"? Because it's working fine here on v18.1.8 with Script v13.1.0 Also, with the "Configuration requires updating" warning, run !shaped-config and it should prompt you to do the upgrade process (the script might not be working in the meantime because of that). It is supposed to prompt automatically when the script loads, but I've found sometimes I miss the message. Thanks! It did not prompt me at all. Not it's working, but there is a different problem. It now gets to -1 arrows before telling me I've run out.
Ben L. said: techiecarer said: This may be a stupid question, but have you changed the Ammo setting in the Settings tab (the gear symbol) to "Automatically use ammo"? Because it's working fine here on v18.1.8 with Script v13.1.0 Also, with the "Configuration requires updating" warning, run !shaped-config and it should prompt you to do the upgrade process (the script might not be working in the meantime because of that). It is supposed to prompt automatically when the script loads, but I've found sometimes I miss the message. Thanks! It did not prompt me at all. Not it's working, but there is a different problem. It now gets to -1 arrows before telling me I've run out. Ammo Police checks after the ammo reduction, therefore you would not see the Ammo Police notification until your ammo went to -1.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Your ammo never actually goes to -1, that's just the roll template output. It stays at 0 on the sheet.
Kryx said: Your ammo never actually goes to -1, that's just the roll template output. It stays at 0 on the sheet. Is there a way to supress output of the ammo while still tracking use?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ammo is tracked via the output. That's how the user is informed. Ammo always shows in the output, no matter if it's updated by the script or not.
Anybody have ideas on how to implement Staff of Striking bonus damage via charges? Description; The staff has 10 charges. When you hit with a melee attack using it, you can expend up to 3 of its charges. For each charge you expend, the target takes an extra 1d6 force damage. The staff regains 1d6 + 4 expended charges daily at dawn. If you expend the last charge, roll a d20. On a 1, the staff becomes a nonmagical quarterstaff. Mechanically, it works like Divine Smite only instead of Spell slots it uses charges. I tried Uses with the weapon using a query to select the number of charges (uses/use) but the player needs to enter that before knowing whether the attack hits or not. Recommendations?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I would recommend setting it up similarly to divine smite is (see the wiki) where you can choose to use it after the macro has printed. It is nearly identical to divine smite in setup so follow that method. You'll have to handle recharges yourself as those type of recahrges can't be handled by the sheet and script.
I've got a small problem with the character sheet and I'm not entirely certain how to solve it. I've made a set of new character sheets for a party a bit ago, and I was setting up some character pogs. I was setting some of the small pop-up bubbles to show the character's AC and passive perception, but for some reason only one of the five characters has passive skill totals as an option in the drop-down menu, even though I created all five sheets at the same time. I looked through the list and there's an attribute called show_passive_skills set to 0 in the one character who has the option for passive perception, but I'm not sure what setting it is that automatically generates those passive skill numbers. I've tried reading the documentation, but I'm not especially adept in this sort of thing, so I'm a bit lost. Any help or advice would be very much appreciated.
Kryx said: I would recommend setting it up similarly to divine smite is (see the wiki) where you can choose to use it after the macro has printed. It is nearly identical to divine smite in setup so follow that method. You'll have to handle recharges yourself as those type of recahrges can't be handled by the sheet and script. That worked great. I added a trait with the charges (uses) and uses query for the extra damage that the weapon button can reference to deduct the charges. Works like a charm. The player is totally fine with manually recharging.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ghost said: show_passive_skills You can find this setting on the settings tab of each character sheet. Turn on passive skills and they'll be available.

Edited 1527419604
Kryx said: Ghost said: show_passive_skills You can find this setting on the settings tab of each character sheet. Turn on passive skills and they'll be available. I might well be blind, but I genuinely can't seem to find it. The only difference I can see between the one character who has that turned on, and the other that does not, is that one of them is a spellcaster while the other isn't. Is this not the right tab? Thank you for your help. If you meant the show_passive_skills attribute itself, only the one character who has that is the one for whom it's already working, and adding it to the others under the Attributes & Abilities tab doesn't seem to do anything.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Passive skills are actually in the skills section at the bottom in edit mode - my mistake.
Kryx said: Passive skills are actually in the skills section at the bottom in edit mode - my mistake. And just like that, I've found it. I can't believe I looked right past it. Thank you for your help.
ok quick question - Will this sheet work with the Roll20 Wotc books - like the Monster manuel&nbsp;and the adventures and such
Grundvarg said: ok quick question - Will this sheet work with the Roll20 Wotc books - like the Monster manuel&nbsp;and the adventures and such It works with everything that has been released so far on roll20 as far as I'm aware. Regarding new releases, unless Kryx is given advance notice by roll20, there will be a delay before Shaped is compatible, but Kryx has usually been able to fix any issues relatively quickly.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
18.1.9 Bug fixes #723: NPC skill parsing broken for skills with spaces in them #724: Drag-and-drop for crossbow bolts freezes sheet, breaks future imports
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Thanks, Kryx! Any idea if you will integrate with Charactermancer in the future? I know your sheet already has some similar functionality, but I wondered if you might be able to offload some of it (like class features) to the CM.

