Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[5e Shaped]

Hum, just found about a spellbook manager  here . Will try to figure out if I can automate it somehow.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Calliban said: Hum, just found about a spellbook manager  here . Will try to figure out if I can automate it somehow. I was just about to post that link. Let me know if anyone has questions.
Calliban said: Jerry F. said: If you are using the shaped-script, I would suggest only having prepared spells on your sheet. It speeds it up not having extra spells. Later levels you can quickly approach the max your should have with only prepared spells, then having not prepared on the sheet just slows the whole thing down. Yeah, I get the "Over the limit" announcement a lot, we are level 17th now, three full and two partial spellcasters on the party. I do use the shaped script, but I still haven't found a way to allow my players to handle spellbooks, i.e. adding and removing spells and remembering which spells they actually know. Is there a Grimoire api script somewhere? If it were me I would put into the editable section of the character handout, not the character sheet itself but the handout, their spells known. This way it is separate from their character sheet proper. Then since the companion script listing of spells by class/level has been corrected I would use !shaped-spells. This way the player could add/remove spells from their character sheet so that only those spells available to cast would be on their character sheet.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
That's kind of what the macro linked above does. It allows you to easily create a subset of spells that you can load singly or in groups. It's most useful for Wizards of course, who choose their spells from a smaller set than "all spells". But it also works well for people who like to have standard groups of spells to prepare, or NPCs who don't need to have all of their spells expanded all the time. Basically, instead of keeping all those spells on the sheet, you just store a list of spell names , that can can expand into full spells at the push of a button, or be completely removed at the push of another.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
18.1.11 Bug fixes #728: Error message when using NPC actions
My players can't see the messages frames the same way I see it.. What I see What my players see What can I do to solve this?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It is likely they have a browser extension blocking images. Have them try another browser where they don't have extensions. Assuming that works they need to turn off some extensions. The images are just coming from imgur and one other source that doesn't compress images.
Is there a way to set attack rolls to be rolled to gm and the damage to be rolled public? I have a campaign being run where many things are being rolled in private so that metagaming is at a minimum (ex, privately rolled attack roll that misses, a war cleric would not know if it was a nat 1 hit or not to use their class feature for +10 to hit). Are there any options for doing that?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You can choose to have the damage not show until manually clicked (to confirm the hit), but otherwise what you seek isn't an option built in to the sheet. Roll20's system actually doesn't support what you're after: GM only messages. The whole way to approach that is to whisper it and the person who used it would still see the whisper.
Hey Kryx, I love your sheet and have just recently discovered proficiency dice. One of my players has an issue and I was wondering if there was a way to edit the formula of  proficiency bonus. I didn't see any attributes for it and figured it must be a hidden formula? Is there a way to manually add it to an attribute and just update it each tier as the proficiency dice increase? Any help is appreciated! ~Caffy

Edited 1529448374
Is there a way to manually add it to an attribute and just update it each tier as the proficiency dice increase? Unless it's changed, the only way to manually change PB is through attributes & abilities tab <a href="https://screencast.com/t/Z6tGUOTR" rel="nofollow">https://screencast.com/t/Z6tGUOTR</a>

