Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Sneak attack macro help! 5e d&d

I created this macro after cobbling together things I've read in other macros. I know it's not pretty as I haven't figured out the correct syntax for templates yet but I can't figure out what I did wrong with the crit portion of things. I know without being pro I can't use conditionals. Here is what I have for the macro /em springs from the shadows and swings his shortsword /roll 1d20 + [[@{Ikkaku / Rat Scratch|dexterity_mod} + @{Ikkaku / Rat Scratch|pb}]] /roll 1d6 + @{Ikkaku / Rat Scratch|dexterity_mod} + ?{Sneak Attack|No, 0|Yes, [[ ceil((@{Ikkaku / Rat Scratch|rogue_level} ) / 2) ]]d6 [Sneak Attack]} + {{crit1=[[1d6[CRIT]]]}} + {{crit2=[[[[ ceil((@{Ikkaku / Rat Scratch|rogue_level} ) / 2) ]]d6 [Sneak Attack]}[CRIT]]]}}

Edited 1532750869
Spren
Sheet Author
You can't use crit= on a regular /r roll. That bit is actually part of the roll template so using it outside the template does nothing.&nbsp; The wiki shows pretty nicely how to use the template: <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/D%26D_5e_OGL_Roll_Templates#Damage" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/D%26D_5e_OGL_Roll_Templates#Damage</a> . All you need to do is copy and paste the macro there, then remove the bits you don't need.&nbsp; Here's my attempt at it for you, but I can't confirm it will work. &amp;{template:dmg} {{dmg1flag=1}} {{dmg1=[[1d6]]}} {{dmg1type=dmg1type}} {{dmg2flag=1}} {{dmg2=@{Ikkaku / Rat Scratch|dexterity_mod} + ?{Sneak Attack|No, 0|Yes, [[ ceil((@{Ikkaku / Rat Scratch|rogue_level} ) / 2) ]]d6 [Sneak Attack]} }} {{dmg2type=dmg2type}} {{crit=1}} {{crit1=[[1d6]]}}&nbsp; {{crit2=[[[[ ceil((@{Ikkaku / Rat Scratch|rogue_level} ) / 2) ]]d6 [Sneak Attack]}[CRIT]]]}} {{charname=charname}}
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
I handle this slightly differently. For my rogue players I modify their weapon attacks on the character sheets so that the damage 2 entry has the sneak attack dice and the damage type is labelled as "sneak attack". When the damage should be used, we use it, the rest of the time we ignore it. Then the critical hits are automatically calculated correctly.