Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[5e Shaped]

Edited 1530757167
Fantastic sheets for my players, so much work has gone into these and it shows! Unfortunately lately however I've started experiencing a lot of issues with the various monster manuals (Monster Manual, Volos Guide to Monsters, Tome of Beasts) Am I the only one having issues with a large portion of foes from the Monster Manual for one not converting anymore when you open up the character sheet portion? The sheets don't convert to NPC and all the fields are blank. Just to name a few in that aren't working anymore: &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Berserker, Guard, Xvart, Boar, the list goes on. &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Then there are oddities such as Adult White Dragon works, while Adult Black Dragon doesn't. All of these work after testing with the default Roll20 OGL D&amp;D 5e sheets. ps. Tried to find a way to report this bug on <a href="https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/issues?status=new&amp;status=open" rel="nofollow">https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/issues?status=new&amp;status=open</a> but couldn't find a way to do so.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
A workaround for the moment is to open the resulting sheet and drag and drop the monster onto the open sheet. It should write in all of the fields.
Styrmir said: Tried to find a way to report this bug on <a href="https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/issues?status=new&amp;status=open" rel="nofollow">https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/issues?status=new&amp;status=open</a> but couldn't find a way to do so. You need to create a login to be able to report a bug. Click the user icon in the bottom left and then follow the instructions.

Edited 1530758378
Thank you both for your replies! @Keithcurtis: That works splendidly. This solution will work fine until a more permanent fix comes around. Thank you for that. @techiecarer: Cheers, I'll do that if I need to report a bug in the future.
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
@Styrmir This problem is caused, I believe, by a bug that Roll20 introduced with the Charactermancer update. It would be great if you could chime in on this thread: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6527455/compendium-drag-broken-for-high-latency-connections" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6527455/compendium-drag-broken-for-high-latency-connections</a> to show Roll20 that this is affecting lots of people. Cheers, Lucian
Does Shaped have an equivalent for OGL's '@{selected|repeating_npcaction_$0_attack_damage}'? I know of '%{selected|repeating_action_$0_attack_damage}' only.&nbsp; '@{selected|repeating_npcaction_$0_attack_damage_formula}' gets very close but it outputs three things, is there anyway to just output {{attack_damage}} from that? Thanks!
I seem to be having an issue where the sheet won't let me cast spells at 2nd-level. When I try to cast 2nd-level spells, the lowest spell slot option I receive is 3rd-level. When I try to cast 1st-level spells, the option for 2nd-level isn't even there; it just skips from 1st- to 3rd-level. I don't know if this is just a problem with my specific Shaped sheet, since I just found the error and haven't had a chance to discuss it with my group. We're using version 18.1.8, if that helps? I know that the sheet is kind of buggy when it comes to spells, but I thought I should report the issue anyway, just in case it's affecting anyone else. Thanks for all the work you do to maintain and improve this sheet, Kryx! It's always been my favorite 5e sheet to use, even when it bugs out. :)
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Gromduraz said: Does Shaped have an equivalent for OGL's '@{selected|repeating_npcaction_$0_attack_damage}'? I know of '%{selected|repeating_action_$0_attack_damage}' only.&nbsp; '@{selected|repeating_npcaction_$0_attack_damage_formula}' gets very close but it outputs three things, is there anyway to just output {{attack_damage}} from that? Thanks! It might help to answer this question if you said what you are actually trying to do.&nbsp;
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Rowena said: I seem to be having an issue where the sheet won't let me cast spells at 2nd-level. When I try to cast 2nd-level spells, the lowest spell slot option I receive is 3rd-level. When I try to cast 1st-level spells, the option for 2nd-level isn't even there; it just skips from 1st- to 3rd-level. I don't know if this is just a problem with my specific Shaped sheet, since I just found the error and haven't had a chance to discuss it with my group. We're using version 18.1.8, if that helps? I know that the sheet is kind of buggy when it comes to spells, but I thought I should report the issue anyway, just in case it's affecting anyone else. Thanks for all the work you do to maintain and improve this sheet, Kryx! It's always been my favorite 5e sheet to use, even when it bugs out. :) Check the filters on your spell section (the little row of buttons that control what you see.) I suspect that level 2 has been clicked off.
