Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Tokenized Scaling

After just reading this (<a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1244188/the-size-of-the-distance-measurement-should-scale-with-zoom-levels-ruler" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1244188/the-size-of-the-distance-measurement-should-scale-with-zoom-levels-ruler</a>) I was thinking of my issue with tokens and world maps. &nbsp;My characters are starting Curse of Strahd in Daggerford. &nbsp;All Good. &nbsp;Then they get on the Barovia Map. &nbsp;And their Advanced Fog Of War, Light, and Vision all reflect feet, but are now relative to a Quarter Mile! &nbsp;So, somehow my characters can now see - in complete darkness - for 12 hexes, or 3 miles. &nbsp;Ummmmm ... no. I resolved this by making a "Party Token" and grouping them all together (useable by all), adjusting vision and light ranges accordingly, and reducing the size of the token. &nbsp;The token is a drawing, does not snap to grid. But this will make it hard for them to split up (Yeah - I know - they should NEVER split up, but you know PCs ...) and to roll for perceptions, figure marching order, etc. What I wish the game would do is scale vision, light, and token size to the map's current measurement. &nbsp;The standard being feet, 5/ square. &nbsp;But the map should know that any token entering onto a map scaled in miles needs all those figures reduced by the appropriate amount.

Edited 1532439295
... Okay. Dumb question maybe. Did you set the Scale:unit size to the corrected feet?
I didn't change anything from the maps provided. &nbsp;I did add my own - in so far as Daggerford's map only, but they start on the start page which was created via roll 20 and should already be set up.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .