Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Macro - Query... same question, different answers....

Hi Hoping for help! On of my players is a warlock, with all sorts of complications and modifiers, one example is Whether the target has been cursed . I'm trying to adjust the players OLG 5e sheet, so that they recieve a few prompts when making an attack roll. This is what I have so far.... In the 'Damage' box it reads: ?{One handed or two handed?|One Handed, 1D8|Two handed, 1D10}+?{Does the target have a Hexblade curse on them?|No,0[NOT CURSED] |Yes,3[CURSED]} This queries whether it's a one or two handed attack, and then ALSO adds an extra +3 damage if the target is cursed. Great! However, Hexblade curse also has another feature.... 19's are also considered crits. I think " Hey I can manage that! " - All I need to do is change the box in the 'crit range' from the standard 20 to 19... If cursed. So I make another query for the 'Crit Range' box ?{Does the target have a Hexblade curse on them?|No,20 |Yes,19 } However, this is where my question lies... I've used the exact wording for the question, so they're only prompted once, not twice. However, the answer of 'YES' or 'NO' will need to be different for the two fields... An answer of Yes to one box (damage) should result in a 3 result in one query -    An answer of  Yes  to the other box (crit range) should result in a 19  result in the other. Is this possible? What I want to avoid, is using the 'Damage 2' box - since that will unfortunately be used for something else... - cheers! 
One query can only have one result, and if you reuse the query, you cannot change the result or its value. However what you can do in this situation is to condense the query into a binary 0 or 1 and then manipulate this result where you need it. Such as: +[[?{Does the target have a Hexblade curse on them?|No,0|Yes,1}*3]][Hexblade's Curse] and for the crit range [[20 - ?{Does the target have a Hexblade curse on them?|No,0|Yes,1}]]
Oh, that's fancy. - Cheers Kyle.