Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP] Monster of the Week - Streamed/Podcasted

I'm looking for a fourth player to round out a group for a Monster of the Week game that I will be running on Roll20 and streaming on Twitch.  The audio might be released in podcast format as well.   This will just be a mini-campaign spanning anywhere from 4 to 10 sessions that we will be scheduling around PST time zone (for the most part).  We would prefer to play Saturday, afternoon or night, but a different day can probably be worked out.  This campaign is inspired by properties such as Buffy, Attack the Block, Monster Squad, Super Eight, Stranger Things, Constantine, Dylan Dog, etc. I'm looking for players who are good at story-driven roleplay, share the spotlight well, and have a decent audio and webcam set up.  You must be a team player, an active participant, have a good sense of humor, and possess a strong understanding of narrative and story development.  R-rated language and themes are allowed but please no intolerant or hateful language or ideologies. Message me or reply to this thread with a little bit about yourself and why you think you'd be a good fit for this game.  Please include a character concept for a modern day sophomore or junior at Community West High School in Normal, Illinois.  Youtube footage of other games you've played in is a big plus.  Thanks for your interest!
Hi, This sounds interesting! I'd love to join. About myself: I've been playing RPGs in general for quite a few years now, starting with ye old D&D. These days I'm much more interested in systems like Apocalypse World or powered by it. Reasons being that the stories resulting from it just feel way more compelling to me than in rule-heavy systems and I love PC-PC interactions. In our groups we usually are quite discussion-open about how we would like the story to proceed generally, what's the scope of it, what we as players and GMs would love to see (and what to skip), playing in-character and describing character-actions out of character as it fits. Systems like AW, Dungeon Worlds etc. empower such a playstyle just way better. I played powered by the apocalypse systems since 4 years or so, particularly over roll20 with voice+video (usually over Skype). I have not played Monster of the Week, yet. When joining you can expect me to invest into my character and hooking him up into given background and other PCs. My point of view is, that the burden of GMing does not need to lie entirely on one person. If someone on the table has an idea how a certain partial success or failure plays out exactly, they can throw it in, with the GM of course having the last word. Disclaimer: I'm German (living in Canada) so you would have to deal with a bit of accent from my side, but no worries about fluency. I played and GMed in English-languaged groups for years now with no trouble. As character concept: I would probably go and include my unavoidable accent into my character's background. The character, or rather his parents, moved to Normal rather recently and he is the strange new guy. At first rather isolated than connected. Getting involved into the world beyond hence is not only a strange thing happening to him but on top of it also the weirdest way of actually getting in contact with the other sophomores/juniors and finding some friends. For playbooks I see a few fitting this background more than others: Monstruous (maybe his monstrosity was the reason for the move to another continent?), Flake (being the outsider already pushed him further down this direction), Mundane (always works I guess, but here his unconnectedness and foreign background makes thing still interesting), Divine (basically the flip-side of Monstruous giving a solid reason for the move to Normal, Illinois). For the decision on what exactly to play I would see the preferences of the other players and go by gut-feeling on how I can tie in my character best.

Edited 1532619616
@Charlie Chopshop - Could you share a link to your past games you've played?