Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Waterdeep: Dragon Heist Official Bug Thread

Edited 1536340465
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Thank you for purchasing Waterdeep: Dragon Heist ! Waterdeep: Dragon Heist is a different sort of module than those that have been released before on the Roll20 platform. Please read this completely before beginning your game setup. In Waterdeep: Dragon Heist , the GM decides who the villain is of the story. In order to best facilitate running the game on Roll20, we have broken the source material up into one Module and 4 Addons , one for each villain/season. The created module contains all the information needed to run the beginning of the game up through Chapter 4, where the story truly splits. If the GM would like to prepare for the game by reading through all of the content, we recommend creating a separate game and adding in all 4 parts in order to get the whole story, deleting out pages (maps) if there is a performance decrease. When it comes time to play with the party, we strongly recommend the GM only add in the ONE relevant season to the main module. Adding others will create duplicate maps and handouts, and overwrite NPC's. To summarize: Create a separate game to view all the seasons at once, if desired. In a separate game with the players: Pick which season/villain is appropriate for the game storyline, and add only this addon to the core game. Track party progress on the [GM Page] Campaign Tracker if desired. Enjoy! If at any time the storyline organically switches to another main villain, we recommend removing the first addon, then adding in the second. Adding in another game will overwrite any shared NPC's or Creatures, so always create a backup before doing so just in case. Here is an additional quick FAQ based on past releases: I bought the game. Now what? You can now create a new game and choose "Waterdeep: Dragon Heist" from the modules on the right hand side of your game creation screen. When a season/villain has been chosen, select the appropriate addon from the list and add it to your game. What Character Sheet should I use? All Wizards of the Coast licensed content on Roll20 uses the Roll20 5th Edition OGL Sheet. When creating a new Roll20 game that you intend to use with Princes of the Apocalypse, be sure to select the 5th Edition OGL as your Character Sheet in the Game Setup page for full compatibility. Why does (Monster name) have a text token? If there is no licensed art available for a named NPC or monster, we must make a text token as a placeholder. Users are absolutely free to upload a replacement token if they like to their games, of course! Our licensing agreement only covers what's available in the module itself, along with other WOTC 5E products. Can I add in all the 4 seasons to one game? Yes, however this may create confusion for the GM and players, as each season has its own encounter chain structure. We recommend only adding in the relevant season. Where are Chapters 5-8? Each chapter is a season, so Chapter 5 is in the Spring addon, 6 in the Summer, and so on. As each chapter is season specific, we have separated them into their own addons. 

Edited 1536343437
I don't know if other people are experiencing similar problems, or if it's because I am doing this on a tablet, but when I try to create a game with this Module selected, the Module will deselect itself before creating the game and doesn't load up. I don't have any similar issues with al the other modules from WotC. I am able to load add-ons just fine though... But can't get Chap 1-3 EDIT: I think it was a device/connection issue on my end. I finally got it to load properly when I logged onto a different network and used a different device. 
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Great, thanks for the update Joe! Glad it's all loading for you :)
I am missing chapters 1-4 as well. Device not making a difference for me.

Edited 1536347280
With the basic module and with the Autumn add-on, Jarlaxle's Legendary Actions are missing, only the initial text is there.
I also do not have chapter 1-3.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Please verify you have followed the steps in order to create a Dragon Heist game: 1. Create a new game and choose "Waterdeep: Dragon Heist" from the modules on the right hand side of your game creation screen. 2. When a season/villain has been chosen, select the appropriate addon from the Game Addon list (Such as Dragon Heist: Summer) and add it to your game.
As the GM, I'm unable to move or otherwise click on some tokens. An example of this is a large group of tokens clustered at the top of the Zhentarim Hideout map, but some other tokens are the same way in other maps. These tokens are partially see-through, if that helps.
Shane D. said: As the GM, I'm unable to move or otherwise click on some tokens. An example of this is a large group of tokens clustered at the top of the Zhentarim Hideout map, but some other tokens are the same way in other maps. These tokens are partially see-through, if that helps. Those tokens are on the GM Layer. If you change to that layer, you should be able to move them.
Kyle G. said: Those tokens are on the GM Layer. If you change to that layer, you should be able to move them. Ah, thank you. First time running a published module in Roll20.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Thanks Kyle! :)

Edited 1536371559
Grog
Pro
In the specter character sheet it gives a link to the variant poltergeist, it links to the monster manual compendium so people without out the monster manual for roll20 can't access it.

