Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Nested Conditional Statements

Is there a way to nest Conditional Statements?   Specifically, let's say a skill is used, and it has 3 outcomes, depending on the outcome of the roll.   For example, the roll is equivalent to d20+12.  If this roll is lower than 20, the result is 0, if it is 20-24, the result is 4, if it is 25+, the result is 7. Can this be done without API?  If so, great, if not, then I will go hunting there.   Or is there another way to do this?

Edited 1535414762
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You can't do actual nested conditions, or any conditional at all. You can fake it sometimes, if you can reduce it to a mathematical expression with one output. There might be a way to do it with the example you've provided, but I'm drawing a blank right now. If the results had been 0, 4, and 8, it would have been fairly easy. Generally if you have Pro, you are better off using a script like Power Cards. 

Edited 1535424321
Thanks G G.  That is what I suspected.     Any tips on how to do that with power cards?
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I don't use Power Cards, so I'm not familiar with the syntax. There is an active Power Cards thread though in the API forum.