keithcurtis said: Gromduraz said: Does Shaped have an equivalent for OGL's '@{selected|repeating_npcaction_$0_attack_damage}'? I know of '%{selected|repeating_action_$0_attack_damage}' only.&nbsp; '@{selected|repeating_npcaction_$0_attack_damage_formula}' gets very close but it outputs three things, is there anyway to just output {{attack_damage}} from that? Thanks! It might help to answer this question if you said what you are actually trying to do.&nbsp; Sure - thanks for taking a look. I'm trying to see if it's possible to convert this OGL macro over to Shaped: !power {{ --format|badguys --name|@{selected|repeating_npcaction_$0_name} Attack --tokenid|@{selected|token_id} --target_list|@{target|token_id} --emote|@{selected|character_name} ^^Attacking^^@{target|character_name} --leftsub|Against @{target|token_name} --rightsub|@{selected|repeating_npcaction_$0_attack_type} --api_token-mod|_ids @{selected|token_id} _ignore-selected _set statusmarkers|stopwatch --audioattr *1|@{selected|token_id} Attack_0_Sound --Attack *1|[[ [$Atk] 1d20 + @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$0_attack_tohit} ]] vs **AC** [[@{target|BAR2}]] --??$Atk.base == 1 OR $Atk.total &lt; @{target|npc_ac} ?? Miss *1|The attack missed. --??$Atk.base == 1 OR $Atk.total &lt; @{target|npc_ac} ?? audioattr*2|@{selected|token_id} Audio_OnMiss_0 --?? $Atk.total &gt;= @{target|npc_ac} AND $Atk.base &lt;&gt; 1 AND $Atk.base &lt;&gt; 20 ?? Hit *1|@{target|token_name} takes [[ @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$0_attack_damage} ]] @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$0_attack_damagetype} damage --?? $Atk.total &gt;= @{target|npc_ac} AND $Atk.base &lt;&gt; 1 AND $Atk.base &lt;&gt; 20 ?? vfxattr *1|@{target|token_id} Effect_OnHurt --?? $Atk.total &gt;= @{target|npc_ac} AND $Atk.base &lt;&gt; 1 AND $Atk.base &lt;&gt; 20 ?? audioattr*3|@{target|token_id} Audio_OnHurt --?? $Atk.total &gt;= @{target|npc_ac} AND $Atk.base &lt;&gt; 1 AND $Atk.base &lt;&gt; 20 ?? audioattr*4|@{selected|token_id} Audio_OnHit_0 --?? $Atk.base == 20 ?? Critical Hit *1:|@{target|token_name} takes [[ @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$0_attack_damage} ]] + [[ @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$0_attack_crit} ]] @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$0_attack_damagetype} damage --?? $Atk.base == 20 ?? vfxattr *2|@{target|token_id} Effect_OnCritical --?? $Atk.base == 20 ?? audioattr *5|@{selected|token_id} Audio_OnCritical --?? $Atk.base == 1 ?? Fumble *1| --?? $Atk.base == 1 ?? audioattr *6|@{selected|token_id} Audio_OnFumble --!Desc|@{selected|repeating_npcaction_$0_description} --vfxattr *3|@{selected|token_id} Effect_OnAttack_0 }} Specifically the line: --?? $Atk.total &gt;= @{target|npc_ac} AND $Atk.base &lt;&gt; 1 AND $Atk.base &lt;&gt; 20 ?? Hit *1|@{target|token_name} takes [[@{selected|repeating_npcaction_$0_attack_damage} ]] @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$0_attack_damagetype} damage
keithcurtis said: Rowena said: I seem to be having an issue where the sheet won't let me cast spells at 2nd-level. When I try to cast 2nd-level spells, the lowest spell slot option I receive is 3rd-level. When I try to cast 1st-level spells, the option for 2nd-level isn't even there; it just skips from 1st- to 3rd-level. I don't know if this is just a problem with my specific Shaped sheet, since I just found the error and haven't had a chance to discuss it with my group. We're using version 18.1.8, if that helps? I know that the sheet is kind of buggy when it comes to spells, but I thought I should report the issue anyway, just in case it's affecting anyone else. Thanks for all the work you do to maintain and improve this sheet, Kryx! It's always been my favorite 5e sheet to use, even when it bugs out. :) Check the filters on your spell section (the little row of buttons that control what you see.) I suspect that level 2 has been clicked off. The problem isn't that my 2nd-level spells have disappeared or anything; it's that I'm not given the option to cast 1st- or 2nd-level spells at 2nd-level. The problem persists whether my filters are turned on or off. :/
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Rowena said: The problem isn't that my 2nd-level spells have disappeared or anything; it's that I'm not given the option to cast 1st- or 2nd-level spells at 2nd-level. The problem persists whether my filters are turned on or off. :/ Have you actually got any 1st or 2nd level slots left? The sheet will not offer you levels for which you have no slots remaining. If you do have slots left then something may have got screwed up somewhere. Try editing the number of 1st and 2nd level slots you have left - even if it means changing them to some other number and then back again - to trigger the sheetworkers to update the list of available slots internally.
