Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Basic Fantasy Role Playing Game - Teluria Saturday nights CST (-6 GMT)

Edited 1393161887
We play Saturday nights at 7 Very rules light - Old School game with a LOT of humor. Players are mostly of a certain age (35+) We define Old School as Role Playing, not Roll Playing. Story over Mechanics. The Three Jobs: 1) GMs job is to make it fun and fair and interesting 2) Players job is to participate and keep the GM on his toes 3) Everybody's job is to have fun. If you're interested, drop me a PM. From the Introduction: Introduction In the beginning was Teluria, and I'm quite certain it will be there at the end too. Things usually have a way of working out. In the interim, Teluria is neither here nor there, it just is. Any further inquiry is likely to give you a headache if you think about it too much, so I suggest you stop right now and save yourself the trouble, thank you very much. Experience: My philosophy on experience is that it's a side effect of a good story, not the primary focus. Therefore, progression is not going to be incredibly fast, but will proceed as needed to progress the story line. Experience Points are generally awarded for achieving certain goals as opposed to just killing monsters, though killing monsters will be part of the equation. You get no experience for gold or treasure, although role playing or other activity required to identify a particular piece of magic found is awardable, as is putting a found piece of treasure to a particularly creative use or just making the GM laugh in a particularly creative way. Good role-playing is worth bonuses and at the DM's sole discretion additional bonuses may be handed out for a particularly creative solution to a problem or other actions which enhance the game play or make the story more interesting.

Edited 1393299226
You can see the BFRPG rules, plus the history of the campaign so far at basicfantasy.org Rules are on the down loads page, campaign storyline is here: Teluria: the story so far
Best line of the game so far: Thief gets dragged through door by skeletal hand. Cleric's response:"Well, you're boned."