Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

5th Edition OGL by Roll20 v 2.3

Edited 1530305909
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
We just pushed out an update to the character sheet to fix a few bugs: Global modifiers - styling for global modifiers when shown Option to turn off Charactermancer ( See the Wiki page for details ) Unable to dismiss NPC or Monster confirmation flag We are planning another update hot on the heels of this one to fix other issues, specifically NPCs not having a spell DC. Patch notes for v. 2.2 here .

Edited 1530304983
The Spell Save DC and Spell Attack Bonus for my Arcane Trickster Rogue do not seem to be auto-calculating. I have the Arcane Trickster character option selected, which makes it so the number of slots is correctly calculated. I also selected Intelligence as my casting stat, but the Spell Save DC and Spell Attack Bonus both still say 0. Is there something else I'm forgetting to do? Edit: Also, I do have my Level set to 3. Thanks

Edited 1530307833
@KyleG xTimmyx  said: Kyle G.  said: xTimmyx  said: When using Spelltracker,  some of the spells cast will deduct a spell level slot.  but some of the spell levels will not deduct any slots.   Spells that have a value in the INNATE field and spells that are marked as RITUAL are no tracked using the Companion script. If this is not what you are experiencing, please let me know. (The spell's configuration and any errors in the API would be immensely helpful in this case.) Kyle, yes i do know that much :D haha i just learned that last night and i was SO EXCITED ABOUT THAT :D :D.  however, even when clicking on a normal spell to cast it.. it'll even say "Spell Slot Level NaN" and right underneath that it'll say "All Slots Expended" in red font color. I think this is happening intermittently.  When i open my players Wizards, Rogue arcane trickster, and Cleric characters sheets and cast spells...its fine.  but my friends Ranger, and Fighter (Eldritch Knight), Druid, Characters spell sheet is doing that glitch!  Perfect! Thank you for the pictures. I actually already gave someone else a solution to fix this same problem  here . P.S. I'm curious how your ranger essentially has hail of thorns and lightning arrow as a cantrip (innately casting 20/day WOW!) THANK YOU FOR THE FIX IT WORKED! bit of a nuisance to do but it'll work.   P.S the innate casting thing you'll see is when the caster has a concentration spell up like hail of thorns or lightning arrow or if its the druid the "Moonbeam" or Cleric for the "Spirit Guardians"   i put in a second spell as an innate spell and put it for 20/day (some out of perspective thing) just so that when you click the ongoing damage for the spell, we know which spell is being upkeeped and it wont take away a spell slot.  this way i dont have to make several versions of the spell of higher levels in the attacks and spellcasting section.  When you guys implemented this feature, it saved A LOT of headaches on my end!  so thank you again!  EDIT:  So i went to change out the specific classes that were affected.  it worked. but when i went back into the wizards spell sheet, it too, was not deducting the spell slots.  (i'm currently in the sheet changing up the Spellcard to attack to spellcard and visa versa to make it work) 
Are there plans (or is there already a way via macro) to toggle a Global Damage Modifier to crit or not? Typically you'd want it to crit but in the case of the Ranger's Favored Enemy you don't want the extra damage to double.
Heya! I've noticed a number of spells lost the concentration tag in the compendium and correspondingly lack the concentration tag when drag & dropped into a spell list. Faerie Fire, Entangle, Detect Magic, Detect poison and Disease....all of the ones i've checked so far... Also, the spell list has doubled in size; the spell name displays below the red 'prepared' dot rather than beside it.  I'm not quite sure how to zoom in or out on the char sheet.
Stale A. said: Also, the spell list has doubled in size; the spell name displays below the red 'prepared' dot rather than beside it.  I'm not quite sure how to zoom in or out on the char sheet. I had noted this in the previous thread as well. Zooming your browser to 110% seems to fix it but isn't a great fix when screen real estate is already so tight.
Having some trouble with NPC Spellcaster sheets, no matter how hard I try or what I do, whenever they cast a spell that requires a saving throw it comes out at DC 0. I have tried it with a global save DC modifier and without, It has the spellcasting ability set in both the spell and the overall sheet. Anyone else have this problem.
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Thanks for the report-- we have this as a bug in the backlog and will be addressing it as soon as possible.     Teovanth said: Having some trouble with NPC Spellcaster sheets, no matter how hard I try or what I do, whenever they cast a spell that requires a saving throw it comes out at DC 0. I have tried it with a global save DC modifier and without, It has the spellcasting ability set in both the spell and the overall sheet. Anyone else have this problem.
