Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

How do I set up a roll template to show or hide information from a sheet?

As the title says, I'm trying to set up the default template to exclude/include rolled information based on the value of a checkbox.  How would I do this? &{template:default}{{name= @{Spell-name}!}}{{character= @{character_name}}}{{level= @{Spell-level}}}{{cost= [[(@{Spell-cost}+(@{magsick}*2))-floor([[@{int}]]/2)]]}}{{sickness= @{Spell-sick}}}{{range= @{Spell-range}}}{{cast= [[1d20cs>@{spellcrit}cf<@{spellfail}+@{spellcast}+@{Spell-ubonus}]]}}{{element= @{Spell-element}}}{{damage= [[@{Spell-damage}]]}}{{healing= [[@{Spell-heal}]]}}{{duration= [[@{Spell-dur}]] Round(s)}}{{details= @{Spell-details}}} The code above shows the template I am using to display information for spells.  What should I do to allow a player to select or deselect a checkbox to exclude or include different information?

Edited 1530389590
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
The default template does not have this capability. This is something that is done via the html/css code of a character sheet's specific roll templates. What system/sheet are you using?
Scott C. said: The default template does not have this capability. This is something that is done via the html/css code of a character sheet's specific roll templates. What system/sheet are you using? It's a custom system.  So I'll have to make my own roll template?  Darn.  Not too hard, though.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Yep
Thanks for the help, though.  Bummer that the default template doesn't allow that.\
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
You might be interested in looking at the roll template model the Shaped Sheet uses. It set up so that the GM can mark certain parts invisible that can be made visible with Stylish, so you can modify as you wish.
keithcurtis said: You might be interested in looking at the roll template model the Shaped Sheet uses. It set up so that the GM can mark certain parts invisible that can be made visible with Stylish, so you can modify as you wish. Yeah that could work.