Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

The size of the distance measurement should scale with zoom levels [ Ruler ]

David
Sheet Author
Jeremy said: Anyone following will notice this just changed to in development! That's great news! That is awesome news.
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
+1
Jen said: MCF said: Having almost no experience with JavaScript canvas, I was able to do  this . Baffling that there's not a proper solution after three+ years. Bump. Is there a way we can implement that locally as a stopgap meanwhile? Not easily, no. While it's a small change to the code, it requires a decent working knowledge of frontend web development to do, and is client-side only (so everyone in a group, say, would have to know how to do it). Additionally, closing the tab; refreshing; etc. will revert the changes. Maetco said: MCF said: Having almost no experience with JavaScript canvas, I was able to do  this . Baffling that there's not a proper solution after three+ years. Bump. Is that API script or how did you do it? Nope, small modification to the "game"'s rendering loop.  BoyDoesGames said: MCF said: Having almost no experience with JavaScript canvas, I was able to do  this . Baffling that there's not a proper solution after three+ years. Bump. But how.... See above. I'd go into more detail, but it would mean writing a relatively long guide which, given this is in development, will become redundant quickly. Frankly, I can't justify spending the time. For a developer at Roll20, though, this is literally* (and I can't emphasize this enough) less than five minutes of work. It blows my mind that this has not been fixed. * Or if it's not, there's something wrong, and maybe I need to send them my CV. [Apologies for the delayed response, I never received notifications]
David said: Jeremy said: Anyone following will notice this just changed to in development! That's great news! That is awesome news. Awesome indeed. Can't wait for it to go live!
MCF said: Not easily, no. ...(snip)...   maybe I need to send them my CV. Thank you for the reply! I'm thrilled to see this in dev at last, given this was not just a suggestion but arguably a legit usability bug. (And yes, sounds like they could use someone like you!)
Jeremy said: Anyone following will notice this just changed to in development! That's great news! About damn time. 3 years, sheesh!
Grand Maître Chat
Marketplace Creator
Translator
That idea is pretty neat
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
This fix is now on the Dev server for testing.
October 8th, 2015 - August 7th, 2018
YAY thank you for the fix!

Edited 1533745280
The end is in sight, everyone.  And soon, the distance measurements will be too!
Nose! The additional snapping option are very welcomed improvements as well.
Maetco said: Nose! The additional snapping option are very welcomed improvements as well. I concur, having intersection based included with the expected center based measurement method is a great unexpected (on my part) bonus.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
This suggestion is now live.