Edited 1536553834
On the main Waterdeep map, there is no label for the Southern Ward. (South of the Trades Ward and east of the Dock Ward) In the GM notes for Manshoon, it says 'Manshoon lurks in Kolat Towers, a pair of wizards' towers in the Trades Ward' but a few paragraphs down refers to the Towers as being in the Southern Ward (which they are). Chapter 1: The Zhentarim hideout is refered to being on Castle Lane in the 'Zhentarim hideout handout' but Candle Lane on the 'Where to start' handout and map. On the Chapter 4: Winter maps, many of the tokens have the 'Represents Character' set to 'none' instead of to the correct NPC sheet.
Don't know if this is reported before, but there's a recurring bug with certain NPC sheets that deal with poison or the likes, resulting in incomplete text. An example is "Urstul Floxin" with his shortsword & light crossbow. It says: "The target must make a dc on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one". Ideally, it should list the DC, what attribute needs saving, and what the failed effect is.
Loren the GM
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Report I saw on reddit that might help those with the missing chapters: Thanks. I got it figured out. I was starting a new game and clicking on the module. The module was showing a check mark but then I would hit create game and it wouldn’t be there.  I was doing it on an iPad and I found I had to hit the module to get the check mark, then hit it again and the module picture would blow up to the full screen. Then when I hit create game it would add it.
Not a bug, more a minor detail, if anything. The handout Running the Adventure is missing a "who" in the sentence "(...) most popular Waterdeep holidays, for GM's would like to include these in their campaign." in the Adventure Flowchart sub-chapter. Thank you very much. --- Grammar-Stickler Mode End ---
Chapter 5 of the Spring Adventure , is the Deep Gnome's name Flufferfoot or Flutterfoot?
I'm wondering if other people are having difficulty changing the default character sheet settings to 'Never Whisper Rolls' or it's just my game? The default for the module is 'Always Whisper Rolls'. I've tried opening up the Game Settings, changing it to 'Never Whisper Rolls', saving, going into the game and bringing up the Experimental Features : Apply Default Settings but there is no option to tick 'Never Whisper Rolls' under the Default Character Sheet settings?
Have you been able to accomplish this with another whisper setting? If so, try changing it to the other whisper setting and then changing it to your desired setting. Jase said: I'm wondering if other people are having difficulty changing the default character sheet settings to 'Never Whisper Rolls' or it's just my game? The default for the module is 'Always Whisper Rolls'. I've tried opening up the Game Settings, changing it to 'Never Whisper Rolls', saving, going into the game and bringing up the Experimental Features : Apply Default Settings but there is no option to tick 'Never Whisper Rolls' under the Default Character Sheet settings?
It's strange. As I understand it, the module is 'Always Whisper Rolls' by default. When I bring up the Game Settings for the first time, and select 'Never Whisper Rolls' and save, It doesn't show up as an option to tick using the Experimental Features to apply it to all the tokens. But now trying to cycle through the settings, I chose the next one 'Whisper Toggle', saved then went into game, opened up the Experimental Features and it gave me the 'Whisper rolls to GM' as the only option to tick. I ticked it and ran it anyway and now its displaying everything as per 'Never Whisper Rolls'. Which is what i wanted and is good but it doesn't make any sense. ;)   Drespar said: Have you been able to accomplish this with another whisper setting? If so, try changing it to the other whisper setting and then changing it to your desired setting. Jase said: I'm wondering if other people are having difficulty changing the default character sheet settings to 'Never Whisper Rolls' or it's just my game? The default for the module is 'Always Whisper Rolls'. I've tried opening up the Game Settings, changing it to 'Never Whisper Rolls', saving, going into the game and bringing up the Experimental Features : Apply Default Settings but there is no option to tick 'Never Whisper Rolls' under the Default Character Sheet settings?
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Grogmonster - We populate the NPC's from the Monster Manual, so that is a link we will remove to avoid confusion. Thanks for letting us know! Jase - Ah, the Manshoon and Zhentarim discrepancies look like mistakes in the book text itself, which is what we use to create the module text. I'll see if we're able to change it.  Ziajin - Flutterfoot! I'll get that updated :) Thank you all for your feedback! I'm setting up a patch to be done in the next week or so, so as to get anything else we may need to update. 
Hey guys! Love the product so far. I've read through the base game, and the 'Spring Madness' add on so far and these are the only misses I've noticed. Not sure if these were already mentioned, or if perhaps they are localized to my copy of the game, but I feel there worth mentioning. li.li1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px 'Helvetica Neue'; color: #454545} span.s1 {font: 10.0px Menlo} ul.ul1 {list-style-type: disc} Main map of Waterdeep: Southern Ward is missing. Trollskull Alley T7 marker is missing Trollskull Alley T6: the “gp” is missing on the last spell cost of Rishaals available spells to sell. The veterans in G13 of the Gralhund Villa need to be at 30 hit points. And the Thugs at 20. I'll make sure to make a second mentioning if I find any other bugs. Thanks again for the digital version of the product guys :)
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Thanks Ed! Added to the patch list :)
Loren the GM
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Noticed that measuring scale has not been applied to the Waterdeep map. According to previous map sources, I'm finding that 1 Unit = 302 FT is a very close approximation to the various prior maps that have been published (4e, 3e). None of the maps line up exactly (placed them on GM layer to overlay with the new map), but this gets very close to a correct 1000 ft measurement on the various keys that were provided when they are overlayed on top of the new map.
Loren the GM said: Noticed that measuring scale has not been applied to the Waterdeep map. According to previous map sources, I'm finding that 1 Unit = 302 FT is a very close approximation to the various prior maps that have been published (4e, 3e). None of the maps line up exactly (placed them on GM layer to overlay with the new map), but this gets very close to a correct 1000 ft measurement on the various keys that were provided when they are overlayed on top of the new map. I was literally going to post about this very thing and your measurement is pretty accurate to what I found as well :D, I got to 300 but wasn't as precise as 302! But yes, waterdeep map scaled please?
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Adding it to the list! Thanks you two :)
Jase said: It's strange. As I understand it, the module is 'Always Whisper Rolls' by default. When I bring up the Game Settings for the first time, and select 'Never Whisper Rolls' and save, It doesn't show up as an option to tick using the Experimental Features to apply it to all the tokens. But now trying to cycle through the settings, I chose the next one 'Whisper Toggle', saved then went into game, opened up the Experimental Features and it gave me the 'Whisper rolls to GM' as the only option to tick. I ticked it and ran it anyway and now its displaying everything as per 'Never Whisper Rolls'. Which is what i wanted and is good but it doesn't make any sense. ;)   This whisper roll thing has been driving me nuts! I can't seem to get it to NOT WHISPER NPC rolls...
I'm going to try your fix Jase, hopefully it doesn't cause the world to explode :)
This isn't a bug but I have no idea where to ask this question. I am curious about getting the dragon heist bundle to save myself time setting up. But before I blow $45 what do the maps actually look like? Are they just the line drawn ones from the book or is there more added to it? Can't seem to find any examples anywhere. Thanks!
Loren the GM
Pro
Marketplace Creator
They are the maps from the book.

