Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Map shifts off screen involuntarily!

So I started a new campaign (actually a copy of a previous, but without maps) and the first thing I did was make a map page. I made the map very very large. In order to see it all, one must zoom out to the 10% mark. And when I do, the map 'zips' off-screen and won't come back! Oddly, this only happens at 10%. 20% is just fine. I have no problem starting over from scratch, but thought y'all would like to take a look at this bug before I get rid of it. -Phnord
Gauss
Forum Champion
Could you post a screenshot of the problem and of it behaving normally (say, 20% and 10%)?
Uh... yeah, I suppose so? I mean, it looks like you'd expect it to look, but here ya go: Immediately upon loading, 100%: Adjusted to 20% using the magnifier tool: Adjusted to 10% using the magnifier tool: Then, upon right-clicking to move the map: Upon a fresh reload of the game: I can move it using the scrollbars at 10% just fine, sort of... it 'jumps' at a certain point, however: Note the 'blank' space below the map; this is entirely filled with the grid lines. On close examination, there are an estimated 20 vertical spaces shown (It hurts my eyes to count, they're so small!) However, using the scroll bar on the right to adjust it ever-so-slightly further, literally one pixel or as close as I can come to that, manually... Note that the 'empty' grid below the map is now only approximately 8 spaces high. At this point, it's easy to use the scroll bars to move the map around, within that limitation. Using the right mouse button to drag and drop the map, however, results in it VISIBLY MOVING up and off-screen. I mean, it's animated; I can watch it move, too swiftly to catch in an image but slowly enough to see it happening. And once that's been done, the image is gone forever... Er, sort of. Turns out that it is actually recoverable, briefly. I can use the scroll bars or the mouse wheel to return the map to visible... But the moment the cursor is placed over the map itself (Not the map screen, but the actual loaded image) the map disappears again, instantly moving up and off-screen. Hope that helps. Yeah, here's a link to the game: LINK Yeah, I don't mind sharing it publicly because I'll delete it as soon as you're done looking. and Yeah, I'll promote you to GM as soon as I see you in it. Thanks. -Phnord.

Edited 1393012894
Gauss
Forum Champion
Ok, it appears that the "right click panning" is not disengaging when you are in the blank grey area. At the same time you are not allowed to pan that grey area so it just continues to send you in the direction you were heading. If you mousewheel up to the map and then pan around the map again it will stop trying to slide south. Bumping this to the Devs.

Edited 1393121355
im having that same problem with the starwars thing but when it does it to me i literally cant see jack. I've tried doing the same thing i did the last time this happened but it keeps doing it. how would i go about fixing this? ill just send u a screen shot of one that did this before because my prntscr button doesnt seem to want to work today.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Dante , it appears your problem is unrelated. Your problem is usually the result of a toolbar extension. Please go to <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Solving_Technical_Issues" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Solving_Technical_Issues</a> and follow step 2.