Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Dynamic Lighting: Player Token sight is about 5x what it should be and 'multiplier' feature seems to have no impact (plus or minus)

I created a token with my best bet at 5e darkvision out to 60 ft but the dark vision extends for closer to 5X that amount. Here are my settings:
Trial and error shows that if I set the light radius to approx 1/4 of whatever I actually want it to be, it ends up pretty close to the goal. For example a light radius of 15/-5 gives a true radius of about 57ft measured with the line tool....
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Can you post your map settings? I have a feeling the problem is likely with your map scale.

keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
So with those settings, your light should extend for 15 squares (60ft ÷ 4 ft/square). You are getting light that extends out to 75 squares (15 squares x 5)?
I finally figured it out. I had a torch sitting in a corner with light settings that were affecting all of the player tokens and it was bright enough to lighten the entire map...
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
It's always something, isn't it? Glad you got it sorted out. I'll go ahead and summon a mod to close this one.