Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

How do i get this macro to roll dice for the characters level?

@{selected|character_name|wtype}&{template:simple} {{rname=^{hit-dice-u}}} {{mod=D@{selected|hitdie_final}+[[@{selected|constitution_mod}[CON]]]}} {{r1=[[1d@{selected|hitdie_final}+[[@{selected|constitution_mod}]][CON]]]}} {{normal=1}} @{selected|charname_output} How do i make this macro roll once with the appropriate dice per character level? I am using this for a short rest script. Does anyone know how to make a macro to set a token back to it's max hit points? I need that too.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
If your game uses a sheet, it's likely it tracks character level as an attribute, you could just go to the A&A tab and find the exact attribute name and you're set. What game/sheet are you playing/using? Macros can't change attributes, unless you are Pro user and also use some API in a macro.
I'm using the 5e OGL sheet.
What i want it to do is get the characters level and roll the extra hit die per level in one roll.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Go to your A&A tab on the character sheet, and search for an attribute with name that sounds like it's for the character's level, and use that. I don't know the 5E sheets on roll20 at all.