I'm having an issue when i drag a spell from the  compendium to the char sheet it no longer adds it to the attack box i have to manually add it
Nagi said: I'm having an issue when i drag a spell from the  compendium to the char sheet it no longer adds it to the attack box i have to manually add it I am also having the same issue. Dragging and dropping spells do not seem to work.  
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Jacob said (elsewhere): I'm in the middle of a game so I won't be posting a log at the moment but myself and my players are not able to add things to their sheets (5E OGL) from the compendium (most of the time). The specific thing we tried to add was a simple dagger and the box pops up showing "Accepting drop from compendium" but the dagger is not added. Other weapons don't work either. Sometimes after refreshing the page one of us can add the item but then in a few minutes it's not possible anymore until another browser refresh. We are all using the latest version of Chrome and Windows 10 64-bit. No browser add-ons on my end and anti-virus software was turned off to test this.
Hi Team, I'm following up on these  two  posts   about Ability Check modifiers  which is still not working as expected. The Global Skill Modifier only applies to Skill checks, and there is no way in the sheet (that I can see) to add modifiers for general Ability Checks (scores yes, checks no).
Hey all, great work so far, just another drag and drop issue, the Gladiator Background populates with the Entertainer information.  
Capt Daf said: Hi Team, I'm following up on these  two  posts   about Ability Check modifiers  which is still not working as expected. The Global Skill Modifier only applies to Skill checks, and there is no way in the sheet (that I can see) to add modifiers for general Ability Checks (scores yes, checks no). As you have seen, this is something I am very passionate in getting addressed. I have even looked at the character sheet to see how it could be done. Long story short, I was able to create a new item modifier, "Ability Checks: X" that will update the modifier for all skills  on the character sheet in much the same way that the Global Skill Modifier works. Unfortunately I was unable to see a way to nicely add this modifier to the base stat checks. I have no doubt that it is possible, but it is certainly going to be a very difficult task.
I'm sorry, if this seems like a stupid question, but I for the life of me can't find where the HP modifiers option in settings gets used. Am I missing something?
Overseer said: I'm sorry, if this seems like a stupid question, but I for the life of me can't find where the HP modifiers option in settings gets used. Am I missing something? As far as I can tell, it is in place for a future feature. I can't find anywhere is the code where this value is used either.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
GenKitty said: Jacob said (elsewhere): I'm in the middle of a game so I won't be posting a log at the moment but myself and my players are not able to add things to their sheets (5E OGL) from the compendium (most of the time). The specific thing we tried to add was a simple dagger and the box pops up showing "Accepting drop from compendium" but the dagger is not added. Other weapons don't work either. Sometimes after refreshing the page one of us can add the item but then in a few minutes it's not possible anymore until another browser refresh. We are all using the latest version of Chrome and Windows 10 64-bit. No browser add-ons on my end and anti-virus software was turned off to test this. I'm not able to replicate. If you could provide a browser console log I might be able to assist. As work around try dropping something else like a spell and seeing if that clears up the issue.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Kyle G. said: Overseer said: I'm sorry, if this seems like a stupid question, but I for the life of me can't find where the HP modifiers option in settings gets used. Am I missing something? As far as I can tell, it is in place for a future feature. I can't find anywhere is the code where this value is used either. This is correct. It's paving the way for future functionality.
Teovanth said: Having some trouble with NPC Spellcaster sheets, no matter how hard I try or what I do, whenever they cast a spell that requires a saving throw it comes out at DC 0. I have tried it with a global save DC modifier and without, It has the spellcasting ability set in both the spell and the overall sheet. Anyone else have this problem. still having this.. kinda annoying to not have these done on PAID modules.....i have 5 modules to run per week and this bug is sooooooooo annoying