Lucian said: Rowena said: The problem isn't that my 2nd-level spells have disappeared or anything; it's that I'm not given the option to cast 1st- or 2nd-level spells at 2nd-level. The problem persists whether my filters are turned on or off. :/ Have you actually got any 1st or 2nd level slots left? The sheet will not offer you levels for which you have no slots remaining. If you do have slots left then something may have got screwed up somewhere. Try editing the number of 1st and 2nd level slots you have left - even if it means changing them to some other number and then back again - to trigger the sheetworkers to update the list of available slots internally. I did have empty spell slots, but apparently the sheet wasn't aware, because this worked! :D Thanks for the help!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Ouch, sorry, Gromduraz. I have zero experience with Powercards and their syntax. From what I can see, I don't think you can pull the full damage expression from the sheet, only construct it by pulling the number of dice, dice type, bonus, etc.

Edited 1530815245
That's what I feared - I'm trying to 'rebuild' the expression via attributes. So I'd be doing something like: [[@{selected|repeating_action_$0_attack_die}{@{selected|repeating_action_$0_attack_dice}+ attribute bonus The issue with that so far, is that to pull the repeating action's damage ability, (strength for melee weapons, for example) the @{selected|repeating_action_$0_attack_damage_ability} returns 'STR' instead of strength. To get the attacker's strength mod, I only know of @{strength_mod}. Do you know of a way, say either a lookup or mapping, to get STR or DEX to return 'strength' or 'dexterity', or better yet the actual stat mod ('STR' returns '2' for a 14 STR score)? EDIT: I also forgot to add that I do see 'damage_bonus' as an attribute, but it always returns zero for me. I'm not sure what that is, and with all the potential issues about newly created monsters not being 'filled out' completely with high latency connections, I'm a bit paranoid.&nbsp;
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I don't know if you are using the docs or not, but here's the link , just in case. Any field you might need should be documented there.
Yeah I've been in the docs as well as the HTML source looking for a solution - unless I can somehow get the ability name from the short name (e.g. 'DEX' to 'dexterity') I don't know if there's a solution without modifying the character sheet source itself. Thanks for verifying I wasn't missing an obvious solution, though!

Edited 1531069141
Is that a character (PC) attack PowerCard?&nbsp; I'm really confused because it looks like the NPC would be attacking and damaging another NPC, not a player. --?? $Atk.total &gt;= @{target|npc_ac} AND $Atk.base &lt;&gt; 1 AND $Atk.base &lt;&gt; 20 ?? Hit *1|@{target|token_name} takes [[@{selected|repeating_npcaction_$0_attack_damage} ]] @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$0_attack_damagetype} damage The above is checking to see if the to hit roll is above or equal to the " npc_ac " and then getting the " repeating_npcaction_$0_attack_damage " to apply damage. As for ability mods, my version of the sheet lists "strength_mod", "dexterity_mod", etc, on the Abilities tab.&nbsp; It is a PC sheet, not NPC though.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
PC sheets have the same attributes as NPC. If you're looking to make special macros please consult the wiki. The wiki is very detailed and contains every attribute. If you are unable to figure it out from the wiki please post in a separate thread than this one.
Kryx - Sorry about that, I had posted a separate thread earlier here &nbsp;before posting in this thread, but I didn't get any replies. I'll keep any further posts about this matter outside of this thread.&nbsp;
Is there any just help documentation for getting started using shaped sheets? I'm completely lost and every post I come across only talks about advanced or very specific uses for it. I'm currently trying to convert a bunch of OGL NPC sheets from my CoS campaign to this and they are failing more often than not and I feel like I'm doing something wrong but have no way of knowing. Is this even the right place to ask for this?
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Ian G. said: Is there any just help documentation for getting started using shaped sheets? I'm completely lost and every post I come across only talks about advanced or very specific uses for it. I'm currently trying to convert a bunch of OGL NPC sheets from my CoS campaign to this and they are failing more often than not and I feel like I'm doing something wrong but have no way of knowing. Is this even the right place to ask for this? Hi Ian, The official sheet documentation is here: <a href="https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/wiki/Home" rel="nofollow">https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/wiki/Home</a> . It must be admitted that there isn't a whole lot of documentation at a basic level, and a lot of the basic questions about usage of features probably got asked/answered on previous threads. If someone is feeling very enthusiastic one day there's probably room for some task-based HOWTO guides + a basic introduction to the way the sheet approaches things... You are in the right place for support. To get help here, however, you'll need to describe what's going wrong in more detail. As with all technical issues, the most effective way to get help is to provide the following information: What are you trying to achieve? What exact steps are you taking to achieve it? What do you expect to happen? What actually happens? Armed with that we should be able to help you sort out your problem.