Edited 1529454955
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I have broken things with that method. :(
TheWebCoder said: Is there a way to manually add it to an attribute and just update it each tier as the proficiency dice increase? Unless it's changed, the only way to manually change PB is through attributes & abilities tab <a href="https://screencast.com/t/Z6tGUOTR" rel="nofollow">https://screencast.com/t/Z6tGUOTR</a> I tried that and the sandbox crashed faster than ....... well really fast.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
What is the issue that your player is encountering? Can you please reproduce it on a clean character sheet and open an issue on the tracker so I can address it?
I tried changing the proficiency dice to 1d4r1.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ah, houserules of that regard may work, but you're on your own. I can't dedicate time to support them, sorry!
No worries :) Thanks!
Any thoughts about the Charactermancer? Do you think support for it will be possible in the future?
Is there a macro or anything I can use to turn off the Rage Bonus modifier when my barbarian ends his rage? I can access the name and a couple other items using @{NAME|repeating_modifier_$0_name} but I can't find documentation on that toggle.
Ben L. said: Is there a macro or anything I can use to turn off the Rage Bonus modifier when my barbarian ends his rage? I can access the name and a couple other items using @{NAME|repeating_modifier_$0_name} but I can't find documentation on that toggle. <a href="https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/wiki/Creating%20and%20Linking%20Character%20Abilities#markdown-header-barbarian" rel="nofollow">https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/wiki/Creating%20and%20Linking%20Character%20Abilities#markdown-header-barbarian</a> - because it is a modifier all you have to do is turn it on when the barbarian enters rage and turn it off when the rage ends.
James said: Any thoughts about the Charactermancer? Do you think support for it will be possible in the future? Kryx said: I haven't been able to look into the Charactermancer yet. At first glance the technical implementation seems strange and time consuming. If there is a demo video or something that may help me understand the usage. Lucian and I briefly discussed adding a standard import structure for things like OrcPub built into the sheet. I'd be more inclined to do something like that.
Shadowspawn said: Ben L. said: Is there a macro or anything I can use to turn off the Rage Bonus modifier when my barbarian ends his rage? I can access the name and a couple other items using @{NAME|repeating_modifier_$0_name} but I can't find documentation on that toggle. <a href="https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/wiki/Creating%20and%20Linking%20Character%20Abilities#markdown-header-barbarian" rel="nofollow">https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/wiki/Creating%20and%20Linking%20Character%20Abilities#markdown-header-barbarian</a> - because it is a modifier all you have to do is turn it on when the barbarian enters rage and turn it off when the rage ends. What I want is to make a macro that toggles it off and on to avoid having to open the character sheet for it.

Edited 1529644884
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Ask and ye shall receive. Here is what I wrote for my player. It even puts up a little status marker to remind him it's on. This requires token-mod and ChatSetAttr to function; Rage On !setattr --sel --repeating_modifier_-Kxv0jsJJbqVj2TOmOUx_active|1 !token-mod --set statusmarkers|strong You will need to get the ID of the modifier check box, and instructions are in the&nbsp; documentation . Since there's no built-in macro for modifiers, you'll need to use the Inspector method. PM me if you need more help. Rage Off !setattr --sel --repeating_modifier_-Kxv0jsJJbqVj2TOmOUx_active|0 !token-mod --set statusmarkers|-strong
Shadowspawn said: James said: Any thoughts about the Charactermancer? Do you think support for it will be possible in the future? Kryx said: I haven't been able to look into the Charactermancer yet. At first glance the technical implementation seems strange and time consuming. If there is a demo video or something that may help me understand the usage. Lucian and I briefly discussed adding a standard import structure for things like OrcPub built into the sheet. I'd be more inclined to do something like that. Ah my bad, on my phone so it's hard to see all the previous comments. Thanks for the quote~
keithcurtis said: Ask and ye shall receive. Here is what I wrote for my player. It even puts up a little status marker to remind him it's on. This requires token-mod and ChatSetAttr to function; Rage On !setattr --sel --repeating_modifier_-Kxv0jsJJbqVj2TOmOUx_active|1 !token-mod --set statusmarkers|strong You will need to get the ID of the modifier check box, and instructions are in the&nbsp; documentation . Since there's no built-in macro for modifiers, you'll need to use the Inspector method. PM me if you need more help. Rage Off !setattr --sel --repeating_modifier_-Kxv0jsJJbqVj2TOmOUx_active|0 !token-mod --set statusmarkers|-strong Thanks man! Does that decrement the rage count too? It doesn't appear to. However, I think I can figure that part out since I have the rest. :)
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Yeah, that doesn't decrement the rage, but yes, it could certainly be done. Have fun!
You can just add the repeating action for rage directly to that macro and it will use it. %{-KuuSFJGLE-jKunxlwzo|repeating_classfeature_-kuusrsouzgvdfz1igge_action} Click class features then click on the rage and hit up with your curser in the chat box and your will get the above. Or you can do it from Statblock too.
So, for others who may be looking for it, here is the final StartRage macro I settled on: %{selected|repeating_classfeature_$0_action} !setattr --sel --silent --repeating_modifier_$0_active|1 !token-mod --set statusmarkers|strong I initially wanted to decrement the rage count myself but decided in the end to let the sheet do the work since it has the "use police" built in anyway. You have to modify it if Rage or the Rage Damage modifier are not the first items in those sections, but using the number system is faster to implement than looking for the ID. For completeness (is that a word?) here is the EndRage macro: !setattr --sel --silent --repeating_modifier_$0_active|0 !token-mod --set statusmarkers|-strong Thanks keithcurtis for the help! :)

