Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Sneak Attack macro crit help!!

So I have everything worked out the way I want except when my macro calculates sneak attack dice crit it's rolling too many dice. Here is the macro I've cobbled together. As you can see I set the crit threshold to 10 to test crit I know it's really low but the issue is when crit happens it's rolling 2d6 + 4d6. I don't understand what the math issue is here. &{template:atkdmg} {{mod=@{Ikkaku / Rat Scratch|dexterity_mod}}} {{rname=Shortsword}} {{r1=[[ 1d20 + [[ @{Ikkaku / Rat Scratch|dexterity_mod} + @{Ikkaku / Rat Scratch|pb} ]] ]]}} {{always=1}} {{r2=[[ 1d20cs>10 + [[ @{Ikkaku / Rat Scratch|dexterity_mod} + @{Ikkaku / Rat Scratch|pb} ]] ]]}} {{charname=Ikkaku / Rat Scratch}} {{attack=1}} {{range=melee}} {{damage=1}} {{dmg1flag=1}} {{dmg1= [[ 1d6 + @{Ikkaku / Rat Scratch|dexterity_mod}]]}} {{dmg1type=Piercing}} {{dmg2flag=1}} {{dmg2=[[[[ceil((@{Ikkaku / Rat Scratch|base_level})/2)]]d6]]}} {{dmg2type=Sneak Attack}} {{crit1=[[ 1d6 + @{Ikkaku / Rat Scratch|dexterity_mod}]]}} {{crit2=[[[[ceil((@{Ikkaku / Rat Scratch|base_level}))]]d6]]}} {{charname=Ikkaku / Rat Scratch}}
Nevermind I see the issue, just took walking away from the computer for a bit and looking at it again with fresh eyes. {{crit2=[[[[ceil((@{Ikkaku / Rat Scratch|base_level}))]]d6]]}}  should be {{crit2=[[[[ceil((@{Ikkaku / Rat Scratch|base_level}) / 2)]]d6]]}}  Sorry!
Is there anyway to add the dmg together so it shows the total instead of #1 + #2?
Vamphuntor said: Is there anyway to add the dmg together so it shows the total instead of #1 + #2? This is the intended functionality. If you had you character sheet set to Auto-roll crit (which you have) and the second roll was the crit even though you did not have advantage, you would only want the first number to be displayed.  It occurs to me that this may not be want you are intending and you are in fact talking about getting the sneak attack damage added to the piercing damage. If so, then you would simply move the Xd6 for sneak attack into the first damage field as opposed to the second damage field. So the damage field would read 1d6+[[ceil((@{Ikkaku / Rat Scratch|base_level})/2)]]d6
Kyle G. said: Vamphuntor said: Is there anyway to add the dmg together so it shows the total instead of #1 + #2? This is the intended functionality. If you had you character sheet set to Auto-roll crit (which you have) and the second roll was the crit even though you did not have advantage, you would only want the first number to be displayed.  It occurs to me that this may not be want you are intending and you are in fact talking about getting the sneak attack damage added to the piercing damage. If so, then you would simply move the Xd6 for sneak attack into the first damage field as opposed to the second damage field. So the damage field would read 1d6+[[ceil((@{Ikkaku / Rat Scratch|base_level})/2)]]d6 I was speaking more in that I was wanting it to show in dmg1 18 instead of 8+10 and in dmg2 15 instead of 6+9
Vamphuntor said: Kyle G. said: Vamphuntor said: Is there anyway to add the dmg together so it shows the total instead of #1 + #2? This is the intended functionality. If you had you character sheet set to Auto-roll crit (which you have) and the second roll was the crit even though you did not have advantage, you would only want the first number to be displayed.  I was speaking more in that I was wanting it to show in dmg1 18 instead of 8+10 and in dmg2 15 instead of 6+9 It's not possible and I doubt that it will be. If you look at your first post and the attack roll that was a 16/19 Vamphuntor said: You rolled a crit with the 19, but you may not have actually had advantage. So in this case you would want to see the 6/10 instead of 15/18 for damage.

Edited 1533656071
This is the intended functionality. If you had you character sheet set to Auto-roll crit (which you have) and the second roll was the crit even though you did not have advantage, you would only want the first number to be displayed.  I was speaking more in that I was wanting it to show in dmg1 18 instead of 8+10 and in dmg2 15 instead of 6+9 It's not possible and I doubt that it will be. If you look at your first post and the attack roll that was a 16/19 Vamphuntor said: You rolled a crit with the 19, but you may not have actually had advantage. So in this case you would want to see the 6/10 instead of 15/18 for damage. I tried a query instead of using {always=1} but I couldn't get it to react properly regardless of the input yes or no. {{advantage=?{Advantage|No, 0|Yes,1} }}  regardless of the answer it rolls both.
Try this for the query instead. {{?{RollType|normal|advantage|disadvantage}=1}}  Putting {{advantage=0}} does not do what you think it does. Instead you would put {{normal=1}}, {{disadvantage=1}}, {{advantage=1}}, or {{always=1}} depending on your purpose.
Kyle G. said: Try this for the query instead. {{?{RollType|normal|advantage|disadvantage}=1}}  Putting {{advantage=0}} does not do what you think it does. Instead you would put {{normal=1}}, {{disadvantage=1}}, {{advantage=1}}, or {{always=1}} depending on your purpose. This was the perfect solution, thanks!