&nbsp;I am trying to convert NPCs from OGL sheets (used in the Curse of Strahd Compendium) to Shaped sheets &nbsp;I open an NPC or monster's character sheet and it begins converting. Sometimes it finishes and I get a fully functional sheet but often the conversion hangs and the sheet I'm left with is either incomplete or completely blank. &nbsp;I have started a new game and added/converted the same character sheets successfully in that game, so it's inconsistent and I can't easily get it to duplicate.
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Hey Ian, That sounds a lot like a bug to me. My strong suspicion is that it's connected to this: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6527455/compendium-drag-broken-for-high-latency-connections" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6527455/compendium-drag-broken-for-high-latency-connections</a> I will have a play later to see if I can determine if this is connected. Otherwise when I next have some time (perhaps later in the week) I might ask you to invite +GM me in a game where this happens so I can see for myself and try and diagnose. Cheers, Lucian

Edited 1531377143
Lucian said: Hey Ian, That sounds a lot like a bug to me. My strong suspicion is that it's connected to this: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6527455/compendium-drag-broken-for-high-latency-connections" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6527455/compendium-drag-broken-for-high-latency-connections</a> I will have a play later to see if I can determine if this is connected. Otherwise when I next have some time (perhaps later in the week) I might ask you to invite +GM me in a game where this happens so I can see for myself and try and diagnose. Cheers, Lucian In the mean time I did find a work around. If you convert the character sheet in a blank page (have yet to have it break that way) on a new (non borked) game and vault it you can import it to the old game and replace the sheet altogether in the journal.

Edited 1531566942
I'm looking for a way to adjust a character's trait's current charges , and while we're at it, to change a traits maximum charges per day (to update any changes that may have happened elsewhere - the total being related to a characters' total HP) /w gm &amp;{template:5eshaped}{{title=Meter Adjustment}}{{Meter Change=[[?{What Form Are You Currently In?|Human,-|Hybrid,+}?{How many points were changed to your meter?|1|2|3|4})]]}} {{%{Volodar Ichor|repeating_trait_$2_trait|?{What Form Are You Currently In?|Human,-|Hybrid,+}?{How many points were changed to your meter?}}}} {{%{Volodar Ichor|repeating_trait_$2_trait|@{ Volodar Ichor|hp|max }}}} I'm pitching at straws trying to&nbsp; figure &nbsp;out how to make those changes happen, what commands (@, ~, !, %) and syntax ( repeating_trait_$2_trait) &nbsp;&nbsp;to use.
Unsure if this has been answered anywhere else but is there a method for making magic items such as the Staff of Fire or Staff of Thunder and Lightning etc with multiple options that share a resource (x Charges) query how many charges are deducted? If that's not possible I'm wondering how I can create an attribute that multiple traits will reference on the character sheet (Eg, a new option under offense for each possible action but all of them deduct from the same pool).
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
If I am understanding correctly, you want to change the maximum number of charges possible , not just the number of charges expended ? For that you will need a different script than the Shaped Companion, which only decrements when the ability is clicked. Look into ChatSetAttr.
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Thomas W. said: Unsure if this has been answered anywhere else but is there a method for making magic items such as the Staff of Fire or Staff of Thunder and Lightning etc with multiple options that share a resource (x Charges) query how many charges are deducted? If that's not possible I'm wondering how I can create an attribute that multiple traits will reference on the character sheet (Eg, a new option under offense for each possible action but all of them deduct from the same pool). Hey Thomas, This is totally possible, yes. Give your Staff of Fire a number of uses that corresponds to the max number of charges. Then in the "Per Use" box, enter ?{Charges|1}. It will now prompt you for the number of charges expended each time you use it. If you want to get really fancy, you can probably make the roll query into a drop down with the label being the function used and the value being the number of charges that costs. See here: <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Macros#Drop-Down_Prompts_for_Roll_Queries" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Macros#Drop-Down_Prompts_for_Roll_Queries</a> Is that what you're looking for? It's not perfect - I know it would be better to have the staff be able to launch multiple functions properly, but that's a bit more than is realistically possible with the character sheet system as it stands.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
That's really very clever, Lucien. I'd never considered entering a roll query into a field like that.