Edited 1529710993
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
For anyone who might be interested, the difference between the way we reference the modifier is the difference between a relative reference and a full ID. The relative reference is the easiest to find. Basically, Ben's macro looks at the first item in the modifiers section. If you never plan to re-order your modifiers, that will work fine. My method references the permanent ID of the modifier. It doesn't care where it sits in the list, first or last. It's a little bit more "future-proof" against tinkering. Neither approach is wrong, but that's why the difference in the code. That bit of code can be re-purposed for any modifier, by the way. My same barbarian player uses a similar macro to turn on and off his Great Weapon Master strikes. The same can easily be done for Sharpshooter. Adding the status marker is a great way to tell at a glance if the mod is active.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
FYI: There have been several bugs reported over the last week. Things have been crazy lately and I won't have time to check the bugs before a short vacation starting soon. I'll do my best to look at them in the middle of July when I'm back from vacation. Thanks for opening them and thanks for your patience.
Hey Kryx, I know you are busy, but when you get time can you tell me if you expect the PHB will work with this sheet? I'm not paying $50 for books I already have, but that $20 sounds juicy. I won't buy it if it isn't compatible though.

Edited 1530093811
I just bought PHB. Sadly cannot drag and drop most of new compendium stuff. Charactermancer is also not available. Please let us know if we should report new issues related to PHB.
Miodziek said: I just bought PHB. Sadly cannot drag and drop most of new compendium stuff. Charactermancer is also not available. Please let us know if we should report new issues related to PHB. Dvergr76 said: Hey Kryx, I know you are busy, but when you get time can you tell me if you expect the PHB will work with this sheet? I'm not paying $50 for books I already have, but that $20 sounds juicy. I won't buy it if it isn't compatible though. As Kryx said a few posts above, he will be (or already is) on vacation until mid July and therefore there will mostly likely be no changes to the sheet before then. But, reporting issues with the Charactermancer and/or PHB in the Issues Tracker &nbsp;will help Kryx to know what needs work once he is back. I imagine that although Charactermancer support may take some time, Kryx will probably aim to work towards support for the PHB first, as he has done previously with other compendium updates.
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Is anyone else seeing issues with Compendium drop since the most recent Roll20 update? It seems like dragging a monster direct from the compendium to the canvas no longer works properly (nothing populates). Creating a character manually and then dropping a monster from the compendium onto the sheet still works fine. I've seen this in both 18.1.9 and 18.1.11 on two different games. Hesitant to report it as a sheet bug because it seems like nothing has changed there since it worked - looks more likely to be Roll20 breaking something with the latest changes...&nbsp; but wanted to see if anyone else had noticed this as well...
Lucian said: Is anyone else seeing issues with Compendium drop since the most recent Roll20 update? It seems like dragging a monster direct from the compendium to the canvas no longer works properly (nothing populates). Creating a character manually and then dropping a monster from the compendium onto the sheet still works fine. I've seen this in both 18.1.9 and 18.1.11 on two different games. Hesitant to report it as a sheet bug because it seems like nothing has changed there since it worked - looks more likely to be Roll20 breaking something with the latest changes...&nbsp; but wanted to see if anyone else had noticed this as well... Knowing roll20, they may have changed the compendium format on the code side to accommodate for the PHB, without warning Kryx beforehand ...
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
techiecarer said: Knowing roll20... Just a friendly reminder that speaking on behalf of/predicting the actions of the Dev team is verboten as per the CoC Lets keep all opinions our own ;) Thanks
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
So, yeah, it looks like something pretty fundamental either changed without any warning, or there's a serious bug: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6527455/major-compendium-drop-broken-by-latest-update/?pageforid=6527455#post-6527455" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6527455/major-compendium-drop-broken-by-latest-update/?pageforid=6527455#post-6527455</a> Given Ziechael's post above I will refrain from commenting further.