Edited 1528354300
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I haven't been able to look into the&nbsp;Charactermancer yet. At first glance the technical implementation seems strange and time consuming. If there is a demo video or something that may help me understand the usage. Lucian and I briefly discussed adding a standard import structure for things like OrcPub built into the sheet. I'd be more inclined to do something like that.
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Hey all, Just in case there are people who aren't following the script thread any more: I've found a bit of time to look at the script bugs and I've nailed a whole bunch of them and released 13.2.0. It's on&nbsp; Kryx's github in the normal location. Enjoy! Lucian
Kryx said: At first glance the technical implementation seems strange and time consuming.&nbsp; It is exactly as it appears.&nbsp; I would worry about other things for a while.&nbsp; Once they iron out the bugs and change the surface of their interface of whatever endpoint they call to build a character, only then would I begin to examine the possibility of the feature. Also, I must once again extol the virtue of your effort and dogged persistence.&nbsp; You're like a better Batman.&nbsp; The hero we want and need .
Lucian said: Hey all, Just in case there are people who aren't following the script thread any more: I've found a bit of time to look at the script bugs and I've nailed a whole bunch of them and released 13.2.0. It's on&nbsp; Kryx's github in the normal location. Enjoy! Lucian Wicked, thanks so much.
Hi. I'm encountering an issue upon trying to use a customised version of the 5e Shaped Sheet. I've gone to the GitHub, gotten the HTML, CSS, and Translation for english and copied them all directly into the "Custom" sheet option for my game and after applying me changes: Sanity -&gt; Luck SANITY -&gt; LUCK SAN -&gt; LCK The sheet would no longer perform calculations. At all. Proficiency and Ability modifiers aren't affecting Ability checks or Saving throws. Adding a class doesn't update the sheet with the class' features. Weight isn't calculated based on items. Changing an ability score number doesn't edit the ability score modifier. I undid the changes I performed and re-copied the html, css, and translation from github into the Custom sheet option again, but without any of the above changes, and STILL this is happening. Is there a reason why using the code directly would cause the sheet to break in its entirety?&nbsp; I'm also trying to use the 5e Shaped Script, though this is not recognising the sheet to be the 5e Shaped Character Sheet when used in the above fashion. Any help would be appreciated.&nbsp;
All, I have loaded the new sheet from html, css and translation.&nbsp; I am receiving no preview and the game is saying there is no character sheet loaded.&nbsp; Same in the script 5eShapedScript 1528479541669 ERROR
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Are you grabbing the code from the&nbsp; Raw link? You can pick up garbage characters if you copy from the description page.. Also are you waiting for the page to fully load. It's a lot of text, and I've run into upgrade problems by selecting all and copying to soon. Have you double checked that it works in a fresh campaign.

Edited 1528483218
I picked it up from the raw pages? Not in a fresh campaign. Not sure how to go backwards.&nbsp; Ugh! Which script works with which sheet? When I select the Shaped sheet in Character Sheet (vice doing custom), it loads but the Script gives an error.&nbsp; Suggestions?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Use the script and sheet each from github. Do not try to mix github and one-click. That way lies madness, despair and frustration. The links for the latest version of each are on the first post of the first page of each thread.
I must have made an error somehow.&nbsp; I deleted the API's and redid them, then added the current shaped sheet and script.&nbsp; Am updating the characters now.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Cool. It happens every now and then where something doesn't copy and paste just right.
I am manually adding some creatures and have noticed I am getting a double bonus to HP. For example, this is what I enter: and this is what happens when I leave edit mode: Notice the "+ 10 + 10" where it should only be "+ 10"? This is happening to each one, not randomly. BTW I don't have any scripts (even the 5e Shaped Script) in this game, as I am only using it to store character/NPC sheets for other games.
Looks like the CON mod added for HP
Don't enter the +10 manually in that field after the "10d8". The sheet will add the CON bonus automatically.
Rabulias and BP thanks! The other fields hint at that happening, but that one doesn't which is why I thought it needed to be added.&nbsp;
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
18.1.10 Bug fixes Fix attachers for NPC actions and reactions. Closes #726: NPC attachers do not trigger for Actions
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
@William C, I was gone for the weekend so sorry for the late reply. Unforunately I cannot provide support for modifications to the sheet. You're on your own there. Make sure you're pulling from my github for both the sheet and script.
Kryx said: 18.1.10 Bug fixes Fix attachers for NPC actions and reactions. Closes #726: NPC attachers do not trigger for Actions Kryx, I installed 18.1.10 and now before every monster attack it says: No attribute was found for @{Cannibal Native|attacher_action}
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Reload your campaign. I had the same problem and then it disappeared halfway through filing a bug report. :) Oddly enough, even the error messages disappeared from chat . It's insane.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Error messages do disappear on a refresh I believe. If there is an issue please open an issue on the issue tracker.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Kryx said: Error messages do disappear on a refresh I believe. Roll20 bolsters my fragile ego by sweeping my failures under the rug? Like... a mom. :o
keithcurtis said: Reload your campaign. I had the same problem and then it disappeared halfway through filing a bug report. :) Oddly enough, even the error messages disappeared from chat . It's insane. Thanks Keith, Restarting the campaign fixed the problem.
Is there a way for the "Spells" macro to show only the currently prepared spells?&nbsp;
Calliban said: Is there a way for the "Spells" macro to show only the currently prepared spells?&nbsp; If you are using the shaped-script, I would suggest only having prepared spells on your sheet. It speeds it up not having extra spells. Later levels you can quickly approach the max your should have with only prepared spells, then having not prepared on the sheet just slows the whole thing down.
Jerry F. said: If you are using the shaped-script, I would suggest only having prepared spells on your sheet. It speeds it up not having extra spells. Later levels you can quickly approach the max your should have with only prepared spells, then having not prepared on the sheet just slows the whole thing down. Yeah, I get the "Over the limit" announcement a lot, we are level 17th now, three full and two partial spellcasters on the party. I do use the shaped script, but I still haven't found a way to allow my players to handle spellbooks, i.e. adding and removing spells and remembering which spells they actually know. Is there a Grimoire api script somewhere?