keithcurtis said: If I am understanding correctly, you want to change the maximum number of charges possible , not just the number of charges expended ? For that you will need a different script than the Shaped Companion, which only decrements when the ability is clicked. Look into ChatSetAttr. Yes. &nbsp;The italicized part is just a regular update based on the users current HP, an afterthought that this modifying macro can also update the character's current HP at the total meter/ total charges available. &nbsp;That way, when the character levels, his meter will increase after the hit and a rest. The original question is the deduction or addition of spent charges. &nbsp;In other words, a d4 is rolled against that meter and that much is deducted or added from/ to the character. &nbsp;But I don't know what lines to enter in to get that adjustment to happen. &nbsp;If I knew the target commands and how to apply a variable amount of change to that command, that would set me on the right path.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
As above, I think that this requires the use of a different Script, specifically ChatSetAttr. The Shaped Script does allow you to modify a few things on the Shaped sheet, but only in the context of very specific use cases (such as decrementing uses and ammo, or applying rests or hit dice). In general, macros cannot alter values on sheets. ChatSetAttr can write to individual character attributes, including (I believe) the ability to write a variable amount using a roll query. You would need to install ChatSetAttr, find the attribute you wish to write to (uses field on a particular repeating attribute, most likely), and write a ChatSetAttr macro to write the value to that field. Instructions on referencing repeating fields can be found here .
Quick bug check: One of my PCs' char sheet suddenly disappeared from the Journal. Shift-double-click on the token instead opens an Adult Silver Dragon NPC sheet. (Thankfully) I can't replicate with other PCs, so I just want to ask the community if they've ever seen this bug before.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Erudo said: Quick bug check: One of my PCs' char sheet suddenly disappeared from the Journal. Shift-double-click on the token instead opens an Adult Silver Dragon NPC sheet. (Thankfully) I can't replicate with other PCs, so I just want to ask the community if they've ever seen this bug before. The sheet is unable to do either of those actions. It doesn't have permission to do either so it's not a sheet bug.

Edited 1531625431
keithcurtis said: As above, I think that this requires the use of a different Script, specifically ChatSetAttr. The Shaped Script does allow you to modify a few things on the Shaped sheet, but only in the context of very specific use cases (such as decrementing uses and ammo, or applying rests or hit dice). In general, macros cannot alter values on sheets. ChatSetAttr can write to individual character attributes, including (I believe) the ability to write a variable amount using a roll query. You would need to install ChatSetAttr, find the attribute you wish to write to (uses field on a particular repeating attribute, most likely), and write a ChatSetAttr macro to write the value to that field. Instructions on referencing repeating fields can be found here . Hmmm ... like I said though, I can't even figure out how to reference the section, or modify it in any way. &nbsp;And I just seem to have trouble with certain aspects of Tokenmod and ChatSetAttr; specifically in the same areas, in order to produce any results. &nbsp;I absolutely know that those API's are very powerful, but I may just be pretty dumb in regards to some of the complexities involved in coding them correctly to get them to work. &nbsp;I have a CoGM that couldn't even use some of the macros I was able to make work with them, even though I gave him everything but access to my account in permissions. &nbsp;But that's a different nightmare. &nbsp;The one I have now is just getting this to work. &nbsp;I thought, by putting it here where my favorite sheet is, I could into the macro command syntax used to manipulate various sections, away from OGL and other sheets that wouldn't know what sections I was referring to. I may need the direct help of someone who is far smarter than I am ... but I wish to learn also. &nbsp;Dependency is never a good thing. I do have both API's installed already tho. &nbsp;Powercards and ChatSetAttr I never found use for/ never was able to produce any results.
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Erudo said: Quick bug check: One of my PCs' char sheet suddenly disappeared from the Journal. Shift-double-click on the token instead opens an Adult Silver Dragon NPC sheet. (Thankfully) I can't replicate with other PCs, so I just want to ask the community if they've ever seen this bug before. That sounds a lot like you've accidentally archived a character. Have you looked in the "archived characters" section at the bottom of the journal to see if it's in there?
