Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Unable to delete a Row from a Repeating Table

Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
I am trying to fix a problem with a character sheet that someone else designed and that person is no longer active. I am very new to HTML and just trying to make some simple fixes. All of the repeating table work fine within the character sheet except for one of the. When I click Modify and click the Delete button, it deletes the information but does not delete the row from the repeating table. I compared the HTML code with other repeating tables and that seems fine (there where two spelling errors but I fixed that). What can prevent the row from actually deleting? What should I be looking for? Any help here would here appreciated.
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
I've no idea which sheet you are working on, so this may be totally off.  The Palladium Megaverse sheet has something similar to what you describe.  Several sections have a checkbox (like "Weapons") that open up a blank section with an add button.  When you click the button it adds a line for you to fill in.  You can add as many as you want, but when you go to delete the individual listings, it won't delete the last one until you uncheck the checkbox for that section.  If you recheck the box, you will be greeted with a blank section with an add button once again. Why it works that way isn't something I can tell you, I just know that it does.

Edited 1532305183
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
It is the GURPS character sheet (#1 or the first one listed), which is a rather simple sheet. It is just a single Repeating Section identical to other Repeating Sections liek those for  Inventory, Skills, Weapons, etc. The HTML code is all the same, the only difference that I can see ar the "attr_.." entries for the table and that makes sense. FYI: All the formatting and CSS code is working *such as it is).
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Is the row you're trying to delete the last one? I have noticed an issue sometimes where the last item will not delete. Moving it farther up then deleting it works for me.

Edited 1532383965
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
I have tried the last one, all in the middle and first one. None of them will delete however I have not tried moving them and seeing what happens. Let me give that a shot and see if it helps. UPDATE : I tried doing as Cassie suggestion, did not work. I am really at a loss here. Also this is happening in all of my GURPS games using this sheet as wells as other's. Some additional observations : When I do click the Delete button, all the fields are deleted or reset to their defaults values except one of them. That value does not delete. Normally when you click the Delete button the row deletes (if it is deleting and resetting values, well it happens so fast I cannot see). That must mean something right?

Edited 1532387935
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
OK I am going to report this as a Bug and see if the Devs can help me. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6613954/unable-to-delete-a-row-from-a-repeating-section/?pageforid=6613954#post-6613954" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6613954/unable-to-delete-a-row-from-a-repeating-section/?pageforid=6613954#post-6613954</a>
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
I've pinged the Devs to your thread in Bugs, and closing this thread so there is less potential confusion :)