Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Transmogrifier & Token Bar Values

Edited 1532645553
MyRoll20Stuffs
API Scripter
I have currently have my campaign spread across 5 games (All incredibly large which is why I spit it up. The party just made it to "Part 2" after ten four-house sessions. I tend to keep everything loaded in a single game (Part 1 since it is now finished, though they are able to return to areas in Part 1) so I update NPC abiities or stats or make a whole new NPC altogether then use transmogrify and copy them all over to each of the other 4 parts. I've notice though even if I have a token linked to a sheet and the "represents" value is set, when I transmogrify the new version of the sheet the token isn't updated. For instance lets take a major NPC. In Part 1 - NPC Has 140 HP In Part 1 - Increase HP to 180 Transmogrify NPC from Part 1 to Part 2 Token "Represents" the new sheet still Token still listing "140" HP Have to open up token window, set HP field drop-down box to another stat (or none) Set HP bar back to represent the HP current/max fields Now Token properly displays 180 HP Is this known / expected behavior? Is there any other way to update all tokens with the changes made on their "Represents" sheet?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
What is likely happening: Token's that represent a character receive an event when the attribute they are linked to changes. In Part 1, this event causes the tokens to get updated to 180 HP Then you transmogrify the character to Part 2 The Tokens in part 2 do not receive an event because the change occurred in another game. The fix for this would be for the action of Transmogrifying a character (or anything, really) over to a new game to cause any linked tokens and characters to look at their values and update. You could likely solve this with an API script.  Just catch `add:character` and `add:graphic`.  If the graphic has a represents set, or there are any tokens that represent that character, update them.
wouldn't taking damage trigger an update of the Health and correct it as well? Have you tried to tell the Token "-1" to it's HP Bubble?