Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[5e Shaped] resetting/ respawning the "convertFromOGL" function?

When using version 18.?.? I was having issues with that function for various mobs in CoS, it would basically hang ... and had to cancel it after 15 minutes.  Now that I upgraded to 19.?.?, I noticed its working great, but the mobs I opened in version 18 are incomplete NPC sheets.  Is there any way to respawn the function to update all mobs from my NPC/ Monster folders to fill in the missing info? The original way is just going to the NPC statblock tab and it does it for you.  But afterward, I don't know how to get it to do it again.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hi Wolf, The convertFromOGL process is a one time process. If it fails the monster may be in an unusable state. I've never had a failing case reported so I've never tried to solidify that and my options to prevent that are quite limited. If you experience such a case on 19.X.X please do report it and I'll look at it immediately. Otherwise you can drag from SRD or if it's a module create a new module in OGL and export it and then import it to shaped. FYI if you post these kind of questions on the issue tracker or the Shaped thread I will notice them quicker (generally within a few hours unless I'm asleep). Sorry for the inconvenience.
Its the CoS module.  Not sure how to export OGL/ import to Shaped, but I'm gonna have to do that ... there are quite a few monsters/ npcs broken ...
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Can you create a second CoS campaign, and then use the Transmogrifier to overwrite the failed characters? Caveat, try it with one or two unimportant ones first to verify there are no unforeseen problems.
keithcurtis said: Can you create a second CoS campaign, and then use the Transmogrifier to overwrite the failed characters? Caveat, try it with one or two unimportant ones first to verify there are no unforeseen problems. I can definitely make a copy, and not sure how to really use the transmogrifier, but I'm sure its not too hard.  Its NPCs and Monsters though, not characters, but I know what you mean.
Wolf Thunderspirit said: keithcurtis said: Can you create a second CoS campaign, and then use the Transmogrifier to overwrite the failed characters? Caveat, try it with one or two unimportant ones first to verify there are no unforeseen problems. I can definitely make a copy, and not sure how to really use the transmogrifier, but I'm sure its not too hard.  Its NPCs and Monsters though, not characters, but I know what you mean. Ok - done - worked great so far Keith!  tyvm!  Helped bunches!
Mods - ok to close, problem solved :-)