Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[5e Shaped]

Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
For those affected by the statblock issue, here's a ticket to follow:<a href="https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshapedscript/issues/61/5e-shaped-sheet-importation-issue-from#comment-46773935" rel="nofollow">https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshapedscript/issues/61/5e-shaped-sheet-importation-issue-from#comment-46773935</a> It would appear that there is a workaround: stop using Windows and migrate to an Operating System that doesn't insert a pointless extra control character at the end of every line because it still thinks it's a typewriter :-P Seriously though, I hope that I should be able to get a fix together in the next day or so, assuming Roll20 don't fix it first.
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Hey all, New script up that should fix the Statblock Import problem.
Don't know if this belongs here but when starting up a new sandbox I get this at the bottom of the log: "Sheet Worker ERROR: Unable to find valid character with ID -LHee_01u84ia-Md9JDr" EDIT: Also when trying to run !shaped-statblock (a la the wiki for the script) I get: Shaped Scripts Error Unknown command !shaped-statblock
Is there any documentation for what "effects" are already available to add to a spell or other action on the sheet?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Ascendant Madness said: Is there any documentation for what "effects" are already available to add to a spell or other action on the sheet? The default effects are available. I don't know if the sheet can handle custom effects.

Edited 1531878476
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Ascendant Madness said: Don't know if this belongs here but when starting up a new sandbox I get this at the bottom of the log: "Sheet Worker ERROR: Unable to find valid character with ID -LHee_01u84ia-Md9JDr" EDIT: Also when trying to run !shaped-statblock (a la the wiki for the script) I get: Shaped Scripts Error Unknown command !shaped-statblock This is mentioned in another Shaped thread, I believe. It is apparently an artifact of something the Shaped Sheet does upon loading and may be safely ignored.
This is mentioned in another Shaped thread, I believe. It is apparently an artifact of something the Shaped Sheet does upon loading and may be safely ignored. What about the !shaped-statblock not functioning and reporting an error?

Edited 1531884469
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Any script issues belong in the script thread or issue tracker. This thread is for the sheet, not the script. Please always post issues on the issue tracker and provide reproduction steps.
Speaking of issue tracker, here's the issue tracking the charactermancer feature request:&nbsp; <a href="https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/issues/746/feature-support-charactermancer" rel="nofollow">https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/issues/746/feature-support-charactermancer</a> This isn't trivial. Speaking for myself, I don't have the chops or time to issue a PR. I'm willing to contribute portions, if someone else leads. I'm thinking it'll take a team effort. Kryx, in that ticket, estimates the needed effort in the "tens to hundreds" of hours. Whether charactermancer is a desirable enough feature to go to such lengths is an open question.
Just found the option in character sheet settings to do 2x 1d20 rolls (Roll 2 Legacy). This seems like it will be better for my PCs, speed things up, and not worry about them having to click adv/disadv on/off or leaving it on by mistake. For attack rolls, is there a way for crit damage to be rolled as well if one of the attack rolls crit? Or, will they need to manually do a /r for the extra crit damage?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Roll2 is not the recommended way to use the sheet. It exists for legacy purposes and may not work for all current or new features, hence the legacy name. You're free to use it, but I wouldn't recommend it. Crits only showing when you actually have a crit is a problem of the Roll2 system. Again, I wouldn't recommend using it. Clicking advantage/disadvantage is incredibly easy (it can also be done as a token action) and has much more clear output.

Edited 1532010246
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
19.0.0 Breaking Changes Removed my custom classes (only one, called&nbsp; Summoner ) and my psionic classes ( Psion &nbsp;and&nbsp; Soulknife ) from the sheet. If you have custom classes then use the custom name field for the class. Features Settings page cleaned up after latest Roll20 changes. It has also been reorganized to match the PC sheet sections (skills, saving throws, etc). #750: Always show NPC saving throws Bug fixes #729: NPC skill proficiencies are lost during conversion from OGL sheet NPC skills should never expand in to the right column now The breaking changes are very limited in scope. Upgrading will only effect you if you use those things that are now removed. 19.0.0 will be released to Roll20 next week unless there is any major issue reported.
Using 18.1.8 (official version) and my player's advanced to 5th level.&nbsp; The proficieny&nbsp;value changed on their sheets but doesn't seem to incorporate into their skill calculations under&nbsp;ability_checks_query_var. Here's a snippet of&nbsp;ability_checks_query_var... {{roll2=[[@{repeating_skill_-l6ixxlb0ak3ryxszyor_skill_d20_wrap} + 2[proficient] + 2[cha]]]&amp;#125;&amp;#125;|History (Int) +1, {{title=History (Int)&amp;#125;&amp;#125; where the + 2[proficient] should be updated to + 3[proficient] I can do this manually but is there a better fix?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
There are 2 supported versions: The latest version (currently&nbsp;19.0.0) The Roll20 version (currently 18.1.8, though in nearly all cases any issues will already be addressed in the latest so you'll have to wait) As a Pro user you should be using 19.0.0. That is the only version that I can debug and fix. Please upgrade to 19.0.0 and try to recreate the issue on a new character sheet. If that is possible please open an issue.
I updated to 19.0.0 and created a new character.&nbsp; Leveling from 4th to 5th didn't change the proficiency value in skill rolls (it was still +2).
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Kryx said: Please upgrade to 19.0.0 and try to recreate the issue on a new character sheet. If that is possible please open an issue.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Just to be clear, Fox S. This thread is more for asking questions about the sheet. To report an issue, there is a link in the first post, and at the bottom of every character sheet. There is an issue tracker that is built expressly for handling development and bug fixing.