Edited 1530101928
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
To set expectations: I haven't played D&amp;D 5e for ~6 months now. I've been incredibly busy with life stuff and play other games when I do have time for gaming (both board and video). This is unlikely to change in the near future. I am committed to continue to maintain the Shaped sheet, as it is, but new feature development is likely beyond the effort that I'm willing to put in. If things can be hooked up with minimal effort then I'll pick them up, but I can't commit to large features. This process becomes complicated by the technical implementation/limitations/constantly changing API of Roll20's systems. If some other developer wants to take up the effort of the sheet then I'm happy to add them as a contributor and merge PRs/do releases with the possibility of fully handing it off, but a developer able to pick it up is maybe unlikely. If you want immediate PHB support then OGL is likely the sheet for you. I'll take a look in mid July, but depending on the size of the effort it may not be implemented on Shaped.
I understand Kryx. Given that I probably won't buy it then. I just don't like the OGL sheet. I tried it several times. This is just one man's opinion though.
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Hey all, quick update on the issue I posted earlier. It would appear that this only affects people on high latency connections. If you live out in the middle of nowhere like me then you may find that compendium drag is now broken. I think it's going to need Roll20 to fix it, but I would be interested in hearing from anyone who has the problem to try and pin down exactly what circumstances trigger it.
It is broken for me as well and I live in the city with pretty good internet. When I drag monsters over nothing is converting.
Ambitosis
Marketplace Creator
Same here. Lucian's solution of dragging a compendium creature into an existing sheet works fine. :)
I can confirm that is also working for me. I created a new sheet and everything converted just fine.
Can someone please explain how to properly set up spells in the sheet for proper tracking? Maybe I'm being silly but I can't seem to set them up for proper tracking with the companion script. I've looked on the wiki and in the documentation but can't find an explanation for these fields?&nbsp; Love the sheet, been using it for 18 mo. but recently started using the companion script.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Nyn, Have you turned on spell resource tracking in the spells section of your character's settings page?

Edited 1530382959
Nyn
Pro
keithcurtis said: Hi Nyn, Have you turned on spell resource tracking in the spells section of your character's settings page? So, I turned this on and it seems to be working as intended, what I really wanted to know is how do I set up the individual spell uses fields for correct tracking. It seems that no matter what I try it isn't working properly. Now, with nothing checked it pulls up the slots police and doesn't refresh on using the long rest macro button.
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Hi Guys, This may be old news to people here, but if you use the "hide" functionality of the sheet using the Stylish browser extension (as recommended by the Wiki) - and if you use Stylish in general - you may want to reconsider your choice if you care about privacy. <a href="https://robertheaton.com/2018/07/02/stylish-browser-extension-steals-your-internet-history/" rel="nofollow">https://robertheaton.com/2018/07/02/stylish-browser-extension-steals-your-internet-history/</a> There's an alternative called "Stylus" that does the same thing without the spyware. Kryx, since Mozilla (and probably Google soon enough) are now blocking Stylish for this reason, perhaps it would be better to update the wiki to recommend Stylus instead?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I saw that news as well. Agreed that stylish should be abandoned. Is stylus safe? If so, can you update the wiki? You have access.
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Kryx said: I saw that news as well. Agreed that stylish should be abandoned. Is stylus safe? If so, can you update the wiki? You have access. As far as I am aware, Stylus is safe. It's a fork of Stylish that was created specifically to provide an alternative that respected users' privacy. I will update the wiki this afternoon.