Edited 1530477912
Kyle G. said: Luke said: I'm having an alignment issue with the new sheet, in which the 'prepared' button is showing above the spell name, effectively doubling the length of the spell page. This is on Firefox 61.0. Is it possible that you are zoomed in? Try resetting the zoom to 100% Zooming to 110% actually fixes the problem but it still persists at 100%. Still having this issue with the update. Also noticing that entering a subrace in the header overwrites the race so that only the subrace is displayed. This is still an issue as well. xTimmyx said: another thing that would be REALLY Cool to have is whenever you prepare your spells for the day, and those spells are attack spells, they would automatically show up in the Attacks and Spellcasting section on the main page,  but when you unprepare them, they would disappear from that section of the page.  this way you know which ones you can use for the day Any word on whether this will ever be implemented?
cody o. said: Teovanth said: Having some trouble with NPC Spellcaster sheets, no matter how hard I try or what I do, whenever they cast a spell that requires a saving throw it comes out at DC 0. I have tried it with a global save DC modifier and without, It has the spellcasting ability set in both the spell and the overall sheet. Anyone else have this problem. still having this.. kinda annoying to not have these done on PAID modules.....i have 5 modules to run per week and this bug is sooooooooo annoying Also seeing this issue. I have the powercards script running using the spellcaster macros they have implemented under that so I can at least see the proper DC without having to open the character sheet, but that doesn't fix the fact that I shouldn't have to do things that way to see the save DC on a spell.

Edited 1530508995
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Olivia M. said (elsewhere): Title: Add Ability Modifier to Damage or Healing Sorry for yet another bug report! Said option doesn't seem to work anymore. Easy to work around, but just wanted to mention it for the team.
Whoops, just found this thread. Consolidating everything I have to add: - A simple workaround for the spell DC 0 bug is to change the creature's CR. You can immediately change it back, it should still work. - Cantrip progression doesn't seem to work at all anymore, at least for NPCs. - Quite a lot of Compendium spells are not marked as Concentration when they should be (and used to be).
not sure if it is known or just local to me i had a bone naga NPC with sacred flame cantrip DEX save said it was 24 when it should have been 12.  The MM variant i had it setup before the update and all worked. then in game today see above... not sure what i did that fixed it but i think it had to do with selecting and deselecting arcane fighter 
Oh wow Olivia, you are a lifesaver. I fiddled with this for an hour wondering what I'm doing wrong. Olivia M. said: Whoops, just found this thread. Consolidating everything I have to add: - A simple workaround for the spell DC 0 bug is to change the creature's CR. You can immediately change it back, it should still work.
Steve K. said: GenKitty said: Jacob said (elsewhere): I'm in the middle of a game so I won't be posting a log at the moment but myself and my players are not able to add things to their sheets (5E OGL) from the compendium (most of the time). The specific thing we tried to add was a simple dagger and the box pops up showing "Accepting drop from compendium" but the dagger is not added. Other weapons don't work either. Sometimes after refreshing the page one of us can add the item but then in a few minutes it's not possible anymore until another browser refresh. We are all using the latest version of Chrome and Windows 10 64-bit. No browser add-ons on my end and anti-virus software was turned off to test this. I'm not able to replicate. If you could provide a browser console log I might be able to assist. As work around try dropping something else like a spell and seeing if that clears up the issue. Hey Steve, this issue (as all other issues I've had on Roll20) is intermittent and presently everything is working fine. If I come across this again, I'll post a log. Thanks! :-)
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Luke said: Zooming to 110% actually fixes the problem but it still persists at 100%. Still having this issue with the update. On what browser/version/OS?

Edited 1530548465
Reliable Talent (Rogue/Thief lv10 ability) appears to be missing.

