Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[LFP][M&M3e] RWBY: Silent Ascension [Sun. 5 PM PST, periodic play]

Edited 1529091393
Baron Von Cross
Sheet Author
Hello, I'm looking to start a RWBY RP on Discord soon & I'm looking for a few more players to join in & play. This game is a bit more unorthodox to the standard session-every-week type of play. This is a TEXT based-game Players new to the system are welcome Discord is required There will be guidelines in place for character creation in lieu of the M&M3e default. You will be attending Beacon Academy, there won't be any interaction with the main students of the series since I will be running my own story.  I'm setting a schedule for this game to finish within 3 months of start. This game will ultimately be based on inter-character roleplaying on discord to fill up most of the time at school, I aim to have 16 characters for the game for a full set of 4 teams that you will spend most of your time roleplaying with. Depending on what the characters' situation is, they may be assigned 'Team missions' that will utilize the allotted time slot on sundays for that team to enter on their mission which will be where most if not all combat takes place. Combat will be done over Roll20.  If you have any questions go ahead & ask. If you are interested, please post the following info below. Thanks for reading :) Age: Little about yourself: Type of Player you consider yourself: Type of character preferences: RP Experience: Questions for GM:
Age: 19 Little about myself: I am currently in film school with a emphasis in screenwriting and directing. I love RWBY and it is one of my biggest inspirations in my ideas and pushing myself forward. Type of Player I consider myself: I consider myself usually a wallflower kind of player. I like to let everyone go first in conversation unless me or my character has something important to add. I like to focus on the story mostly and making connections with characters. Combat is fun, but going into combat without any character connections is boring. If one of my party members get hit, there would be no character tension if me or my player didn't feel attached to them. Type of Character Preferences: I usually like to play either a quiet and sort of keeps to himself character, or someone who may not totally be on the side of the heroes. I've had characters that start out as secret agents to the enemy, only the gm and me knowing this, and then come around to the heroes side through the story. Usually my characters have some kind of traumatic backstory or important detail that might come back to haunt him. RP Experience: I've been playing games on Roll20 for about 5 years now. I've got a lot of experience with systems, though sadly not really this one, but am easily able to adapt to any new system.
Age: Late Twenties Little about yourself: I consider myself fairly a fairly friendly individual who's easy to get along with.  I tend to split my free time between rp, gaming, reading and watching shows.  Pretty big fan of RWBY as well as a variety of cartoons, comics, and anime.  I work weekdays and have some other occasional obligations but generally make an effort to check in on things daily and try to schedule around rp sessions. Type of Player you consider yourself: Semi experienced role player.  I don't mind helping others who are less experienced with system understanding when I asked but otherwise try not to bog things down with rules lawyering.  I generally play a decent mix of character types and do my best to keep them in character however I have developed a few habits over time.  Unless I have good in character reasons not to I will normally step back if it seems like too many people are trying to act at one and get in each others way, and if if it seems like things are starting to stall I'll usually step up and try and get them moving forward.   Type of character preferences: I tend to play characters with strong passions as a core part of their personalities.  Academic with amusingly poor social skills and an obsession with learning, mage that really likes fire and has poor self control, warrior focused on learning ever aspect of swordplay but not much for 'book learning', etc.  I tend to shy away from characters that I would find myself disliking to play with like over stupid, purposefully rude, or annoyingly treacherous.      RP Experience: I've been playing roleplaying games for about 13 years.  After years of playing irl with mostly the same core group I decided to give gaming online a try a few years back. I quickly realized that while I much enjoy playing in person I can get in character more and play a wider variety of characters when playing text only.   I've played a few different systems, mostly dnd and pathfinder, however m&m is one of my favorites and while it's been a while since I've played it I still consider it one of the games I know best.  
Age : 25 A little about myself:  I'm a quiet person who doesn't usually have a lot to say unless spoken to, I like RWBY, anime, webcomics, and gaming (though I do a bit less of gaming these days). I'm currently getting into creative endeavors having made a few audio stories out of old short stories I wrote and am currently working on a visual novel (albeit a little slowly) Type of player I consider myself: Former powergamer who has recently discovered and fallen in love with more roleplay oriented games. I'm usually not the one to lead the party decisions doing my best to respect what the other players and characters want, and I enjoy establishing bonds between the characters we're playing, getting to know more about the characters others and myself are playing going deeper into their feelings and lives and outlooks and pasts Type of character preferences: Over my gaming history I haven't really favoured any particular character type, in one game to another I often find myself playing characters that are very different from one another so as for roleplay and personality I can be a real wild card. Mechanically I usually favour something fairly versatile with small convenient tricks, minor healing abilities (think the guy with just enough healing to get the real healer back up and healing himself) and the ability to throw some powerups around but who still doesn't crumple like paper in a fight. When the game has mechanics for it I usually play a character with the social skills. My characters tend to favour the general "good" end of the alignment spectrum RP experience: I started out playing a few face to face D&D 3.5 games with a group who were the kind of people that I just didn't really belong with, after that I took to forum based games which after playing (and leading one) for a year found just didn't really work for me they were just too slow. I tried playing on some sorta roleplayish servers of neverwinter nights but that didn't really work out either. At some point I also tried star wars RPG with my brother but that didn't really last long after he had to move. I started up my own face to face group as DM of a D&D 3.5 game which soon turned into pathfinder which blinked in and out of existence as the schedules of everyone changed over time. After a while I got really worn out over the fact that there just didn't seem to be any games around me unless I was the GM and how much work that was. I can't even remember how I ended up on Roll20 but it's been a real blessing to me, I finally got to try out some Pathfinder characters I'd always wanted to play and after the games I was in reached their end or dwindled off I signed up for a Danganronpa game where I discovered how fun it could be to really get into the roleplaying Here and there I've GM'ed some other game systems like OVA and golden sky stories, I haven't played in a game based on RWBY before but I enjoy the show and would be keen to give it a try Questions for GM: How long will a session run for?
Age: 20. Little about yourself: Lurker by name, lurker by nature, sailor by trade. Interests include reading, gaming, and anything that includes a good story.  Type of Player you consider yourself: Roleplaying powergamer. I don't exactly look through the source material trying to find an "unstoppable build", but I do tend to hyperspecialize my characters in a single direction. Then I give a backstory and character traits to explain such an awkwardly minmaxed character. I love seeing them show off within their skillset almost as much as I love seeing them struggle outside it. Type of character preferences: I go for utility in all things. I am the mage with a full illusion set, the tank who can suffer all of the damage while healing any bruises the rest of the party takes, the guy with every knowledge skill in the book. Essentially, I love to support. RP Experience: 7 years on several systems, from the Apocalypse engine to Warhammer 40k (although I have yet to find an RPG that starts with 'Z').
Age: 18 Little about yourself: I'm a very active person when it comes to games, I try myself to be apart of the community and work on connections with people. I like playing games, making character sheets and weirdly enough playing mostly female characters. I also have a passion of becoming a chef but thats a long ways away. Type of Player: 'If It's Fun it's Fine.' I don't care if my character is an all mighty god when it comes to stats and powers or a guy who can warm toast pretty good. If it's fun then I'll play it because I look for fun and the power to create in my games. I enjoy making characters with other people and having full power of control over my character creation. I consider myself a fun person to be with and hope that the other people here can say the same if I make it into the group.  RP Experience: 6 Years of experience, all happened when I signed up to be a voice actor for a youtube series that never saw the light and started role playing with the people in the group.
Thanks  everyone for the interest, I've found the players I need so I'm closing this recruitment.