Edited 1536797304
edit: It's probably more useful to give feedback about the maps and anything else through the official D&D Survey that Wizards of the Coast are currently undertaking rather than rant about it in the forums.
In the Zhentarim hideout in chapter one, the window at the front entrance is described as painted over, but the dynamic lighting has it transparent, allowing the players to peek inside.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
David - Here is a screenshot from the module (You need to click on the module itself in the bundle in order to get to the previews, apologies for that confusion! The maps are the hand-drawn versions by Dyson Logos. I understand the map styles are not everyone's cup of tea, but please remember to be respectful on the forums :) It's much easier for us to share user feedback such as "I prefer Mike Schley maps, they're full color and show so much more detail!" over harsh words. Thank you for understanding! We have hand edited the maps for grid clarity and put them on a variety of paper textures to jazz them up a bit. I hope that helps you make your decision David!
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Warkoala - Thank you! Added to the patch list.
With Jaraxle's npc sheet, he's listed as being able to take 3 legendary actions per round, but doesn't have any legendary actions listed to choose from.
I can't seem to find the handout "The Three Urchins" referenced in the Alley - Autumn handout in the third paragraph under Apple Cart. 
I can’t find the Yawning Portal Familiar Faces handout (Appendix C from the book). The link in “Getting Started” takes me to the Yawning Portal Key instead.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Bryan N. -  The information is under "Encounter Chains" in the Chapter 4 Folder. I will get that language updated in the first patch so it's easier to find. Grant H. -  We've put their handouts in their own folder. I'll get that link updated in the first patch, thank you!

Edited 1537280852
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Reported elsewhere : Joshua M.  said: Jarlaxle is meant to have 3 legendary actions, but his character sheet doesn't have any of them in the Dragon Heist module I purchased. Moderator Note: This is a known issue, see above

Edited 1538302221
I accidentally deleted the background of the Random battlemap. How can I get it back without starting a new campaign?
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Hi Rob - You can either Transmog it in from another copy of the game (or any WOTC module released in the last year, they use the same background), or Rollback your game. 