Edited 1530549038
Calliban said: Reliable Talent (Rogue/Thief lv10 ability) appears to be missing. I agree that Reliable Talent is something that would be extremely beneficial to have on the character sheet. Or at least a setting that would allow the manual modification of specific rolls on the character sheet. However is it certainly simpler to just remember that you have reliable talent rather than expecting the character sheet to do it for you.
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Olivia M. said: Whoops, just found this thread. Consolidating everything I have to add: - A simple workaround for the spell DC 0 bug is to change the creature's CR. You can immediately change it back, it should still work. - Cantrip progression doesn't seem to work at all anymore, at least for NPCs. - Quite a lot of Compendium spells are not marked as Concentration when they should be (and used to be). Olivia, Can you identify some spells that are not marked as concentration? We're having trouble tracking that down.
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Blackout said (elsewhere): After the character sheet update I can no longer click attacks on my character sheet to generate rolls in chat. It creates an exception in the JS console. Any idea why this is happening?

Edited 1530553575
Stephanie B. said: Olivia M. said: Whoops, just found this thread. Consolidating everything I have to add: - A simple workaround for the spell DC 0 bug is to change the creature's CR. You can immediately change it back, it should still work. - Cantrip progression doesn't seem to work at all anymore, at least for NPCs. - Quite a lot of Compendium spells are not marked as Concentration when they should be (and used to be). Olivia, Can you identify some spells that are not marked as concentration? We're having trouble tracking that down. I can help, I noted this as well and the drag & drop correspondingly lacks the concentration tag. From the roll20 ingame compendium it seems to be (nearly) all of them: Alter Self, Animal Shapes, Animate Objects, Antilife Shell, Antimagic Field, Bane, Banishment, Barkskin, Beacon of Hope, Bestow Curse, Blade Barrier, Bless, Blur....Branding Smite does have the tag!.....Call Lightning, Calm Emotions, Clairvoyance, Cloudkill, Confusion, Conjure Animals, Conjure Celestial, Conjure Elemental, Conjure Fey, Conjure Minor Elementals, Conjure Minor Woodland Beings, Control Water, Control Weather....etc. That was just A-C (don't want to do D-Z but I know others are missing the tag as well) on all concentration spells available in the roll20 compendium...only Branding Smite still had the concentration tag for some reason. Thanks for looking into this one.
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Thank you. We just had a nice long meeting where we found the issue and it should be fixed later today! Stale A. said: Olivia, Can you identify some spells that are not marked as concentration? We're having trouble tracking that down. I can help, I noted this as well and the drag & drop correspondingly lacks the concentration tag. From the roll20 ingame compendium it seems to be (nearly) all of them: Alter Self, Animal Shapes, Animate Objects, Antilife Shell, Antimagic Field, Bane, Banishment, Barkskin, Beacon of Hope, Bestow Curse, Blade Barrier, Bless, Blur....Branding Smite does have the tag!.....Call Lightning, Calm Emotions, Clairvoyance, Cloudkill, Confusion, Conjure Animals, Conjure Celestial, Conjure Elemental, Conjure Fey, Conjure Minor Elementals, Conjure Minor Woodland Beings, Control Water, Control Weather....etc. That was just A-C (don't want to do D-Z but I know others are missing the tag as well) on all concentration spells available in the roll20 compendium...only Branding Smite still had the concentration tag for some reason. Thanks for looking into this one.     
Steve K. said: Luke said: Zooming to 110% actually fixes the problem but it still persists at 100%. Still having this issue with the update. On what browser/version/OS? I'm on Firefox 61.0, 64 bit but noticed it on the previous version as well. I checked it on another computer running the same (both run Windows 10) and it had the same issue.
GenKitty said: Blackout said (elsewhere): After the character sheet update I can no longer click attacks on my character sheet to generate rolls in chat. It creates an exception in the JS console. Any idea why this is happening? Blackout, I had a character having the same problem in one of my games today.  Managed to fix it by enabling and then disabling a global damage modifier.  For whatever reason once we did that, the attacks started working as normal again.
