Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Custom Sheet displaying differently than the Github Sheet

Richard T.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
I seem to be having multiple problems with my Ars Magica character sheet that was pulled into roll20's github. When I copy and paste the html from the version on Github into the Pro-feature Custom Sheet everything works but... that's not true when I test the github character sheet in a game. Am I just going crazy or is there known issues with this? 
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
You be more specific and give example of differences between what you experienced? And the sheet was updated in the repo little over a week ago, maybe that have something to do with this?
Richard T.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Sure, so here's a screenshot of what the sheet looks like using a Custom Sheet: This is what it looks like using the roll20 dropdown sheets: .... I actually fixed my other issue, apparently there was a missing value on the character sheet that borks the formula so I'll have to look into that. But I've been staring at the css for repeating form buttons and can't figure out the difference between the two. 
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
I swear I saw a thread where somwone had the same problem, that the add-button didn't change. Iirc it also had a picture with a similar setup, and was sometime in the last three weeks, but didn't find it on a quick skill. I think the managed to solve it there.

Edited 1536254620
David
Sheet Author
It could be the encoding that you used for the file it should UTF-8 .  I had a similar problem when I had my encoding as UTF-8 with BOM and that adds a character at the start and the first rule-set (I think that is the term) gets screwed up .You cannot replicated this with custom sheets. The css styling the add button is at the top in your sheet If you are really desperate you can change the class on the  add to repcontrol_edit as the styling is the same.  I tested tat in the developer  console and the button display correctly.
David
Sheet Author
Your text editor should also be set to Unix style end of line as well.