Edited 1532619287
I'm about to begin a new West Marches style campaign with many new players. I have used the Shaped sheet through our current campaign the last years. Thanks for the big work you did for us all, Kryx! I really prefer this sheet to the OGL one. I am concerned about future support for the Shaped sheet. Would you advice against using the Shaped sheet for a new long campaign? I started using the shaped sheet soon after the first basic 5E books were released&nbsp; - since the very early versions of this sheet. Wizard released many new class archetypes and even some UA changes to core class mechanics since then. I'm wondering what classes and archetypes are readily supported by the shaped sheet. Are there any known issues with using some non-PHB classes/archetypes? Basically if someone wants to know what classes and archetypes they can pick from, and I don't want to give myself significant technical extra work, what Wizard sources can I safely point the players toward? Any area of the sheet I or the player need to be more aware of when gaining levels for non-core classes and archetypes? Does anyone have any experiences they want to share on this topic?

Edited 1532619256
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The sheet will automatically add features for all the classes (including UA ranger and UA artificer) and all archetypes in the SRD (1 archetype per class). Beyond that you'll have to add the data manually. Not difficult, but it takes some times. Luckily PCs are straight forward. All NPCs from all modules are supported.
With "Enable 3D dice" it will roll&nbsp;2 damage dice on attacks. Not seen anything posted on the issue tracker, so expect I'm&nbsp;doing something wrong here?

Edited 1532670958
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
3D dice rolling an extra die can not be avoided as long as "Roll2" is around. It's unfortunately caused by how roll templates work. OGL has the same issue. Edit: an extra die is also caused by crit. It has to pre-roll as roll templates can not generate new rolls.
I have two questions. a)&nbsp; Is there a way to make the sheet/Roll20 detect critical hits correctly using the 2d10 system? Setting the crit range to 9 (so it crits on a 18–20) will also crit if the dice rolls 9 and 4, as an example. b) &nbsp;How can I set if a character is proficient with an armor? Asking this because I'm using "armor that you are proficient with weights half ". Maybe there is a workaround? Thank you.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
a. No, you'll need to hover the results to see an 18-20. I can not check the total of two rolls, only the result of a single roll. b. All armor is modified by that setting. I hadn't even thought to differentiate proficient vs non-proficient as people never wear non-proficient armor. If you have a player that does then just uncheck it for them.
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Hey all, Have a favour to ask - could anyone who has bought Tomb of Annihilation either (a) export a fresh copy of Ras Nsi to Kryx's Shaped Develop game or (b) make a fresh game using the ToA module and invite me to GM it so I can take a look at him? He's got some funky stuff going on with his HP values and I want to check it isn't going to break the sheet/script Thanks!
I am experiencing an error where dragging monsters from the compendium onto the play board where it is supposed to generate a token and then convert the sheet over to the shaped format, it is completely failing to do that. However dragging and dropping out of the compendium onto a pre existing sheet does seem to work. Wondering if anyone else is having this problem or is it just me?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Dillon F. said: I am experiencing an error where dragging monsters from the compendium onto the play board where it is supposed to generate a token and then convert the sheet over to the shaped format, it is completely failing to do that. However dragging and dropping out of the compendium onto a pre existing sheet does seem to work. Wondering if anyone else is having this problem or is it just me? It's not just you. This is a known issue at the moment, and you've discovered the workaround.
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Unfortunately this is a Roll20 issue rather than a Shaped issue - they broke this with the charactermancer update. It doesn't *always* happen, just most of the time for most people. If it frustrates you please chime in on this bug thread: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6527455/slug%7D" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6527455/slug%7D</a> to say that it's affecting you, which will hopefully raise the visibility of the problem for Roll20.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The issue is on the tracker as well.&nbsp;<a href="https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/issues/748/drag-to-tabletop-from-compendium-broken" rel="nofollow">https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/issues/748/drag-to-tabletop-from-compendium-broken</a>
First off I want to say thank you Kryx for all the work you've done. Before I was a Pro subscriber my players and I hated this sheet, but as a Pro subscriber I realize it wasn't your fault, it was Roll20's fault. Love the sheet, love everything you've done, currently using 19.0.0. That said one of my players is using a custom class that has Unarmored Defense. Currently I'm applying the unarmored defense as an equipment piece, but I was wondering if there was a better way to do that.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
In general, if you are using a class that normally has unarmored defense, the sheet should add it automatically. If you are getting it from some other source, but it mimics the Barbarian or Monk ability, you can put your sheet in edit mode, click Barbarian or Monk under Class Features and select Unarmored Defense. The sheet will add it. Otherwise, if it is a non-standard formula, you can add a custom armor entry, call it "Unarmored Defense" or whatever, and enter the desired formula.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
19.1.0 Features The sheet now supports some newer script edge-case features such as Anubian’s stealth being higher in sand. Bug fixes #752: NPC Average HP's not calculating properly
Can the 'Dice modifier' option be used to change the default cf from 1 to say&nbsp;cf&lt;3?&nbsp;&nbsp;

