Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

New to API

I upgraded my account a couple of months ago to Pro for the Transmogrifier, thanks for that tool!!, and I have been reading how much can be added to game dynamics with the use of API.  I found a tutorial on how to make clickable rollable tables, and to do so I would need to run the Recursive Tables API.  I followed the link to the .json file, and I was wondering if I just copy and paste it into the new script Tab or was there something else I am supposed to do.  Sorry for such a newb question, and I hope I have asked it in the right place.  Thanks in advance!

Edited 1532997764
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Kismet said: I upgraded my account a couple of months ago to Pro for the Transmogrifier, thanks for that tool!!, and I have been reading how much can be added to game dynamics with the use of API.  I found a tutorial on how to make clickable rollable tables, and to do so I would need to run the Recursive Tables API.  I followed the link to the .json file, and I was wondering if I just copy and paste it into the new script Tab or was there something else I am supposed to do.  Sorry for such a newb question, and I hope I have asked it in the right place.  Thanks in advance! Copy the raw text of the script from the api repo, then on the API settings page of your game, click "New Script" and paste the raw text of your script into the editor and "Save" script.  Many scripts are available directly from the API settings page as a "One-click" install. "Add Script" to install those.  NOTE: scripts on the list here, automatically get updated as their author's improve their scripts. You should now be able to enter API script commands in your game.  Have fun.
Thank you!! 

Edited 1533001307
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You'll also find there are a lot of scripts available for one-click install. There's a drop down on the scripts page, and the list is worth browsing through. I recommend adding TokenMod and ChatSetAttr as must-haves, there's a lot of other good stuff too.