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Wolf Thunderspirit said: Hmmm ... like I said though, I can't even figure out how to reference the section, or modify it in any way. &nbsp;And I just seem to have trouble with certain aspects of Tokenmod and ChatSetAttr; specifically in the same areas, in order to produce any results. &nbsp;I absolutely know that those API's are very powerful, but I may just be pretty dumb in regards to some of the complexities involved in coding them correctly to get them to work. &nbsp;I have a CoGM that couldn't even use some of the macros I was able to make work with them, even though I gave him everything but access to my account in permissions. &nbsp;But that's a different nightmare. &nbsp;The one I have now is just getting this to work. &nbsp;I thought, by putting it here where my favorite sheet is, I could into the macro command syntax used to manipulate various sections, away from OGL and other sheets that wouldn't know what sections I was referring to. I may need the direct help of someone who is far smarter than I am ... but I wish to learn also. &nbsp;Dependency is never a good thing. I do have both API's installed already tho. &nbsp;Powercards and ChatSetAttr I never found use for/ never was able to produce any results. I'm happy to help (I made ChatSetAttr, so I should be able to help with syntax :)). It's probably best if you open a separate thread in the API forums with a precise description of what you want to accomplish.
Has there been any progress on being able to import a new creature/NPC from the copying the statblock into the GM's notes and importing them? For some reason it seems to find an error with just about every field as it tries to import.&nbsp;
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
J. Mike said: Has there been any progress on being able to import a new creature/NPC from the copying the statblock into the GM's notes and importing them? For some reason it seems to find an error with just about every field as it tries to import.&nbsp; Do you mean using the script to import a creature from GM notes? It hasn't stopped working as far as I'm aware. If it has stopped working for you please report an issue on the script issue tracker:&nbsp;<a href="https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshapedscript/issues?status=new&amp;status=open" rel="nofollow">https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshapedscript/issues?status=new&amp;status=open</a>

Edited 1531747030
J. Mike said: Has there been any progress on being able to import a new creature/NPC from the copying the statblock into the GM's notes and importing them? For some reason it seems to find an error with just about every field as it tries to import.&nbsp; It's an issue with the new text editor due to the double spacing it adds in for pasted in text. The roll20 Devs are aware of the issue and have said there will be a fix soon as it effects a lot of scripts that use the GM Notes section. Link to the known issues post on that thread:&nbsp;<a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/6526321/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/6526321/</a>
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Lucian and I can probably support it on the API side by allowing for single or double spacing as well.
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Would be great if someone could open a bug on the 5eShapedScript bitbucket (<a href="https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshapedscript/issues?status=new&amp;status=open" rel="nofollow">https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshapedscript/issues?status=new&amp;status=open</a>) and include some statblocks that don't work. I've imported several statblocks recently without problems so I'm not sure what the issue is.

Edited 1531784124