Edited 1532997033
Is there any way to set a customized proficiency bonus? I'm running a campaign that goes up to level 30, and the epic levels pdf we're using doesn't continue to increase proficiency bonus past 6 I have found the pb and pb_display under attributes &amp; abilities but changing it doesn't reflect the bonuses applied to attacks and ability checks and such
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Pigeon said: Can the 'Dice modifier' option be used to change the default cf from 1 to say&nbsp;cf&lt;3?&nbsp;&nbsp; Yes
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
James said: Is there any way to set a customized proficiency bonus? I'm running a campaign that goes up to level 30, and the epic levels pdf we're using doesn't continue to increase proficiency bonus past 6 The sheet supports the official progression of proficiency bonus as shown on DMG 274. Not all 3rd party projects can be supported.
Kryx said: Pigeon said: Can the 'Dice modifier' option be used to change the default cf from 1 to say&nbsp;cf&lt;3?&nbsp;&nbsp; Yes Good :) How?&nbsp;

Edited 1533043022
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You can use dice modifiers wherever they appear. I'm guessing your question is specifically about the standard shaped_d20 which does not have dice modifier and can not be modified in such a way. It'll work for weapons and other sections.

Edited 1533044472
Tried to apply to gunslinger weapons&nbsp;as they have a cf form one to 3 on attack&nbsp;rolls, but can seem to get it to work. (I'm&nbsp;clearly not doing&nbsp;it right)
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
There seems to be no modifier for the attack of an offense item. If you want it then you'll need to open a feature request on the tracker.
Kryx said: There seems to be no modifier for the attack of an offense item. If you want it then you'll need to open a feature request on the tracker. Thank Kryx, will put a request in just to see if other people are interested, but not sure its worth the work just for a couple of Homebrew classes, will just keep an eye on his rolls!&nbsp;

Edited 1533345534
Been a long time; back at with the DMing and glad to see my favorite char sheet is still thriving. Need a reminder. How, if possible, can we add attacks, spells, etc to tokens for the macro quick bar?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The script can make token actions for you automatically or you can set them up manually (a bit of a pain). I believe you can drag actions to the "Macro quick bar" and they'll stay there now, but I don't use that so I'm unsure.
Okay, yeah, that worked for me. I remember there being something you can add to abilities manually so that when I clicked a token, a macro bar at the top of the screen would appear, using # or @?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Token actions are what you're talking about
Yes! Is there a guide for that?
Thank you so much for your work with the Shaped sheet. I'm new to roll20, setting up my players' sheets now, watching and reading a lot of things to understand. I am having one issue that I can't quite figure out. For example, I created my Bard, who has Bardic Inspiration by default. When I click Bardic Inspiration, it goes into the chat but doesn't decrement the number of uses. (This is true for Wild Shape, etc.) I could be totally missing something, and this may require being a Pro to be able to use the companion script (which I plan on doing provided my party sticks with this). Thanks again!
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Dan S. said: I could be totally missing something, and this may require being a Pro to be able to use the companion script (which I plan on doing provided my party sticks with this). Yes, this requires Pro and the companion script - it's not possible to produce this kind of behaviour without using the API.
So here with another issue and question. I'm not sure if this should be here or in the forum thread for the companion script, so apologies if it's the wrong place, but here we go. I recently imported a compendium of monsters using a data set, the monsters import fine, however when I try to roll initiative for them, from the sheet, it doesn't send to the turn order tracker. Is there any way to fix this? currently using the group initiative script to work around it, which is probably going to be the permanent solution in my case, but an answer would be appreciated in the event that this is an issue for someone else.