Edited 1538927060
I dont have the main module available, I only have the seasons. How am I able to locate and import it? Its not in the drop down menu for game add ons.

Edited 1538931808
Loren the GM
Pro
Marketplace Creator
TabbyKat said: I dont have the main module available, I only have the seasons. How am I able to locate and import it? Its not in the drop down menu for game add ons. You have to create a new game using the module as the base for the game. Only the seasons work as addons. To create a new game, hove over Games in the top menu, then click Create New Game. When the Start New Game screen loads, choose the module (in this case, Waterdeep Dragon Heist) from the list in the right hand column. If you select it correctly, it will replace all of the smaller images with a larger image and some text regarding the module. Make sure any other settings (such as character sheet) are as you wish them to be, then click the I'm ready, create game! button. edited to add link to the wiki and relevant text from the marketplace: How do I access all of my content? Simply create a new game and choose Waterdeep: Dragon Heist from the module list. See the  Marketplace Module wiki  for more information. Depending on which story path you wish to explore with your players, choose the relevant addon (Waterdeep Spring, Summer, Fall, or Winter) from the addon menu on the game page and click Add to Game. See addon installation instructions in the  Marketplace Addons wiki .
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
When using a module, you need to choose it at campaign creation time. Did you start a new campaign and choose the module at that point?
Loren the GM said: TabbyKat said: I dont have the main module available, I only have the seasons. How am I able to locate and import it? Its not in the drop down menu for game add ons. You have to create a new game using the module as the base for the game. Only the seasons work as addons. To create a new game, hove over Games in the top menu, then click Create New Game. When the Start New Game screen loads, choose the module (in this case, Waterdeep Dragon Heist) from the list in the right hand column. If you select it correctly, it will replace all of the smaller images with a larger image and some text regarding the module. Make sure any other settings (such as character sheet) are as you wish them to be, then click the I'm ready, create game! button. edited to add link to the wiki and relevant text from the marketplace: How do I access all of my content? Simply create a new game and choose Waterdeep: Dragon Heist from the module list. See the  Marketplace Module wiki  for more information. Depending on which story path you wish to explore with your players, choose the relevant addon (Waterdeep Spring, Summer, Fall, or Winter) from the addon menu on the game page and click Add to Game. See addon installation instructions in the  Marketplace Addons wiki . That is not the issue. The issue is when creating a new game i only have the option to import season specific content. keithcurtis said: When using a module, you need to choose it at campaign creation time. Did you start a new campaign and choose the module at that point? Originally i did noy create a new game. I imported into one I had created and run a different campaign in before. I have since created two new games. One I imported all seasons, one I imported only the season I intend to play. Neither of them had any information from the main module, its was only season specific content.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
TabbyKat said: keithcurtis said: When using a module, you need to choose it at campaign creation time. Did you start a new campaign and choose the module at that point? Originally i did noy create a new game. I imported into one I had created and run a different campaign in before. I have since created two new games. One I imported all seasons, one I imported only the season I intend to play. Neither of them had any information from the main module, its was only season specific content. This is the expected behavior. When using an add-on, it can append to any game. When using a module, the module must be chosen at game creation time. If you create a new game and choose Waterdeep Dragonheist at that point, you will have all materials of the base campaign. Modules are frequently very large, and if they were added to existing games could add enough bloat to affect performance. Especially if the existing game is a large or long-running campaign.
hummm hello everyone, as i see in the description, it say we have acces to dynamic lignthing, but i dont ... why ? , is it a feature that you buy the campagne but still need to pay extra to get the plus and pro, to have acces to it ? why post in the description that you have acces to it, but once i bought it, still dont have acces to it ?
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Dynamic lighting requires the creator of the game to have a plus subscription as standard but I guess it could do with spelling that out a bit clearer in the description, you are right. If you have purchased it and feel that this is a deal breaker then I'd recommend emailing the devs using <a href="mailto:team@roll20.net" rel="nofollow">team@roll20.net</a> to discuss a refund :) Guillaume B. said: hummm hello everyone, as i see in the description, it say we have acces to dynamic lignthing, but i dont ... why ? , is it a feature that you buy the campagne but still need to pay extra to get the plus and pro, to have acces to it ? why post in the description that you have acces to it, but once i bought it, still dont have acces to it ?
There is no bubble for J27 on the ship maps. It shows it in the handout picture, but not on the Hellraiser or Heartbreaker maps' GM layers.