Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Thursday Night CST, 5E Hardcore Rule Set

Edited 1531200923
Ajax
Pro
This 5E Campaign will be played on Thursday Nights at 7:00 PM CST (midwest USA), sessions will run 3 hours. Discord will be the Audio Chat, no Video. Ability Scores will be Rolled. XP for Role Play will be awarded at the same rate as Killing Monsters. Characters Start at Level 0 (but with Level 1 Hit Points) and role play into their class. The Campaign will Use the Following House Rules: Debilities, God Accountability, Magic is Unpredictable, Pay for Training to Level Up, Encumbrance Variant, and Character Flaws Core Book Classes and Races, Human Variants are allowed. Interested Parties should Post Below a Character Idea or two, simply a Character Name, Race, and Class. Reliable Players only, so don't apply if you are not going to show up for the initial Game Session (Thursday Night July 12th, at 7:00 PM). Looking for 4 to 6 Players. This game will focus on Role Playing, DM has 45 years experience and will offer a Game equal to any of the Paid Games being offered here. Posting a character idea will get you a Private Response. New Players will find the Game Easy to Play as Characters are fully Macro'd and we Use the Standard OGL Character Sheet.
Character name : vivi Race: Elf Class: Rogue ( Arcane trickster)   Character Idea:  She used to be good. She used to be the perfect daughter- kind and patient and sweet. Always proper. Then she made a single mistake (albeit a large one) and was thrown out of her family, disowned and penniless.  She's not proud of what she had to do to survive- but she's thankful now for her history. She's stronger and doesn't ever hold back. She'll show them - she'll go back one day and prove that she doesn't need family .  Totally not bitter about it.  Aside from her history - she's actually quite fun. She's creative, bringing her mild magic abilities to the table to amuse and distract while she cuts the lining of a nearby coin-purse. She never stays in one place for long.  About me: 29F, PST, moderately experienced with 5e
Introduce yourself:  Hi my name is David! I am 19 years old and I'm a Computer Science Major at Rochester Institute of Technology. I'm currently doing some summer courses so I have a lot of free time! Discord ID:  DemonicDave#1078 Timezone and location:  EST. Rochester, New York DnD Experience:  Been playing DnD for roughly a year now with around 100 Hours under my belt. Roll 20 Experience:  I'm pretty well rehearsed with Roll20 and have 80 Hours logged on it. What I Want From a Game:  I tend to enjoy a good blend of fighting, role playing, and conversations. I'm looking for a good group of people to mesh with and have fun with. I want to be able to blast people to smithereens and then to talk my way out of the accusations of blasting people to smithereens- and to have a group of teammates to help me get out those crazy shenanigans.  Character Information Character Name:  Wallaby Character Race:  Human (Variant) Class:  Sorcerer (Shadow Magic) Alignment:  Chaotic Good Background:  Urchin A picture of the character :(don't need it right not but you will when the game starts) Character Premise:  Wallaby was born. That was his first misfortune of many. His mother went into labor as their village was being raided. It wasn't long before the raiders found Wallaby's parents and killed them. Second on Wallaby's long list of misfortunes, the raiders happened to be cultists. Finding a purpose for the boy, instead of killing him, the cultists took Wallaby with them.  The cultists, worshipers of some deranged creature of the Shadow Fell, thought a human baby would be the perfect sacrifice to their 'god'. They were wrong- third on the list of misfortunes. With Wallaby at the ready, the cultists began the ceremony. A large portal burst into existence, tentacles pouring out faster than the eyes could follow. With indiscriminate thrashing, the tentacles destroyed anything in their paths. The room shook, cultists being slammed to death, or pulled back into the portal for a much harsher ending.  In the end, all that survived was poor Wallaby. Yet his small brush with the Shadow Fell changed him, even as a baby. He no longer seemed to breathe and he had no detectable pulse. Luckily, a band of traveling thieves happened upon Wallaby and the wreck he was in. They took the boy in out of pity, but when he reached the age of 5, he began to act strangely. He couldn't tell the difference between things that were alive and dead and he started displaying signs of having magic. Throwing the boy out unto the streets, the thieves moved on. It's wasn't their problem in the first place and they weren't gonna let it be their problem anymore. Wallaby was left to fend for himself- stealing what he had to, practicing his magic, and learning the ways of the world. Eventually, he decided enough was enough. Now he wanders the world, in search of a better way of life. (Wallaby would be 16~17 years old when playing) *I have some back up characters as well
Just a Name, Race, and Class. You can save background information for character creation.
Name : Hez Race : Tiefling Class : Warlock
I'ld like to talk to you about your Campaign. I am 50+ yrs old and I am completely open to playing Any Class/Race. As an Idea however: Half Orc Death Cleric named Grask who is CG alignment. I don't like Evil characters.
Character name : Ander or Ulfgar Race:  Human or Dwarf Class:  Fighter (Eldritch Knight or Battle Master) Character Idea:  I think the following could apply for both characters... Recent army graduates that, after two or three years of monotonous tasks, resign to their post in pursue of their family merchant traditions. However, whatever the story/adventure hook you have in mind marks the beginning of their adventurer careers. About me:  30M, PST, moderately experienced with 5E.
Still looking for a player or two...
Character Name: Oskar   Floating-Bottle-Stinging-Wind Character Race: Hill Dwarf Class: Monk Sun Soul Alignment: Neutral  Background: Folk Hero 
This campaign is set to start on Thursday July 19th, at 7:00 PM CDT...
Hi there, Ajax. This game sounds right up my alley- I've got quite a few years of 5e experience under my belt, an open schedule every Thursday night, and would love to be a part of the campaign. Here's a brief character concept: Character Name: Alastair Renald Worthington Race: Human (Variant) Class: Barbarian I'm really interested in the level 0 start for the characters and the house rules. I'll look forward to hearing from you!