Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[LFP] Fallout: Quincy, M.A. - Tuesday, July 3 or 10 at 7 PM EDT / 23:59 PM UTC

Edited 1530538126
Lex
Pro
Start Date: Tuesday, July 3, 2018 Time: 4 PM PDT / 6 PM CDT / 7 PM EDT / 23:59 UTC July 3 I am a GM looking to start a group for a post-apocalyptic survival campaign set in the Fallout universe. The system used will be based on Into the Odd with a Fallout theme. I expect the players will have never played Into the Odd before, which is fine because the system is extremely simple. For this reason it is good for beginners and players new to RPGs are welcome. There's one main roll in the game: a save. You roll a d20 and try to get equal or below your stat. Combat is just as simple: you roll your damage die, subtract their armor, and do that much damage. The full rules to Into the Odd are free on the author's website: <a href="http://goo.gl/pg6F6O" rel="nofollow">http://goo.gl/pg6F6O</a> I have played and GMed hundreds of hours of tabletop RPGs, and hosted many one shots on Roll20 as well as successful months-long campaigns. This game will require payment to the Game Master at a rate of $5 via PayPal for each session. Roll20 is not responsible for any payment transactions and cannot enforce any private arrangements. Campaign Background After many days of travel, a band of survivors in need of water, food, and rest spots a settlement up ahead. Located in the Houghs Neck part of Quincy and surrounded by a palisade of wood and scrap metal, could this be just the haven they are searching for? The campaign will take place in 2280, over 100 years after the Great War, and 7 years prior to the events of Fallout 4. Campaign Features The adventure is a healthy mix of combat, exploration, and role-playing. I expect the session should take about 4 hours. It will focus around exploring the new town, interacting with the locals, and getting paid to do some work for them. For the future I see the campaign heading toward a hex crawl based around player goals. Character Creation We'll be starting at Novice (1st) level. Characters will be created based on the standard Into the Odd rules: 3d6 for each stat with randomized starting equipment. Application (4-6 seats total) Please post applications and questions here. 18+ only. Voice with Discord is mandatory. Please use push-to-talk. 1) Describe yourself and a bit about your roleplaying experience 2) What do you enjoy most about tabletop RPGs? 3) Have you played Fallout before? What draws you to a post-apocalyptic RPG? 4) How did you find my LFG? 5) What made you pick my LFG post? 6) Do you accept the payment requirements for the session? Why paid GMing? 1. Defray the content costs. I'm hoping to use the money to buy a year sub to Roll20 and more RPG materials. 2. Prevent flakes. Players (and GMs) are far more likely to show up and be on time if there's payment involved. 3. It takes a lot of extra time to GM. I spend about 2 hours per game-hour prepping. Reading the adventure, taking notes, cross-referencing rules, finding and making tokens, finding and making maps, setting them up in Roll20, adding NPCs to Roll20, going over character sheets, and organizing the session all takes a lot of time outside the game. It's part of the hobby, but as I'm having to put in prep time I'd rather not have to spend so much on the content costs too. LFG Listing

Edited 1529957487
Milk
Plus
1) Well i am from canada and i am a bit of a fantasy guy with every character that i make i try to immerse myself into his mind and try to think like he would do and feel what he feel i am doing roleplay since...about 7 or 8 years now? and i started table top rp since 3 years ago 2) The RP the fact of making our character interact with people and make interresting event happend like two character starting a couple or bond together like a family type and i like the fact that we can't never be too sure of what could happend and the thrill to find out 3) I find it simple but it explain the basic of the game and what do you plan to do during the sessions 4) Well i never did some fallout tabletop in the commonwealth and it would be different from the wasteland and the desert of new vegas 5) I am alright with it it's only 5$ dollard so it's not a big thing for some people some other have there reason to refuse to play in a p2p game so i don't blame them My discord :&nbsp;Milk#9250
1) Describe yourself and a bit about your roleplaying experience: I'm Dan and I've played games you've DM'd for a while now. Remember me? 2) What do you enjoy most about tabletop RPGs? There are almost no limitations to TTRPGs. In fact, nowadays, you don't even need a table.&nbsp; 3) How did you find my LFG? You sent me a link. 4) What made you pick my LFG post? I'm interested to see this system and how the Fallout world works with a group. 5) Do you accept the payment requirements for the session? Certainly.
Thank you both for the applications! There is still space for two or three more players.
We currently have 3 players. Looking for 1-3 more. If a Fallout RPG interests you, let me know!

Edited 1530317095
1) Describe yourself and a bit about your roleplaying experience I am a hardcore D&amp;D player with over 10 years RP gaming experience 2) What do you enjoy most about tabletop RPGs? The interaction, the random crazyness that is contained in it 3) Have you played Fallout before? What draws you to a post-apocalyptic RPG? Fallout 1,2,3,New Vegas, 4 I love the fallout series and want to see what you can do with this game. 4) How did you find my LFG? Through my friend on discord decided to give this a shot and see what happens 5) What made you pick my LFG post? Same as above, and I love the fallout series in general 6) Do you accept the payment requirements for the session? Yes pumaoblivion#3074
Thank you for the application! We currently have 4 players. There are still 1-2 slots open.
1) Describe yourself and a bit about your roleplaying experience - Huge fallout fan, its ThisIsMyAccount from the discord. Tabletop experience is rather limited, just really started getting into it in the last 6 months, only played in one other campaign and it didn't last too long. Not sure how Into The Odd works exactly, but if its similar enough to D&amp;D, it shouldn't be a problem.&nbsp;&nbsp; 2) What do you enjoy most about tabletop RPGs? Unlimited player freedom. We discussed this a bit in the discord, with RPG video games, you can role play to the extent that the developers allow, with tabletop its literally do, say, and act however you think your character would, you don't have to compromise.&nbsp; 3) Have you played Fallout before? What draws you to a post-apocalyptic RPG? I have played probably TOO much fallout, I found FO3 when I was a young teen (13-14), and it was the first time i felt like i could do/be whoever i wanted in a video game, I'm beyond excited at the prospect of taking that to the next level with a tabletop RPG 4) How did you find my LFG? The FO76 discord 5) What made you pick my LFG post? See above responses XD&nbsp; 6) Do you accept the payment requirements for the session? For sure, as long as Venmo is not an issue.&nbsp;