Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Macro for Palladium characteristics?

How would I script a macro that rolls 3d6 AND adds 1d6 only if the first 3d6 get a total of 16 or greater? Thanks!
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Not possible with a macro. The closest you could get (without the API) would be to create a Rollable Table with all the possible values and appropriate weightings. 

Edited 1532456470
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
What I have done for mine is create a character sheet (Character Creation Monster) with a macro for each race.  I set it up with a different line for each attribute so that each can be easily identified.  You should then be able to tell which ones need another die rolled manually, or mouse over if nothing else.  Since I am having people reroll 1s (but not on extra dice), my macro will look a little more complicated than what you would use for just straight rolls. &{template:default} {{name= Human Ability Scores}} {{IQ=[[3d6r1]]}}  {{ME=[[3d6r1]]}} {{MA=[[3d6r1]]}} {{PS=[[3d6r1]]}} {{PP=[[3d6r1]]}} {{PE=[[3d6r1]]}} {{PB=[[3d6r1]]}} {{SPD=[[3d6r1]]}} I set that up first and then just edited the number of dice for each race as I set up other macros. &{template:default} {{name= Dwarf Ability Scores}} {{IQ=[[3d6r1]]}}  {{ME=[[3d6r1]]}} {{MA=[[2d6r1]]}} {{PS=[[4d6r1]]}} {{PP=[[3d6r1]]}} {{PE=[[4d6r1]]}} {{PB=[[2d6r1]]}} {{SPD=[[2d6r1]]}} I put these on a character sheet with a liked token that I leave on the GM layer of the first game map (world map in my games).  Since I gave everyone permissions to use the sheet, I can pop it to the token layer and anyone needing to make a character can click the token and have access to the macros for stats, determining psionic ability, background, personality, etc.  So far it seems to work alright. Hope you can find a setup that works for you. Edit:  I thought I might add that I have archived the character sheet that contains all these character creation macros.  Then no one can mess with it.  The only time there is a chance for a player to access it is while I have the token available to players during character creation.  The rest of the time, the sheet being archived and the token being on the GM layer keeps it from being messed up.