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Sky said (elsewhere) Racial abilities or spells cast from items that are added to the Spells page of the current OGL page do not respect the SPELLCASTING ABILITY dropdown menu in the spell itself. No matter what you select there, it uses your main spellcasting ability at the top of the spells page. So for example, if you are a tiefling cleric that uses Wisdom to cast your spells and Charisma to cast your racial ability, such as Hellish Rebuke, it doesn't matter what you select inside Hellish Rebuke. It's always going to use your Wisdom instead. In addition, if you're playing a non-caster class like Barbarian or Fighter, it always calculates the saving throw as DC0 regardless of what the dropdown is at the top or in the spell. You have to work around this by tagging your character as an arcane fighter or rogue in the character sheet settings.
GenKitty said: Sky said (elsewhere) Racial abilities or spells cast from items that are added to the Spells page of the current OGL page do not respect the SPELLCASTING ABILITY dropdown menu in the spell itself. No matter what you select there, it uses your main spellcasting ability at the top of the spells page. So for example, if you are a tiefling cleric that uses Wisdom to cast your spells and Charisma to cast your racial ability, such as Hellish Rebuke, it doesn't matter what you select inside Hellish Rebuke. It's always going to use your Wisdom instead. In addition, if you're playing a non-caster class like Barbarian or Fighter, it always calculates the saving throw as DC0 regardless of what the dropdown is at the top or in the spell. You have to work around this by tagging your character as an arcane fighter or rogue in the character sheet settings. For these specific spells you can specify the ability in the ATTACKS & SPELLCASTING section on the CORE page. In the provided example you would change Hellish Rebuke from DC: SPELL to DC: CHA.
Joshua H. said: The Spell Save DC and Spell Attack Bonus for my Arcane Trickster Rogue do not seem to be auto-calculating. I have the Arcane Trickster character option selected, which makes it so the number of slots is correctly calculated. I also selected Intelligence as my casting stat, but the Spell Save DC and Spell Attack Bonus both still say 0. Is there something else I'm forgetting to do? Edit: Also, I do have my Level set to 3. Thanks This has also happened to me with my Rogue/Bard character.
Thank you for helping me out, Stale! Anyone else having issues with cantrip progression?
still no fix for spell save dc huh?
cody o. said: still no fix for spell save dc huh? See above. If you change the NPC's CR rating, it should fix the problem. You can change the CR back to normal right after that. As for an official fix, I don't believe there's been one yet.
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
For the DC 0 bug, we are testing a fix today that should go out later this week.
Ya i did the cr rating thing and it didn't work! We need a fix for this asap!
hello i am having trouble reading the 5e ogl sheet and was wondering if it was on my end as the other players seem to be fine with it but it is all jumbled in places
Knight General said: hello i am having trouble reading the 5e ogl sheet and was wondering if it was on my end as the other players seem to be fine with it but it is all jumbled in places Without any screenshots to really know what you are talking about, the best I can say is to make sure that you are at 100% zoom in your browser. Ctrl-0 on Google Chrome will reset this for you.
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Knight General said: hello i am having trouble reading the 5e ogl sheet and was wondering if it was on my end as the other players seem to be fine with it but it is all jumbled in places Make sure you're using Firefox or Chrome as these are the only browsers supported by Roll20.  As Kyle G said make sure your zoom is set to 100%.  If these don't fix your issues, you'll need to provide screenshots.
Olivia M. said: cody o. said: still no fix for spell save dc huh? See above. If you change the NPC's CR rating, it should fix the problem. You can change the CR back to normal right after that. As for an official fix, I don't believe there's been one yet. still dosent work for npcs in the 5e Curse of Strahd module
the text is jumbled and not in the right place for the death save with it being behind the weapons texts
Knight General said: the text is jumbled and not in the right place for the death save with it being behind the weapons texts Make sure that you are using a supported web browser (Roll20 only supports Google Chrome and Firefox) as well as make sure that you are at 100% zoom (Ctrl-0 on Goggle Chrome with set this for you).
Why can we not add more than 2 damage fields to one weapon?
Jeffrey H. said: Why can we not add more than 2 damage fields to one weapon? I'm not really sure of a common scenario when you would need 3 different damage types on a single weapon. However, that is one of the purposes of the Global Damage Modifier fields; to be able to add additional damage types to weapons.