I don't have an account for the bitbucket. However, I can provide some information here and I hope that is helpful. If you need some additional information I'd be happy to supply it as everything I've tried to import from text has failed.&nbsp; First from the API Output Console&nbsp; Previous shutdown complete, starting up... Spinning up new sandbox... "Starting webworker script..." "Loading 1017 translation strings to worker..." "It's A Trap!: Registered TrapTheme - default." "-=&gt; TokenNameNumber v0.5.12 &lt;=-&nbsp; [Tue Jul 25 2017 15:01:48 GMT+0000 (UTC)]" "-=&gt; GroupCheck v1.9 &lt;=-" "CombatTracker Ready! Command: !ct" "-=&gt; TokenMod v0.8.38 &lt;=-&nbsp; [Thu Dec 07 2017 20:49:40 GMT+0000 (UTC)]" "-=&gt; Bump v0.2.12 &lt;=-&nbsp; [Fri Apr 07 2017 01:48:01 GMT+0000 (UTC)]" "StatusInfo Ready! Command: !condition" "Concentration Ready! Command: !concentration" "-=&gt; GroupInitiative v0.9.28 &lt;=-&nbsp; [Thu Jan 11 2018 14:49:14 GMT+0000 (UTC)]" "-=&gt;HealthColors v1.5.1 [Updated: April 6 2017]&lt;=-" "It's A Trap!: Registered TrapTheme - 5E-Generic." "5eShapedScript 1531779142032 WARN : Unrecognised entity type equipment" "5eShapedScript 1531779142946 INFO : -=&gt; ShapedScript v13.4.0 &lt;=-" "☒☠☒ Initialized It's A Trap! using theme '5E-Generic' ☒☠☒" "5eShapedScript 1531779145204 INFO : Detected sheet version as : 18.1.8" "5eShapedScript 1531779145206 INFO : Starting configuration state: {\"version\":5.1,\"config\":{\"genderPronouns\":[{\"matchPattern\":\"^f$|female|girl|woman|feminine\",\"nominative\":\"she\",\"accusative\":\"her\",\"possessive\":\"her\",\"reflexive\":\"herself\"},{\"matchPattern\":\"^m$|male|boy|man|masculine\",\"nominative\":\"he\",\"accusative\":\"him\",\"possessive\":\"his\",\"reflexive\":\"himself\"},{\"matchPattern\":\"^n$|neuter|none|construct|thing|object\",\"nominative\":\"it\",\"accusative\":\"it\",\"possessive\":\"its\",\"reflexive\":\"itself\"}],\"logLevel\":\"INFO\",\"tokenSettings\":{\"number\":true,\"bar1\":{\"attribute\":\"HP\",\"max\":true,\"link\":false,\"showPlayers\":false},\"bar2\":{\"attribute\":\"AC\",\"max\":false,\"link\":false,\"showPlayers\":false},\"bar3\":{\"attribute\":\"speed\",\"max\":false,\"link\":false,\"showPlayers\":false},\"aura1\":{\"radius\":\"\",\"color\":\"#FFFF99\",\"square\":false},\"aura2\":{\"radius\":\"\",\"color\":\"#59e594\",\"square\":false},\"light\":{\"radius\":\"\",\"dimRadius\":\"\",\"otherPlayers\":false,\"hasSight\":true,\"angle\":360,\"losAngle\":360,\"multiplier\":1},\"showName\":true,\"showNameToPlayers\":false,\"showAura1ToPlayers\":true,\"showAura2ToPlayers\":true,\"monsterTokenName\":\"\"},\"newCharSettings\":{\"sheetOutput\":\"***default***\",\"deathSaveOutput\":\"***default***\",\"initiativeOutput\":\"***default***\",\"showNameOnRollTemplate\":\"***default***\",\"rollOptions\":\"1d20\",\"initiativeRoll\":\"***default***\",\"initiativeToTracker\":\"***default***\",\"breakInitiativeTies\":true,\"showTargetAC\":true,\"showTargetName\":true,\"autoAmmo\":true,\"autoRevertAdvantage\":false,\"houserules\":{\"mediumArmorMaxDex\":2,\"saves\":{\"useCustomSaves\":false,\"useAverageOfAbilities\":false,\"fortitude\":{\"fortitudeStrength\":false,\"fortitudeDexterity\":false,\"fortitudeConstitution\":false,\"fortitudeIntelligence\":false,\"fortitudeWisdom\":false,\"fortitudeCharisma\":false},\"reflex\":{\"reflexStrength\":false,\"reflexDexterity\":false,\"reflexConstitution\":false,\"reflexIntelligence\":false,\"reflexWisdom\":false,\"reflexCharisma\":false},\"will\":{\"willStrength\":false,\"willDexterity\":false,\"willConstitution\":false,\"willIntelligence\":false,\"willWisdom\":false,\"willCharisma\":false},\"savingThrowsHalfProf\":false},\"baseDC\":\"***default***\",\"expertiseAsAdvantage\":false,\"inspirationMultiple\":false,\"criticalDamageHouserule\":\"***default***\",\"proficiencyDice\":false,\"psionics\":false,\"customClasses\":false,\"honorToggle\":false,\"sanityToggle\":false,\"hitPointsRecoveredOnALongRest\":\"***default***\",\"hitDiceRecoveredOnALongRest\":\"***default***\",\"diceSystem\":\"***default***\",\"deathSavingThrowChances\":\"***default***\",\"proficientArmorWeighs\":\"***default***\",\"hitDiceRecoveredOnAShortRest\":\"***default***\"},\"tab\":\"***default***\",\"tokenActions\":{\"initiative\":true,\"abilityChecks\":null,\"advantageTracker\":null,\"savingThrows\":null,\"statblock\":true,\"traits\":\"traits\",\"actions\":\"actions\",\"reactions\":\"reactions\",\"legendaryActions\":null,\"lairActions\":null,\"regionalEffects\":null,\"rests\":false,\"spells\":true,\"showRecharges\":true,\"classFeatures\":\"classFeatures\",\"feats\":null,\"racialTraits\":null,\"offense\":null,\"utility\":null},\"textSizes\":{\"spellsTextSize\":\"text\",\"abilityChecksTextSize\":\"text\",\"savingThrowsTextSize\":\"text\"},\"hide\":{\"hideAttack\":\"***default***\",\"hideDamage\":\"***default***\",\"hideAbilityChecks\":\"***default***\",\"hideSavingThrows\":\"***default***\",\"hideSavingThrowDC\":\"***default***\",\"hideSavingThrowFailure\":\"***default***\",\"hideRecharge\":\"***default***\",\"hideFreetext\":\"***default***\",\"hideContent\":\"***default***\"},\"applyToAll\":true,\"hitDiceOutput\":\"***default***\",\"display\":{\"showPassiveSkills\":false,\"showWeight\":\"***default***\",\"showEmote\":false,\"showFreetext\":false,\"showFreeform\":false,\"showDiceModifiers\":false,\"showCritRange\":false,\"extraOnACrit\":false},\"measurementSystems\":{\"distanceSystem\":\"***default***\",\"weightSystem\":\"***default***\"},\"automaticHigherLevelQueries\":\"***default***\",\"automaticallyExpendSpellResources\":true,\"automaticallyRollDamageForAttacks\":\"***default***\",\"automaticallyRollDamageForSavingThrows\":\"***default***\"},\"advTrackerSettings\":{\"showMarkers\":false,\"ignoreNpcs\":false,\"advantageMarker\":\"green\",\"disadvantageMarker\":\"red\",\"output\":\"silent\"},\"sheetEnhancements\":{\"rollHPOnDrop\":true,\"autoHD\":true,\"autoTraits\":true,\"turnRecharges\":false,\"ammoRecovery\":true},\"defaultGenderIndex\":2,\"variants\":{\"rests\":{\"longRestHDRecovery\":0.5,\"longRestHPRecovery\":1}},\"playerId\":\"-LGSuR8SDyogcbm75lhI\"},\"ammoTracking\":{}}" I copied the following Stats from a PDF and pasted it into Notepad after doing a but of reformatting.&nbsp; Monster name size, beast, unaligned Armor Class: 15 (natural armor) Hit Points: 4 (1d6+1) Speed: 40ft, , burrow 10ft, climbing 40ft STR DEX CON INT WIS CHA 13 (+1) 16(+3) 13(+1) 4(-3) 10(+0) 6(-2) Senses: tremorense 50ft, low-light vision, passive Perception 10 Languages: -- Challenge: 1/8 (25xp) Gnashing horde: A Monster Name that attacks a target while another Monster Name is within 5ft of the target, gains advantage on the attack roll. ACTIONS Bite: Melee Weapon Attack: +3 to hit , reach 5ft., one target. Hit: 2 (1d3+1) slashing damage. Then I cut it from there and pasted it into the "GM Notes" as the instructions for importation. This was done on a token that has no other assignment to a sheet.&nbsp; From the !Shaped tool I selected "Import from statblock" option. As you can see above there were several errors as the import failed.&nbsp; When I checked the text of the Token's GM Notes it looked like this.&nbsp;

Edited 1531784461
Sorry about the double post for some reason the post wouldn't let me add the second image.&nbsp; If you need something more specific please let me know. As it is painfully clear I'm not a coder but I'm a fast learner and really want to get this issue resolved.&nbsp; If it is of interest I'm running Windows 8.1 on a Dell Inspiron 15.6-Inch Laptop (Intel Core i3 Processor, 4GB RAM, Using Chrome&nbsp;Version 67.0.3396.99 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Been a long time since I used the statblock&nbsp;import however looking at what you had for the size, type and alignment I think you have an extraneous comma in there the just looking in the PHB for how the Panther looks it reads Medium beast, unaligned The way you have the hatchling set up it reads Small, beast(insectoid), unaligned. Looks like the comma between Small and beast should not be there. Not sure about the rest of the statblock&nbsp;however the extra comma I believe would cause issues.
Hey Shadowspawn ( loved you in Thieves World by the way :) ) I tried your suggestion and still got the same error messages. I removed the comma, between small and beast, then deleted the comma in the entire first line and changed the capitalization ect. I could post the images but I don't think it would add any additional information.&nbsp; By the way the conversion I was using was from a blog from 2015. I'll post the link below should there be any question about that.&nbsp; <a href="http://xhuul.blogspot.com/2015/07/kruthik-5e-monster-conversion.html" rel="nofollow">http://xhuul.blogspot.com/2015/07/kruthik-5e-monster-conversion.html</a> Hope this helps&nbsp; --Mike
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Please do not use this thread to debug issues, especially script issues. It is far too easy for information to become lost. Use the bitbucket trackers. Issues raised here will not be addressed by me.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
18.1.12 Bug fixes #733: Class traits with damage do not check damage option by default #743: Incorrect assumption about OGL HP format breaks some imports #744: TypeError on OGL conversion #745: Consider not using npc_name from OGL to set character name
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Thanks, Kryx.